blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2223 2224 2225 2226 [2227] 2228 2229 2230 2231 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3586911 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33390 on: March 02, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »

I see you are getting a bit of voice over work Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkI9M4F4P2w

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33391 on: March 02, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »

I see you are getting a bit of voice over work Tom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkI9M4F4P2w

Uncanny, isn't it? I posted the same clip here a few weeks ago, I could barely believe how similar to Tom he sounds. And looks, come to think of it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33392 on: March 02, 2021, 09:21:06 AM »

That's cos he talks proper.

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33393 on: March 02, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9316507/Pontins-banned-customers-using-secret-blacklist-titled-undesirable-guests.html

Have you seen this Tom?   What a total disgrace by Pontins.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33394 on: March 02, 2021, 04:03:49 PM »

It's very common Arb. The only unusual thing is that they were foolish enough to leave written evidence.

I attended a conference a few years ago. when it finished a few of the Travellers adjourned to a local Weatherspoons for a spot of lunch and were refused entry.

Unfortunately for Weatherspoons, the Travellers were accompanied by several barristers and a couple of high-ranking police officers....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pub-chain-jd-wetherspoon-fined-5719731

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33395 on: March 02, 2021, 04:09:32 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I know there are some bad eggs, but let's judge people on a case by case basis.

I can't reproduce it here because I don't have Facebook, but a Mrs Red showed me a post this morning where a woman complains of losing a three-legged cat and asks if anyone has seen any Gypsies in the area.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33396 on: March 02, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »

So based on their list of names if Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr,  Jimmy Connors, Ken Doherty and Ben Stokes all decided to slum it at Pontin's they would be automatically refused?

What does their website do when such names try to book online?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:17:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33397 on: March 02, 2021, 04:31:15 PM »

I saw this earlier elsewhere.  I am not going on the Mail website, but the i website had the lwhole ist of surnames and a couple of my (non Gypsy/Traveller) friends would have been refused a booking (Tom wouldn't have been).  

As Tom says, ban the individuals and not a whole unrelated group, especially if your list is as badly targetted as this one is.

There was something on my local Facebook a couple of months ago where somebody told everybody to lock their bikes away as there were a group of travellers in one of the local carparks and this lot were always stealing bikes.  I asked him how he knew this particular group of people and were they the ones who stole bikes in our area for the rest of the year (we have an issue year round).  A couple of others joined in and it was taken down in a couple of hours.  A small victory, and hopefully he'll think twice next time.  

It is madness to target a group of strangers who have literally been in the area a couple of hours (and might not have even been here before) over some ongoing problem that likely has absolutely nothing to do with them.  The thing is that car park is on the outskirts of town and has barely been used for the previous 12 months because of Covid (maybe it has been operating at 10% of capacity.  

Happy birthday anyway Tom.      

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33398 on: March 02, 2021, 10:57:02 PM »

Cheers Dooby.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33399 on: March 02, 2021, 10:58:40 PM »

Ooer!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56259056

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33400 on: March 03, 2021, 01:17:17 AM »

What we've come to expect from opposition in Scotland, and the BBC.

Aside from declaring someone guilty before they've even taken the stand, the 'crime' is a self-reported potential breach of ministerial code, which has Douglas Ross demanding resignation when the Cabinet of his party is full of worse offences up to and including breaking laws without even an apology, and a national broadcaster who are intent on ignoring the crimes of one Government and magnifying and lyingthem on the other.

It's very clear that the SNP are in line to win a majority in May (something very difficult to do with the D'Hondt system of election) and every dirty trick is being played to try and stop it.

Douglas Ross btw was the delightful specimen who, when asked what he'd do if Prime Minister for the day, replied 'I would like to see tougher enforcement against Gypsy travellers'.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 01:21:20 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33401 on: March 03, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »

Thanks for the lnput Rod, it's making me partial.
I know nothing of Scottish politics but I'm enjoying the spectacle.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33402 on: March 03, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »

What we've come to expect from opposition in Scotland, and the BBC.

Aside from declaring someone guilty before they've even taken the stand, the 'crime' is a self-reported potential breach of ministerial code, which has Douglas Ross demanding resignation when the Cabinet of his party is full of worse offences up to and including breaking laws without even an apology, and a national broadcaster who are intent on ignoring the crimes of one Government and magnifying and lyingthem on the other.

It's very clear that the SNP are in line to win a majority in May (something very difficult to do with the D'Hondt system of election) and every dirty trick is being played to try and stop it.

Douglas Ross btw was the delightful specimen who, when asked what he'd do if Prime Minister for the day, replied 'I would like to see tougher enforcement against Gypsy travellers'.

Hi Rod. 

All that has happened here is that the SNP/Scottish Government/civil service might not have followed the correct process.  Salmond is likely not entirely innocent, but to be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt is a high bar.  And he seems to have been involved in some shady behaviour in trying to name victims of his alleged behaviour.  The people of Scotland seem to be mostly taking Sturgeon over Salmond on this one.

Is that a fair summary?

Alex Salmond seems to be coming out of this richer in cash terms, but maybe not so rich in the reputation department. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33403 on: March 03, 2021, 12:25:42 PM »

Girls girls girls
Girls girls girls
Girls girls girls girls girls.

Georg Kajanus.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33404 on: March 03, 2021, 12:29:48 PM »

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe6g1AME/

Pages: 1 ... 2223 2224 2225 2226 [2227] 2228 2229 2230 2231 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: