blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did I play this hand / comments please / from the ROOKIE!  (Read 34328 times)
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 12:16:19 PM »

so are you going all in on any flop if the guy calls your raise?

yes,  I move it in and hope for the best, down to 7k or so, he better have a hand, but just in this case against this player at this time, not always

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 12:16:45 PM »

any rag flop, probably

maybe

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »

any rag flop, probably

maybe

even if he has me on the flop I once again give him every chance to pass, if not I have 2 outs and I hope for the best, I want to win the comp and the chips are moving fast around me

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 12:19:35 PM »

gotcha

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 12:22:45 PM »

that may be me biggest problem, I needed to give him more than one chance to pass, allin does not do that, reraise and even play after the flop does!

as it turns out he probaly wont because he hits his  , to me thats just unlucky for me, but I am looking at this hand as a way to become a force at the table again and have a chance to win!

My stack has gradually gone down from 32k in 2 hours and I need to stop the bleeding!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:33:51 PM by tikay » Logged

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 12:25:15 PM »

what was the turn?
i call the original raise, flat call a bet (other than a huge one) on the flop, if a bigger card hits the turn he's gonna slow down, then i push.
If the turn is a J Q or K he will fold.
That is what i meant by outplaying him on the flop

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 12:26:23 PM »

Sorry to be different but I think you've made quite a good move here. I really cant see how he's managed to call with A10!

He's announced "let's gamble" so I guess he read you correctly for an underpair but why couldn't you have had AQ or AK?

Ok in hindsight your move with 22 was maybe a little too risky but it still doesn't explain how the hell he made such a good call.

I guess some of it is who you make the move against and this guy was obviously good enough to call in the right spot. If you'd turned over AK though he'd have looked silly.

Mate, the truth is you should start playing real hands - like 2 3 of spades!  Cool
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 12:30:17 PM »

what was the turn?
i call the original raise, flat call a bet (other than a huge one) on the flop, if a bigger card hits the turn he's gonna slow down, then i push.

I got that, dont remember, didnt care, tired after 7 hours of play, you have good points, the table had become an all in fest and I think I got trapped into that idea, something I will work on in my game! 

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 12:33:05 PM »

Sorry to be different but I think you've made quite a good move here. I really cant see how he's managed to call with A10!

He's announced "let's gamble" so I guess he read you correctly for an underpair but why couldn't you have had AQ or AK?

Ok in hindsight your move with 22 was maybe a little too risky but it still doesn't explain how the hell he made such a good call.

I guess some of it is who you make the move against and this guy was obviously good enough to call in the right spot. If you'd turned over AK though he'd have looked silly.

Mate, the truth is you should start playing real hands - like 2 3 of spades!  Cool

It was Mick ?, great guy who writes for Pokereuropa out of Ireland, good player, table was graet, had some new bullies on it also w/ 2 other top players! He made a very good call!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 12:36:38 PM »

Rookie says "Mick", it's Mick McCloskey. How on earth he makes that call with A-T I don't know!

as for Rookie, I just can't get over a Bracelet Winner - American at that - actually having the humility to seek hand advice on here, & admitting he MAY have played it wrong. Top bloke. Needs to wear socks though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:39:50 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 12:37:12 PM »

what was the turn?

I know this guy moves, or calls w/ any part of the board post flop, he is getting short as I am, I am relly tring to find a way to get him off any non-premium hand pre-flop, that is how I was thinking at the time, if he has the goods than good luck to him the rest of the way.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 12:40:34 PM »

Rookie says "Mick", it's Mick McCloskey. How on earth he makes that call with A-T I don't know!

As for Rookie, I just can't get over a Bracelet Winner - American at that - actually having the humility to seek hand advice on here, & admitting he MAY have played it wrong. Top bloke. Needs to wear socks though.

great guy, I really enjoyed playing w/ him, I think he was very impressed w/ my changing gears, I played one of my best no-limit comps ever, to bad I did not get a result for it, he really understands how the rookie plays and how much fun it is to be at the rookies table.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 12:46:06 PM »

what was the turn?

I know this guy moves, or calls w/ any part of the board post flop, he is getting short as I am, I am relly tring to find a way to get him off any non-premium hand pre-flop, that is how I was thinking at the time, if he has the goods than good luck to him the rest of the way.

Exactly, and to give him the BEST opportunity to pass (if you decide to move here, personally I wouldn't have) I think the all in is the correct play. It gives MAXIMUM opportunity to pass.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 12:48:03 PM »

Right Rookie, forget this 2-2 business, I got a problem for YOU to solve.

The Final of the €400 is this afternoon at 3pm. Dave is BIG Chip Leader, & Thewy is average. We NEED to get some sort of Live Update goling, & I am stuck at home here in Derbyshire.

So.......

Can you EITHER find a big Norweigan Guy called Rolf Woods & get him to call me, Dave has my number. Rolf is a big mate, we help each other a lot on Live Updates, & I know he will run a Live Update for us if you can find him for me.

Or....

Find someone to ring or text me with Updates from the Final this afternoon.

Off you go then - you sorted it yet?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 12:50:33 PM »

great news, i will get it done

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: