blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Poker tracker/PAhud- Thoughts on the Statistics
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker tracker/PAhud- Thoughts on the Statistics  (Read 17309 times)
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »

Longy post your hud layout for Microgaming - I need a decent layout for Ladbrokes/Battlefield Poker.

Cheers
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »

Top 3 numbers are cbet/fold to cbet/went to showdown

Then VPIP/PFR/total agg factor/no of hands

Bottom white numbers agg factors by street.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 02:35:15 PM by Longy » Logged
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

Longy, are there any other add-ons to PT that you'd recommend?

I don't have this particular add-on yet, but I know friends of mine that do. There's one that shows you how often you're flopping sets against how often you should. And I also think there's some sort of Sklansky bucks grapher which shows how you're running in all-in situations afaik.

Longy, either of these ring a bell?
Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »

Aaah yes the poker EV  it sounds like. Doesn't work with laddies so i don't use it myself.

http://www.pokerevsoftware.com/
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 03:18:25 PM »

I was looking at that today  Smiley  Looks nifty, although I haven't looked far into it, just noticed it on 2+2. 

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 12:30:03 AM »

What would  you say is a good win rate per bb/100 on Poker tracker for 6 max NL.
Mine is in the green but not by a lot and i only have a small sample size of hands at the moment (10k)
Would 100k hands give accurate readings for this stat?

Cheers

edit - ive just realised mine is set to Big Bets (limit) not big blind, so in theory im running twice as good as i thought Smiley ...i think???....am i?Huh?

Is this something you can change in PT?  How do you do it?

Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 07:20:06 AM »

Is this something you can change in PT?  How do you do it?

Preferences tab, right hand side under the list of game levels - there's a tick box labelled "treat 'BB' for NL/PL as big blind amount". Tick it. Or don't. As you wish.

Obviously most people use ptbb/100 as their unit of choice, and therefore leave it unticked.

If you're in the red you should definitely leave it unticked so as to make your losses appear smaller. If you're winning but at a very modest rate you should probably tick it, in order to massage your ego by making your results look better than they are.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 11:34:42 PM »

Cheers Mosk,

So if I were to say that I was running at 6BB/100, people would generally assume it was the unticked figure?  I guess I'd best leave it alone for general ease of understanding.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 01:06:17 AM »

Question re Aggression Factor.

You mentioned that 2.5+ is pretty aggressive, but at the moment, I seem to be running at an average of 4.  On 3 of my tables, it's been up at 11 which amazed me, especially considering my VPIP and PFR isn't that high (around 13 and 10) - is this normal?  I didn't think I was playing that aggressive tbh. 

On the plus side, where you mention that Flop>Turn>River, I am in that direction so it's not all bad I suppose.

Obviously it's game dependent, but I was wondering if perhaps there are situations where I should be slowing down a touch.

Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 05:45:48 AM »

Question re Aggression Factor.

You mentioned that 2.5+ is pretty aggressive, but at the moment, I seem to be running at an average of 4.  On 3 of my tables, it's been up at 11 which amazed me, especially considering my VPIP and PFR isn't that high (around 13 and 10) - is this normal?  I didn't think I was playing that aggressive tbh. 

On the plus side, where you mention that Flop>Turn>River, I am in that direction so it's not all bad I suppose.

Obviously it's game dependent, but I was wondering if perhaps there are situations where I should be slowing down a touch.

Firsty as I think I mentioned in my OP, sample size is crucial and the agg factors don't settle down until you have played at least 500 hands.

Nothing wrong with being aggressive in poker, its alot better than passive. My total agression factor is over 3 over a very large sample. Playing 13/10 you are even more likely to be aggressive due to the factor that you are playing premium hands which tend to make some form of hand postflop and when you do play a hand you normally are the agressor preflop, so are naturally the agressor postflop.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »

It's over 1600 hands.  I am playing quite tight though so it hopefully will be that.  I was just looking at others with similar stats and their AF was pretty low in some instances. 

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 04:43:43 PM »

Some good information there. I for one appreciate your efforts.

A few questions though...

(1) On my 'preflop 3bet percentage' it may say 3/7. Okay, so I've 3bet preflop 3 times, but what is the 7? What is it out of?

(2) Have you recently spotted any good stats that may be worth displaying? What is your current line up?

(3) How do you find out your own stats in terms of vp, pf, af, cbs, etc? Are they all in one place on PT?
Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »

(1) On my 'preflop 3bet percentage' it may say 3/7. Okay, so I've 3bet preflop 3 times, but what is the 7? What is it out of?

(2) Have you recently spotted any good stats that may be worth displaying? What is your current line up?

(3) How do you find out your own stats in terms of vp, pf, af, cbs, etc? Are they all in one place on PT?

(1) This may be wrong as there was no 3bet stat in PT2 and I have not upgraded. I think the 3 represents 4bet (and 5bet, 6bets etc) and the 7 is your 3bet%.

(2) My pahud line is about 8 posts up this page.

(3) VPIP, PFR and af are all in the general info tab on PT2 and cbet was hidden away in the more stats button.

This maybe better answered/corrected by someone with PT3.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »

(1) This may be wrong as there was no 3bet stat in PT2 and I have not upgraded. I think the 3 represents 4bet (and 5bet, 6bets etc) and the 7 is your 3bet%.

(3) VPIP, PFR and af are all in the general info tab on PT2 and cbet was hidden away in the more stats button.

Thx

It's 3 preflop 3bets out of 7, followed by the percentage. I'm just not sure what it's out of. ie. Is the 7 the amount of times he's had the chance to three bet me?
Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »

Thx

It's 3 preflop 3bets out of 7, followed by the percentage. I'm just not sure what it's out of. ie. Is the 7 the amount of times he's had the chance to three bet me?

That would be my best guess, snoops.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: