blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:49:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2235 2236 2237 2238 [2239] 2240 2241 2242 2243 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608033 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #33570 on: March 15, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »

I also wonder why the police were so confrontational?
Why not stand back n let the meeting go on ?
There’s obv no reasoning with any type of gathering of that size - much less a group of pre menstrual birds 😂 - joke !
But they’re hardly likely to go on the rampage ?are they ?
It does seem like throwing petrol on a fire to try and put it out ?
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33571 on: March 15, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »

What did Marvin hagler  die from ?
I wonder how Vito antofermo is after being punched like that ? Dementia/ Brain damage wise ?
Does anyone Know ?
Great video Rod thanks

Family saying natural causes. Anti-Vaxers trying to hi-jack it as from Covid 19 vaccine, not helped by Tommy Hearns tweeting that he was in ICU with after-effects of the vaccine not long before news of his death broke.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33572 on: March 15, 2021, 01:19:31 PM »

You can't legislate away the risk of women being accosted, raped, murdered etc while walking alone at night. They are a vulnerable group, they can't take back the streets.

I wouldn't let my kids walk out alone at night, or my Mrs either. Hell, I don't do it myself if I can avoid it.

Lets focus our efforts where we have a chance of doing some good, like more funding for women's refuges and easier reporting for women who suffer domestic violence, which is a far far bigger problem.

IMO of course.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33573 on: March 15, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »

Chauvin Trial.

Big ramifications re the 27 milly settlement.

Chauvin might turn out to be the only ever murderer to get off for being too guilty.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33574 on: March 15, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »

You can't legislate away the risk of women being accosted, raped, murdered etc while walking alone at night. They are a vulnerable group, they can't take back the streets.

I wouldn't let my kids walk out alone at night, or my Mrs either. Hell, I don't do it myself if I can avoid it.

Lets focus our efforts where we have a chance of doing some good, like more funding for women's refuges and easier reporting for women who suffer domestic violence, which is a far far bigger problem.

IMO of course.

I saw someone, maybe tongue in cheek, suggested that men should have to walk round in groups at night, that way there is always someone there to stop them behaving like arseholes.

I don't think you can do much in places like London, as there clearly isn't the space for everyone to have a car.  Though there are a lot of buses, am not sure you'd want to get on a crowded one right now and they don't always go where you want (the tubes don't work well South of the River).  FWIW I am not sure a fairly empty tube late at night is a safe place either.  And there are plenty just get harrassed and sexually assaulted in daylight too.

I don't think many would be happy walking through Tulse Hill at night, though Brixton is getting gentrified, I'd still be pretty wary walking round there too.  The accused came from somewhere out of town though, so it wasn't really an area thing this time, and given she was wearing a coat and bobble hat, so whatever some people say about clothing just isn't relevant. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #33575 on: March 15, 2021, 04:27:09 PM »

I’m with Rod I don’t go out at night unless I’m working obv
Close by is an extendable wheel brace a Stanley knife and a long thin screwdriver
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33576 on: March 15, 2021, 05:28:55 PM »

I’m with Rod I don’t go out at night unless I’m working obv
Close by is an extendable wheel brace a Stanley knife and a long thin screwdriver

With Red Wink. I've never been bothered much about going out at night, spent years living in Glasgow and walked through the city at all hours. Likewise Liverpool when I worked there & Hamburg & Amsterdam when I would visit. Only time I've been a bit concerned was London when I travelled in from Reading to watch a Celtic game at a pub there & found the walk back to the station after had me a bit on edge.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33577 on: March 15, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »

Judge: Can you be impartial?

Potential juror: No. I'm supposed to be anonymous but you let a police officer check my id in a case against the police. I'm sick to my stomach.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #33578 on: March 15, 2021, 11:24:27 PM »

How do they pick up the player's conversation so well?

There's a little group of TV peeps right behind them, with sensitive microphones. I'd rather listen to the payers than some of the studio commentary. Radar & Rich Beem excepted.

Sky's commentary is awful. Literally all they do is blow smoke up the arse of whatever European golfer is playing poorly. Often McIlroy, but Westwood been another one. Apparently he always drives well off the tee. Not on Sundays it would appear.

On a side note, America must be favs for the ryder cup. European's buckle under pressure, especially on American soil
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33579 on: March 16, 2021, 12:22:33 PM »

Chauvin murder trial, Court TV today from 1pm our time.

Before jury selection continues I think they will be arguing about the impartiality of the jurors in the light of the 27 million pound settlement in the civil case.

Usually the civil case doesn't get tried until the criminal case is over so a huge "We surrender" settlement from Minneapolis City Council pre trial is bound to throw a spanner in the works.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33580 on: March 16, 2021, 12:24:57 PM »

Before jury selection continues I think they will be arguing about the impartiality of the jurors in the light of the 27 million pound settlement in the civil case.

Usually the civil case doesn't get tried until the criminal case is over so a huge "We surrender" settlement from Minneapolis City Council pre trial is bound to throw a spanner in the works.

Almost impossible to have a fair trial under those circumstances, surely?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33581 on: March 16, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »

Almost impossible to have a fair trial under those circumstances, surely?

I know, so what happens?

Mind you, it's only "unfair" because everyone has seen what he did.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33582 on: March 16, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »

The law is an ass, but the interpretation of it is endlessly fascinating.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33583 on: March 17, 2021, 02:08:26 PM »

Chauvin trial.

In light of the 20 mil settlement the judge re-examines the impartiality of the 9 jurors already selected.

2 dismissed already, Back down to 7, not done yet.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33584 on: March 17, 2021, 02:22:54 PM »

Chauvin trial.

In light of the 20 mil settlement the judge re-examines the impartiality of the 9 jurors already selected.

2 dismissed already, Back down to 7, not done yet.

Ha, this could take until April just to get a Jury.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2235 2236 2237 2238 [2239] 2240 2241 2242 2243 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: