blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1a: At-A-Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1a: At-A-Glance  (Read 12370 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 11:11:54 PM »

Followin on from that I have news of some eliminations...

First off, two gentlemen I didn't recognise (but one of which I think was Mehrdad Saffari) exchanged raises preflop and Mehrdad Saffari, the erstwhile chipleader had obviously lost much of his early stack as he found himself ALLIN with his KQ versus the 8-8 of his opponent.

Unfortunately, for him, he failed to hit and after a promising start Saffari found it's a jungle out there as he joined the rail...

Next up Ian Cox raised on the button to 1800, and after his opponent Sasha Rosewood asked him for a count, he reraised anohter 8k or so. Ian felt that Sasha was at it and moved in for his last 7k-ish and Sasha called him.

Ian's intuition was correct, as he found his A-7 to be ahead of Sasha's -9s.

A flop of 6-9-8 brought hope to both players although it was a bad one for Ian, and the 4 turn and 6 river failed to produce the straight or ace he required meaning, despite a brave and well judged move, Ian's tournament was over.

"Unlucky mate, well played" I offered in consolation and put my hand out in customary mode. Ian got up from his seat and as he shook my hand, I felt the bones beginning to bend under his granite grip suggesting he was perhaps not 100% with the way his tournament ended!.... "I had a feeling he was at it" he told me grumpily as he departed. Even the golden boys have bad days I guess!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »

You're doing a great job!  I refuse to cheer anyone on because it's an insta bok every time, but am quietly delighted with progress of the unmentionables. 

Shhh! Just thinking about them can send them weeping to the rail!

Hopefully you're not secretly rooting for Sunny Chattha, because he is long gone. I didn't see him go, but Julian Thew called me over "because this needs to be made public". It seems he moved in with pocket Sevens on a 9-9-4 flop and found a caller in Joe Grech holding A-4, but a King on the turn and another on the river counterfeited Sunny out of what was rightfully, statistically-likely-ly his. Ouch.

Better luck those who have been secretly rooting for Stephen Basri, as he's just doubled up courtesy of Sasha ROsewood in the old painful-for-guy-with-Kings Aces versus Kings confrontation. Aces hit a set on the river for good measure, a metaphorical final finger up at Rosewood's Kings.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 11:36:28 PM »

Mr C Bunton, who has awesome hairdo that sadly didn't come out in the photo I took but am now withholding, min-raised utg only for Dave Clark to shove for 15k. Bunton folded fairly sharply. I think I saw a Deuce as he folded...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 11:41:07 PM »

Not sure exactly what happened. I think what happened was that Mark Bointon shoved and Conan Bailey called. The reason I'm not sure is that Bointon had Aces and Conan (CONAN!!!!) had A-J. He was giggling a lot as he made his fairly predictable exit, so possibly that's exactly what happened. Sorry, Conan fans. It's barbaric, really.

CONAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 11:43:54 PM »

In reply to requests made a long long time ago:

Craig McCorkell - 14k

James Atkin - 40k
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 12:37:56 AM »

Ok, breaking news, which I will type as fast as my withered little fingers can manage as Dana is hovering menacingly, eyeing my laptop with its working connection enviously with a glimmer of madness lurking beneath.

I am ever so slightly scared...

Anyway, first off we spoke to Jen in teh rbeak who was happy sitting on her stack of 26k, especially as the aggressive and dangerous Nik Persaud, with whom she had had some tangles had now left her table.

This news has since been superceded though as Jen was involved in a big pot.

After some betting preflop and on the flop, Jen's opponent in the hand, Nathan Lee, moved in on a Thc board to receive an instant call from Jen.

Jen showed the flopped nuts-tastic J-9, whilst Nathan was banking on hitting a club with his -6c.

The river.....BLANKED, meaning Ms Mason received a big boost to her stack which is sitting in the 45k region now. Go Jen!

Josh Tyler is doing well. After the table break, he moved to join a freshly constructed table, which Alex Martin wasn't too happy about, seeing as Josh was sitting on the button to his big blind.

The fact Josh had in the region of 70k, which was so many they couldn't even fit all his chips on the table probably didn't help either!

Dave Clarke revealed he had about 20k in the break. "Ah so you're sitting comfortably" remarked Jen, taking a 5 minute break from her chip accumulation/ decimation antics.....

"Not comfortably enough" said Dave with the barest hint of a veiled threat detectable in his voice...I'm glad I'm not on his table.

Leon Campbell just doubled through against John Eames, his 7-7 holding versus John's 3-3.

There was some confusion as the board read Two Diamonds Two Clubs by the river and the dealer, who to be fair was being harrassed from all sides, decided this was a split pot and began to divide the chips up. Chaos held full dominion for a few moments whilst everyone threw their Two Clubs in, further confusing the amount in the pot, but ultimately Leon doubled through to 12-13k or so...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59:31 AM »

Atkinator fans I'm sorry, he's taken a huge hit. Owen Lock shoves and Atkin dwells and calls. His pocket Tens are drawing thin against Lock's Aces, and thinner when an Ace comes on the flop.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 01:46:10 AM »

Yes yes indeed, play has finished for the night. James Atkins fans will be delighted to hear that he has made a Comeback and is now in second place somehow... Lots of other people are also still in, we'll have the chip counts with you later tonight, and please go right ahead and read our Daily Tournament Report over at William Hill, as soon as we've written it.

Until then, 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 02:27:23 AM »

End of day chip counts from Mr Raab -

Player   End of Level 9
 Niall Charlton   88700
 James Atkin   78575
 Andrew Cunningham-brown   67500
 P Gardener   61100
 John Eames   59575