blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272923 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2233 2234 2235 2236 [2237] 2238 2239 2240 2241 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3649644 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33540 on: March 12, 2021, 10:27:19 PM »

"Human remains" have now become a body identified as Sarah Everard.

Suspect now charged with kidnap & murder. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #33541 on: March 13, 2021, 08:06:58 AM »

I haven't been following this but mentions of this case are everywhere I read.

Is there a reason why a case like this gets such huge coverage. I don't object as I think the level of violence from men to women, and the lack of convictions, is a massive blight on society. Many women are murdered by men every year and apart from an honourable nod to women's groups and some politicians (eg Jess Phillips) the story of this is largely ignored.

I wonder why some cases catch a wave and others are just statistics.

It pains me to admit I laid in bed last night thinking of nirvana - or more correctly his question - but I did.

And the answer to his question - I think - is that inside most of us there is a Miss Marple, a Colombo, a Poirot or whoever.

And what we like is plenty of unusual twists & turns to keep us guessing before the final reveal.

No desire at all to make light of this tragic death, but the truth is, many of us are intrigued by the unusual facts in this one.

Woman seen walking home but never arrives.

Search begins 60 miles away. Why 60 miles away, what did they know? Must have known something.   It’s a lot down to number plate recognition

Block of flats cordoned off, tent erected in garden. Those police tents are always a vehicle for speculation. Dead body inside, or is it a little cafeteria for the coppers?

Bloke arrested, charged with Kidnap & murder. Kidnap & murder is so tragic, but let’s be honest, always makes an enthralling read.

It’s revealed that the bloke is a serving copper, & not a junior one either. Ooh.

“Human remains” found – note the terminology. 3 days later body still not able to be identified. Ugh.

Charge of kidnap dropped.

Charge of indecent exposure added. What? How does that fit the narrative? Crack out the popcorn.

Suspect found with head injuries in cell. How?   Wait till “ if” he’s found guilty  proper cons really don’t like two things ,nonces and coppers ,his jail time could be very unpleasant

It becomes known that the indecent exposure incident was 3 days BEFORE the woman disappeared. Oh dear…. Send for the PCC.

A vigil for the deceased is planned but the police ban it under Lockdown rules.

Terrible these crimes against women that are just accepted as part of modern life
What makes someone do that ?
What were the victims last thoughts / visions just before death ?
It doesn’t bear thinking about

One of my life wishes is ten minutes with a Stanley knife in a room with Ian Huntley for his crimes
I’d probably agree to him having the knife
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33542 on: March 13, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »

Sarah Everard: 33-year-old's body found in large bag and identified by dental records, court hears

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-everard-police-officer-wayne-couzens-appears-in-court-charged-with-kidnap-and-murder-12244460

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33543 on: March 13, 2021, 10:31:18 PM »

Help!

Sunday. Big golf and footy clash.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33544 on: March 13, 2021, 10:36:55 PM »

Help!

Sunday. Big golf and footy clash.

Gotta be the golf for me. Been a superb watch so far, with so many changes of the lead. Must have been 3 or 4 different leaders today.

Really enjoying it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33545 on: March 13, 2021, 10:44:21 PM »

Me too, I've been riveted to it.

Sawgrass is such an exciting course, I've played it hundreds of times on Sega Master System.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33546 on: March 13, 2021, 10:59:15 PM »

What a visually stunning hole 17 is, especially when you see it from the drone.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33547 on: March 13, 2021, 11:03:01 PM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33548 on: March 13, 2021, 11:06:01 PM »

How good is sports coverage on TV these days? You see every smile and grimace, every blade of grass.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33549 on: March 13, 2021, 11:12:27 PM »

How good is sports coverage on TV these days? You see every smile and grimace, every blade of grass.

We are blessed. The commentary lets it down quite often, but the visuals are 10/10.

Someone hit a ball into the water yesterday right by a beautiful grey heron who was perched on the bank. The heron seemed to just look at the ball disdainfully as it plopped in the water.

Seen lots of cormorants too, plus an eagle. (Bird eagle, not golf eagle).

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33550 on: March 13, 2021, 11:28:52 PM »

what an amazing two weeks for Westwood at 47 this would be.   Sports coverage nowadays is just amazing compared to 30 years ago.  You can watch most stuff globally for free on your phone from betting sites.  Never had it so good.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33551 on: March 13, 2021, 11:34:15 PM »

what an amazing two weeks for Westwood at 47 this would be.   Sports coverage nowadays is just amazing compared to 30 years ago.  You can watch most stuff globally for free on your phone from betting sites.  Never had it so good.

All down to his caddy apparently 

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33552 on: March 13, 2021, 11:36:15 PM »

https://www.sportinglife.com/greyhounds/news/golfer-cheering-on-from-the-west/189590

I thought it was down to his recent greyhound purchase! He does love a serious bet.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33553 on: March 13, 2021, 11:43:44 PM »

When he was a kid he used to play a bit of snooker in my club in Worksop. I didn't really notice him but my mates tell me he was already a bit of a degen.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33554 on: March 13, 2021, 11:50:55 PM »

When he was a kid he used to play a bit of snooker in my club in Worksop. I didn't really notice him but my mates tell me he was already a bit of a degen.

Stacks up he copped a proper mug multiple bet on the horses last year for chunks and tweeted the online bet slip.   Just to prove how big a mug he is punting wise.  albeit the stakes and winnings were tiny relative to his wealth.   Its more the ability to get a bet on for those amounts which should tell you that you are a mug

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/lee-westwood-wins-big-at-cheltenham-175194

tikay loves bet's like this!
Pages: 1 ... 2233 2234 2235 2236 [2237] 2238 2239 2240 2241 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: