blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!  (Read 34333 times)
wsopin07

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2005, 10:30:24 AM »

$400 nl holdem prelim event here in Dublin. I have 19k in the small blind and average is 22k. 49 runners left out of 150 and 18 is the $$$$. I have a good table image but not afraid to play! ( actually a tight image for me, was very quiet). We have 9 players at the table.

Have been at the same table for 7 hours , inbetween the same two "good" players. I feel I have the respect of both players as I have played well.

Blinds are 600/1200 w/ 100 ante,  folds to the buttom  and he raises to 4,400 and I find  two hearts two spades in the small blind, I think for a short while and move all in  ?

Button takes a long time to think and then says "lets gamble". He has  As and its a race (he had 17k in chips).

My question is should I have raised to lets say 11k to get this guy to think?Huh? Does the all in here show weakness?Huh? I dont want to play  Two Clubs two hearts post flop, do you even play this hand?Huh?

Rookie on his way to his 1st EPT title on Sunday

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 10:41:04 AM »

stop n go if no A comes on the flop.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:43:53 AM »

i think the all in is wrong...ok he might just be making a standard button move but you are potentially risking your whole tournament life on a race when you have no need to

A flat call is no option to me here, who wants to play 22 post flop out of position?

for you, the fold probably feels too tight against a button raise

i think a raise to 10k plus gives the button the message that you have something you want to play, looks stronger than an all-in, and he folds anything but premium hands. After all, he respects you. He may even re-raise you pre-flop witha biggie  and you can escape.

If he doesn't fold and you get a raggy flop you can push post flop I suppose if you put him on high cards

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
winkie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 10:48:59 AM »

Mr Rookie sir... personally I would not have played this hand. I absolutely hate looking down and finding a small pocket pair (when I'm playing poker that is....)

Always found it one of the hardest hands to play.

But then again, maybe that's why I'm not quite up there mixing it with the pros....
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 11:42:32 AM »

i would never play this hand as strongly as this, for me it's a straight choice:-

fold.....it only cost 600, no probs
call......try to flop the set or outplay him on the flop (my favourite, though depends on the amount of any raise), i check call most bets on the flop here (scares the bejesus out of most players Cheesy)

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 11:47:49 AM »

I think the 10k was the way to go, I knew iI had made a mistake right after I made the "move". He hit the   on the flop, it was a   high flop so i may have busted anyway, so I was down to 2k and quickly off to bed. DC still had good chips so I hope he finished well!!!!

Great input, keep it coming Cool

I would like more ideas and comments on this hand, this is what Blonde is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 11:49:29 AM »

Mr Rookie sir... personally I would not have played this hand. I absolutely hate looking down and finding a small pocket pair (when I'm playing poker that is....)

Always found it one of the hardest hands to play.

But then again, maybe that's why I'm not quite up there mixing it with the pros....

The pros are players just like you, trying to find the right mix to win Cool That is what is great about poker!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 11:52:37 AM »

A bracelet winner asking the blolndeites for hand advice - only on blonde!

Give it a  while Rookie, Flushy & Ironside will put you right.......

xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 11:55:14 AM »

easy pass for me
with 2,2 I might get a late position first eaise in or limp into a family pot for a set but I'm almost never calling a raise or re raising with them. but then I'm a rock and you're a maniac.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 11:57:12 AM »

i would never play this hand as strongly as this, for me it's a straight choice:-

fold.....it only cost 600, no probs
call......try to flop the set or outplay him on the flop (my favourite, though depends on the amount of any raise), i check call most bets on the flop here (scares the bejesus out of most players Cheesy)

NEVER, never say never, I made a move w/ a made hand, I agree and I wish I would have played it different, I do not agree w/ calling in this position at all, I dont want to enter the hand w/ 25% of my chips saying to myself that I can pass if I dont hit a set, outplay him after the flop is a possibility but I dont like that idea in this hand, I consider this a good player ( point to think about for me), if I raise I always have the extra option of a pass pre-flop.

as it turns out the   on the flop just ends the conversation, hell it was 50% / 50% and I had a chance

I guess it was a move that did not work, I just should have made a better move
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:00:50 PM by tikay » Logged

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 11:58:51 AM »

it's an easy pass for me, but then I'm not as aggressive as Brian

if you accept he doesn't want to pass to a button raise, which could be any handl

I think a raise to 10k is far far more preferable to a flat call if you IGNORE THE PASS..discuss

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »

I have made a small grammatical edit to Rookie's post to remove a stray  As that appeared, & which destroyed the context of a sentence.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 12:06:43 PM »

easy pass for me
with 2,2 I might get a late position first eaise in or limp into a family pot for a set but I'm almost never calling a raise or re raising with them. but then I'm a rock and you're a maniac.

Thanks for the shirt, great stuff.

There is 6,500  in the pot, almost 33% of my stack, I have played very few hands in the 30 minutes leading to this hand, I needed to pick up a pot at some time. Other players at the table are stealling like mad, you must start playing at this point!!!!!!!!!  But maybe this was not the hand

Earlier in the comp I was in the small blind and called a button rise of 500 when blinds were 100/200 w two hearts , flop  two spades and I busted the guy w/  Ah As, you must learn to gamble at the right times Cool

I thought you were just trying to put a rock image across in the heads up when you beat me, know I find you really are Cool

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »

it's an easy pass for me, but then I'm not as aggressive as Brian

if you accept he doesn't want to pass to a button raise, which could be any handl

I think a raise to 10k is far far more preferable to a flat call if you IGNORE THE PASS..discuss

I think I should have bet 11,300     

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 12:10:41 PM »

so are you going all in on any flop if the guy calls your raise?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: