blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 2: At-A-Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 2: At-A-Glance  (Read 16064 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »

We are about to give out full chip counts in a moment but whilst they are being typed up, let me just inform you that Dave Colclough just moved allin.

Facing a button raise from Rob Garfield, Dave re-raised allin and was called pretty sharpish by Rob, who was holding Ah-Kh. Dave sighed and flipped over As .

A board devoid of transpired meaning Dave's slightly mis-timed move failed to pay off and he departs leaving in 19th place or so...

Here is Dave sans chips but wearing a big smile as he leaves the tournament to deserved mumbles of "well played" by his tablemates.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »

Jen has been super busy since those last chip counts went up, blossoming her burgeoning stack into half a million or so chips and she is very likely to be the new chip leader now as we approach the run up to the final table.

Here's a reminder of the payout structures.

1st Place £86,800 plus seat in Grand Final
2nd Place £46,200
3rd Place £30,800
4th Place £22,400
5th Place £16,800
6th Place £14,000
7th Place £11,200
8th Place £8,400
9th Place £5,600
10th Place £4,200
11th Place £2,800
12th to 15th £2,240
16th to 21st £1,960
22nd to 27th £1,680

The competition looks pretty open at this stage. Julian Thew has played sensibly all day today and finding himself near the summit as we approach the final means he will be a big threat to take down his 2nd GUKPT and roughly 27th title(ish) in a few months...

Jen Mason's reputation should be spreading far and wide given her propensity to accumulate chips and run deep in virtually every worthwhile live event she plays. Can she put the icing on the cake, shake off her denigrating bacon-hair tag and take down her first GUKPT?

The highly experienced Joe Grech is also very well stacked and his breadth of experience in these situations should give him an edge that lots of players here won't have.

Steve Jelinek is another highly consistent player and he has kept himself well in contention all tournament and has to be taken seriously as a contender to take down the trophy.

Who will win...?

I'm off to join Dana as we approach the last few furlongs to see who can make it through to do battle tomorrow on the final table.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 10:47:34 PM »

[Steve Jelinek is not a contender to take it down, as he's OUT. He was crippled by the A-K v Jen's K-K, and then ran into Roberts Cowen's cheeky Aces to finish him off. Cowen actually took out another player with the same Aces - afraid we don't know who, as he'd only just been moved to that table and no-one could tell us who it was.]

Another victim of the monster that is Grech-del has gone - this time the shortstacked Alan Dean.

Nik Persaud raised utg and Alan Dean flat called. Grech got himself some kidn of read, and re-raised to around 60k - enough to cover Dean. Nik got out of the way pretty sharpish, and Dean proceeded to dwell and squirm. Eventually he declared, "You know what I've got," and called.

Alan Dean -

Joe Grech -

Board -

There was some good-natured handshaking, and Grech the Great marauds on. Would that I felt I had time to photoshop a pirate hat on him or something.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 10:55:33 PM »

By the way the second gent who fell prey to Roberts Cowen's Pocket Rockets (when Mr Jelinek went out) was Colin Linton.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »

An enormous hand just played out between Jen Mason and Julian Thew...

I joined the action on a flop of contested three way between Jen, Julian and Roberts Cowen.

Julian had 50k in front of him laid out as a bet and Roberts Cowen considered getting involved before passing.

The action moved round to Jen, who clicked and shuffled her chips in her unique, deliberate thoughtful way as she pondered the ramifications of the different options open to her.....before quietly announcing "ALLIN."

Julian leaned back in his chair and sighed, apparently not too overjoyed at this turn of events...the lack of insta-passing meant he clearly had some sort of big decision to make here though. Could he call off his remaining 140k or so chips? After much face rubbing, smiling at Jen and contemplation he finally made the call, turning over 9-8 for top 2 pair.

Jen tabled T-T for an overpair and open ended straight draw. A huge coin flip then but who would emerge victorious?

The turn was the...As.

The river was the ! This gave Julian a winning full house, an enormous pot and a massively relieved expression. Jen looked shell shocked as she complimented Julian on a nice hand. She lost a lot of chips on this hand but is still left with roughly 100k, which she is well capable of spinning up.

Here is a shot of the aftermath of the hand, so gripping not even the merest glimpse of Dena's cleavage can draw you away from the action I bet...well....

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2008, 11:23:55 PM »

EXITS exits exits

Man, they're like buses.

First up John Eames is out, apparently shoving with into Jim Reid's Aces. Oops. I have photos but for the sake of prompt informationizing, I'll upload them in a minute or two, after I tell you about a spectacular crazy three-way all-in.

After absolutely nothing at all happening on Table Grech for some time, it was like they all collectively snapped or something.

Niall Charlton is all in with
Rory Campbell is all in with
Karim Louis has sensibly called all of this with

Board - ("yessss!" says Rory) Two Clubs ("jack!" and "no jack!" are the assorted cries of onlookers)

Rory Campbell and Niall Charlton are both OUT. Photos soon...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2008, 11:32:15 PM »

I got as far as uploading the photos to my laptop and was about to edit them and upload to blonde, when we receive MORE BREAKING NEWS.

Jen Mason's OUT. Junglecat saw it, he's grimacing at me, like so:

More info to follow...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 12:20:31 AM »

Most recent OUTage is Woody Deck. He's currently having a drink in the bar with Jen and told me his story:

Fabio Esposito ("the little Italian guy" a la Words Of Woody) was "pissed off" with Woody for "outplaying him" in an earlier hand, and as a result had raised Woody's big blind from the button four times in a row. Eventually Woody called him with A-8 offsuit, which was "not something I'd usually do", but this time Fabio (Faaaabioooo!) had pocket Tens. What can you do.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2008, 12:37:06 AM »

Shock Horror! We have jsut witnessed two eliminations.

First off the hoodied Farbod Javad shoved when it was folded round to him in the small blind. Jim Reid took little time to call with his , and Farbod showed his frustration fist-clench style as he turned over his dominated As .

The board came 4-K-T-8-4, meaning, since Jim's enormous stack more than consumed that of Farbod, that Javed Farbod is out in 11th to the congratulations, hugs and handshakes from his assembled supporters on the rail...

10 remained at this point but any suggestion that this would mean a laborious drawn out process as the players tried to outlast each other was shattered soon afterwards.

Rob Garfield raised to 25k from mid position (5k/10k/500)on Joe Grech's big blind...

"He loves your blind!" exclaimed Nik Persaud, possibly cheekily trying to encourage a little action to boost his chances of making the final table...possibly.

He needn't have worried as Karim Louis called from the small blind, and Joe felt obliged to call the extra 15k for value and did.

The flop came an action packed .

Karim now moved allin for what was Rob entire stack of 150-200k. Rob stood up and rubbed his forehead as he tried to make a decision...

Eventually...HE CALLED!

Karim showed for bottom set whilst Rob showed for a gutshot, nut flush draw and gutshot royal flush draw.

All eyes were on the Dena as she flipped over the turn which was the , meaning Rob was now in the driver's seat with the nut flush. The river fell the .... though, which meant Rob's flush was now redundant, ruined on the river by Karim's splendid and final-table-bubble-bursting full house!

What an exciting culmination to today's play!

As the players were now reduced to the final 9, this brought an immediate end to proceedings. We have some photos of the final drama to share with you, which will be appearing shortly and we will be passing out accurate chip counts for the final 9 players any time now...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »

Ok, final chip counts for our final table (thanks Mr Raab, your rewards will be many in the life to come):

James Reid    678000
 Karim Louis    574500
 Josef Grech    454000
 Julian Thew    400500
 Micheal Bolger    180500
 Nik Persaud    173000
 Marcus Bebb-Jones    158500
 Fabio Esposito    146000
 Roberts Cowen    136500

We'll be back at the slightly later time of 2.30pm tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion. We'll have a daily report up with our friends at William Hill Poker within the next few hours, once we've had a drink or three with Jen of course, so do feel free to head over to their site later on if you just haven't had enough Day 2 yet.

Until then,

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: