blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:01:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685 1686 1687 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600049 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25230 on: August 20, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »

I want to do an adventure ride with camping equipment, maybe to Italy or something.

If anyone fancies coming along, get yourself a Honda C90. There's plenty around for £300 - £700.   

Oooh  that sounds right up my street.

Might have to start looking for a cheap one.

If you're making the breakfasts booder I want in. Although I'm looking to buy a 125 till the spring & hoping to be on something bigger by the summer it'd be like mummy duck & the ducklings Cheesy

Have been seriously thinking of getting another bike for a while so Tom might have given me a bit of a push start.
As always funds are tight , but would love to be able to potter about on a c90 with a couple of mates on foreign shores.

Would make the brekkie for sure Rod but i am sure Toms experience of cooking outdoors would ensure a better breakfast would be provided by him.

Shame Laz is not with us anymore , it would be priceless seeing him on a moped.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25231 on: August 20, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »

I want to do an adventure ride with camping equipment, maybe to Italy or something.

If anyone fancies coming along, get yourself a Honda C90. There's plenty around for £300 - £700.   

Oooh  that sounds right up my street.

If you're making the breakfasts booder I want in. Although I'm looking to buy a 125 till the spring & hoping to be on something bigger by the summer it'd be like mummy duck & the ducklings Cheesy

Have been seriously thinking of getting another bike for a while so Tom might have given me a bit of a push start.
As always funds are tight , but would love to be able to potter about on a c90 with a couple of mates on foreign shores.

Would make the brekkie for sure Rod but i am sure Toms experience of cooking outdoors would ensure a better breakfast would be provided by him.

You're still the breakfast king Booder!!

CBT tomorrow for me then a 125. Direct Access Apr/May next year if all goes well.

Can just imagine Big Laz, cigar in mouth on a poor wee moped Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #25232 on: August 20, 2014, 10:49:08 PM »

Yo, disappointed to see you've lost your 'Yo' sig. Thought that was ur best one yet!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25233 on: August 21, 2014, 07:51:15 AM »

Yo, disappointed to see you've lost your 'Yo' sig. Thought that was ur best one yet!

Lol. I might quote that as my next sig.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25234 on: August 23, 2014, 08:38:05 PM »

Another entry for my occasional 'THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD' series.

next year your vacuum cleaner has be under 1600 watts, this is to to save energy. Fine, but if you use an 800 watt one, it takes twice as long.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25235 on: August 23, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

next year your vacuum cleaner has be under 1600 watts, this is to to save energy. Fine, but if you use an 800 watt one, it takes twice as long.

Dysons aren't affected by this rule, interestingly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #25236 on: August 23, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »

Does it?

The power used by a motor doesn't have a direct relationship with the output of the machine that houses it.

When new motor cyclists were forced into using <50cc machines back in the seventies the manufacturers produced bikes which generated more power from a smaller engine. I daresay that the vacuum cleaning world will do likewise if they haven't already done so.

PS the actual change, imposed by the EU, is that from September vacuum cleaners must be less than 1600 watts, and this reduces to 900 in 2017. On this basis I am with you in disliking the regulations since I am against pretty much all EU imposed regulations on principle.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25237 on: August 24, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »

Oooh  that sounds right up my street.

CBT tomorrow for me then a 125. Direct Access Apr/May next year if all goes well.

How did you go on with your CBT Rod? I go for mine on Wednesday.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25238 on: August 24, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »

Modified some bicycle panniers and fitted them today.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25239 on: August 24, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »

Bought two second hand helmets. A modern one for a score and a cool retro one for forty quid.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25240 on: August 24, 2014, 08:53:53 PM »

Didn't complete it, first time on a motorbike, every time I felt I was getting to grips with something there was something else chucked in. Did not feel ready for the road ride section. So I was due another couple of hours practice Thursday - turned up to an instructor locked out of the office - no practice.... so I'm back again Friday afternoon. I'll get there but I want to get it right.

I'm sure you'll sail through though. You have ridden bikes befoer I'm sure.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25241 on: August 25, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »

Didn't complete it, first time on a motorbike, every time I felt I was getting to grips with something there was something else chucked in. Did not feel ready for the road ride section. So I was due another couple of hours practice Thursday - turned up to an instructor locked out of the office - no practice.... so I'm back again Friday afternoon. I'll get there but I want to get it right.

I'm sure you'll sail through though. You have ridden bikes befoer I'm sure.

Hi Rod.

It's much better to progress slowly and feel confident imo. What does a few days matter when your life is at stake?

I have no idea how I'll get on. It's like, 30 years since I rode a motorcycle on the road.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25242 on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »

Hi Rod.

It's much better to progress slowly and feel confident imo. What does a few days matter when your life is at stake?

I have no idea how I'll get on. It's like, 30 years since I rode a motorcycle on the road.

Yes Rod , theres no rush , wait until you feel confident.

You will be ok Tom , it's just like , well , riding a bike.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25243 on: August 25, 2014, 11:09:07 AM »

Hi Rod.

Do you have a full licence Boo?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25244 on: August 25, 2014, 11:13:48 AM »

Hi Rod.

Do you have a full licence Boo?

Yes Sir.Had it for about 30 years.

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 1679 1680 1681 1682 [1683] 1684 1685 1686 1687 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: