blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2100 2101 2102 2103 [2104] 2105 2106 2107 2108 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3604402 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31545 on: October 11, 2019, 07:51:50 AM »

I love how all the old codgers come online first.

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RED-DOG, tikay, typhoon13, Woodsey, Pokerpops, the-jackal, Juperjiper, jakally.

I've also seen Dewi and Glen.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31546 on: October 11, 2019, 08:27:29 AM »

I'm beginning to realise that I watch a lot of reality TV. Not celebrity stuff of course but real reality.

Cop shows, aircrash investigation, 24 hours in A&W, paramedics, forensics, court cases & trials, rescues of any kind....

In another life, I would have been involved with the emergency services. Perhaps a paramedic or search & rescue, maybe a dog handler.

It must be great to do something that helps people.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31547 on: October 11, 2019, 08:44:59 AM »

Do the dogs get up with you Tom?

I have a similar problem waking up early. Once I wake up - usually 5 or 6 am - I just lay there & start to worry. Only cure is to get up.

Then by midday I need to have a sleep. Ridiculous really.

The dogs live outdoors Tony but they are always aware when I'm up.

They have warm dry kennels but they also have access to the space beneath the chalet, it's all boxed in so it's quite cozy so they often spend the night under there.

Only Poppy and Kizzy live with me full time now, Amber and Evie are with my daughters so I still see them regularly.

This is a pic of me and Bridie doing the boxing in.

I was a bit plump back then wasn't I?

Click to see full-size image.

Well you had more hair, but were less plump slimmer then.

I recall visiting just after the new Mobile (or "Chalet" as you now call it, as you've gone all posh) & you were either fitting plywood to the underside of it, or fitting that latticed "boxing in" seen in the photo, but I can't quite recall which.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31548 on: October 11, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »

I travelled 1st Class on an EMR train last week, ordered a sausage roll & was shocked when the somewhat brusque attendant plonked it down in front of me & stated "that'll be £4."

Never ever paid for food when travelling 1st on Network Rail before. 

To add insult to injury, the roll was not buttered. I repeat, not buttered. So vulgar. Do I look common?

Your diet going as well as mine then Cheesy

I can't work out if those sausages are side by side or on top of each other. It's like an optical illusion.

That’s not a sausage roll.
It’s a sausage bun/bap/batch/cob

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31549 on: October 11, 2019, 09:00:40 AM »

Mobile - Chalet
Potato - Potato

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31550 on: October 11, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »

Mobile - Chalet
Potato - Potato

The current trend is to describe them as Lodges. Usually with the descriptor Luxury attached.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #31551 on: October 11, 2019, 09:08:25 AM »

I travelled 1st Class on an EMR train last week, ordered a sausage roll & was shocked when the somewhat brusque attendant plonked it down in front of me & stated "that'll be £4."

To add insult to injury, the roll was not buttered. I repeat, not buttered. So vulgar. Do I look common?

I can't work out if those sausages are side by side or on top of each other. It's like an optical illusion.

There is a cafe where I frequently go cycling and they used to sell a "sausage sandwich in a roll" and a "sausage roll".  It used to give me real anxiety when ordering as I never wanted a "sausage roll" and there is a good chance of blank looks when ordering a sausage bap.   Thank goodness they now sell sausage baps and bacon baps instead.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31552 on: October 11, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »

There is a cafe where I frequently go cycling and they used to sell a "sausage sandwich in a roll" and a "sausage roll".  It used to give me real anxiety when ordering as I never wanted a "sausage roll" and there is a good chance of blank looks when ordering a sausage bap.   Thank goodness they now sell sausage baps and bacon baps instead.

I wish people would stop quoting pictures of this sausage cob now. Every time I see it I want one.

I would whip one up but we don't keep sausages on stock anymore because I keep eating them.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31553 on: October 11, 2019, 09:16:08 AM »

EMR don't do any food/drinks for free in first class at the weekend i think.   Was it the weekend?

No, Friday and Monday.

First time I've ever been charged for food in 1st class.

I was outraged, almost wrote to The Times and signed it "Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells".

Wow that's pretty insane.   Don't get the 'EMR' rebrand either what was wrong with East Midlands Mainline?   I have used the trains a lot in the last few months during my driving ban and couldn't see any difference at all from the rebrand.

Here's the EMR Menu they belatedly gave me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31554 on: October 11, 2019, 09:17:03 AM »

This would be my recommendation. £4, but delish.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31555 on: October 11, 2019, 09:18:09 AM »

EMR don't do any food/drinks for free in first class at the weekend i think.   Was it the weekend?

No, Friday and Monday.

I was outraged, almost wrote to The Times and signed it "Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells".

Wow that's pretty insane.   Don't get the 'EMR' rebrand either what was wrong with East Midlands Mainline?   I have used the trains a lot in the last few months during my driving ban and couldn't see any difference at all from the rebrand.

Here's the EMR Menu they belatedly gave me.

The porridge looks good value.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31556 on: October 11, 2019, 09:29:31 AM »

Settle an argument.

Do you pronounce the L in almond?

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31557 on: October 11, 2019, 09:32:37 AM »

Settle an argument.

Do you pronounce the L in almond?

I do, but I didn’t poison anyone.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31558 on: October 11, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »

No, Friday and Monday.

Wow that's pretty insane.   Don't get the 'EMR' rebrand either what was wrong with East Midlands Mainline?   I have used the trains a lot in the last few months during my driving ban and couldn't see any difference at all from the rebrand.

That's a product of the quite ridiculous Franchising system in place, & a great example of why Government should never be allowed near businesses or commercial projects, as they genuinely have no idea. (The CAA is an honourable exception, they are excellent).

Here's the (recent) timeline of what is known as the East Midlands franchise.

1996 - 2007 - operated as Midland Mainline, owned by National Express.  

2007 - 2019 - operated as East Midlands Trains, owned by Stagecoach

2019 - 2027 - operated as East Midlands Railways, owned by Abellio.

Note the near identical names of the Train Operating Companies (TOC's).

And here's the kicker - they all used the same rolling stock & tractive power units, the same staff, same destinations, same journey times, same everything. They were all identical except for the branding & livery. And each time they changed franchise, they spent £x milly rebranding all the rolling stock, locomotives etc.

Daftest thing ever.

South West Trains - extremely efficient, operating primarily out of Waterloo - did exactly the same thing last year.

They HAD been "South West Trains", operated by Stagecoach.  They then awarded the franchise to First Group, who re-branded everything "South Western Railway".  Same rolling stock, same crews, same staff, same everything. Different branding.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:38:44 AM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31559 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:29 AM »

When I was a boy there was an advert on TV where a trendy couple were playing chess using chocolates as pieces.

"I see, you're threatening my almond Sunday" she used to say coyly.

"Yes, and he'll be threatening your leg on Monday" we used to reply hilariously.

Pages: 1 ... 2100 2101 2102 2103 [2104] 2105 2106 2107 2108 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: