blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 2226 2227 [2228] 2229 2230 2231 2232 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600810 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33405 on: March 03, 2021, 12:40:57 PM »

Ha, incred.

Surprised to see you are a Tik Tok user, seems a bit youthful for you.

Did you ever join Twitter?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33406 on: March 03, 2021, 12:49:14 PM »

What we've come to expect from opposition in Scotland, and the BBC.

Aside from declaring someone guilty before they've even taken the stand, the 'crime' is a self-reported potential breach of ministerial code, which has Douglas Ross demanding resignation when the Cabinet of his party is full of worse offences up to and including breaking laws without even an apology, and a national broadcaster who are intent on ignoring the crimes of one Government and magnifying and lyingthem on the other.

It's very clear that the SNP are in line to win a majority in May (something very difficult to do with the D'Hondt system of election) and every dirty trick is being played to try and stop it.

Douglas Ross btw was the delightful specimen who, when asked what he'd do if Prime Minister for the day, replied 'I would like to see tougher enforcement against Gypsy travellers'.

Hi Rod.  

All that has happened here is that the SNP/Scottish Government/civil service might not have followed the correct process.  Salmond is likely not entirely innocent, but to be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt is a high bar.  And he seems to have been involved in some shady behaviour in trying to name victims of his alleged behaviour.  The people of Scotland seem to be mostly taking Sturgeon over Salmond on this one.

Is that a fair summary?

Alex Salmond seems to be coming out of this richer in cash terms, but maybe not so rich in the reputation department.  

Pretty fair, although I'm not sure he's tried to name victims/accusers, some of the redacted stuff was the location of an office etc which could have been used to work out the person.

The Unionists are taking the chance to make the most of every claim Salmond has made before Sturgeon gets her say. Trying to build up a groundswell of belief in case the committee finds she didn't do much wrong.  She did mislead parliament but claims it was a mistake & that she has a lot of meetings to remember.

Alex Salmond is finished, those backing him now (apart from a fairly small conservative (small c) group in the party) are those who were desperate for him to have been found guilty when he was the accused. They'll drop him like a stone whatever the result.

I'm not convinced he'll even be richer. I genuinely think he's trying to bring everyone down with him for vanity reasons.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33407 on: March 03, 2021, 12:54:48 PM »

Ha, incred.

Surprised to see you are a Tik Tok user, seems a bit youthful for you.

Did you ever join Twitter?

I'm not a Tik Tok user as such Tony, the girls send me links and I can view them without an account.

No, I haven't joined Twitter or Facebook yet, I'm still considering it.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33408 on: March 03, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »

Anyone seen this? Highly recommended.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33409 on: March 03, 2021, 07:26:11 PM »

I quite liked this twitter comment on the questioning of Nicola Sturgeon today. A lot of mud being thrown hoping something sticks...

"My impression from this morning's session is that Sturgeon is being accused of being too quick and too slow, intervened too much and too little, was indifferent but also overzealous, and tried to hush the story up, as well as leaked stories about it.

Does this roughly cover it?"

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33410 on: March 04, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »

That Meghan seems like a bit of a cowbag.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33411 on: March 04, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Stephen King

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33412 on: March 04, 2021, 10:17:16 AM »

I don't really follow the Royals, but from what I see.  I haven't seen either recent interview.

Meghan was a breath of fresh air when she joined the Royal Family.

Meghan was clearly given a shit time by some parts of the press, and seemed to be treated very differently to Kate.  Some of it could be construed as pretty racist from where I sat.  As an example of this, here was a time where Piers Morgan used to write something awful about her daily in that shitrag he writes for.  There has barely ever been any negative stories about Kate and she has a much better ratio of positive to negative stories. And that shitrag Morgan writes for has also been forced to pay Meghan a large sum for some more shitty behaviour on a private letter they should never have published.  Prince Andrew has likely had less bad stories written about him than Meghan has in the last couple of years.

Harry has clearly disliked the press from long before she showed up, so it is downright weird people pin his dislike on her.  I don't think it was much of a surprise they decided to jack it in and move on.

I don't really know enough to tell who is briefing against who right now, but that timing of the Meghan is a bully story seems beyond a coincidence.  At least she is speaking in public.

I don't really like the Royal Family, and think it should probably go.  Despite this I like all of Meghan, Kate, William and Harry.  I struggled a bit with Diana.  I may change my mind if I see the Meghan interviews.  I think it would have been better to not drag it all up again, but if they felt they were still getting unfairly treated, can understand it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33413 on: March 04, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »

Kate though...

Click to see full-size image.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #33414 on: March 04, 2021, 01:00:53 PM »

Kate though...

Click to see full-size image.

Hubba

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33415 on: March 04, 2021, 01:03:21 PM »

Hubba

I rest my case.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33416 on: March 05, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »

Sky Broadband sent me an email and an SMS message to tell me that they have sent me a message to my Sky account, which I have to log into to read the message.

It' over a year since I logged into my Sky account so I had to complete a 'forgot password' form and re set my password.

The message read 'Could you please contact us on the number below'.

I'm currently waiting to talk to Sky but they are 'Extremely busy and could I please try to resolve my problem online'.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #33417 on: March 05, 2021, 07:36:58 PM »

She’s an alpha female - knows what she wants and now she’s got it ,publicity for life
Has she actually done anything wrong ?
Other than seem a bit bossy ?
Harry hates the press ?
Why ?I can’t imagine,I thought he came over very well on the james corden interview
 They hounded his mother ,wrote reams about her affair with james Hewitt ,yet Charles and camilla got off quite lightly ,even more so since Diana died
He’s ginger, a bastard- I’m guessing the palace have discreetly checked his parentage out ? Married a darkie ,has a boss eyed son ,will always be number two as in Williams shadow ,there’s a long list that the press have done to him .

Prince Andrew now he really is less use than dogshit ,personally I’d like to see him in orange overalls in jail like like Ghislaine maxwell for his abuse of young women ,a totally disgusting asshole
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33418 on: March 05, 2021, 07:58:19 PM »

You don't have to sugar coat it on here Tony, just say what you mean.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33419 on: March 06, 2021, 02:30:34 PM »

Offering nursing staff 1% is surely a miss-step by the Gov The voters won't like it, especially since Dominic Cummings got an extra 40%.

5% would seem like the minimum IMO.

Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 2226 2227 [2228] 2229 2230 2231 2232 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: