blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 12:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 1702 1703 [1704] 1705 1706 1707 1708 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3598826 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25545 on: September 30, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »

ok gotcha

cut off old broom handle then

Good Man.

Remember, baby steps Rich. Always quit when you're ahead, don't let the dog get fed up.

With dog training, you can stand still, creep forward or take massive leaps backwards.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25546 on: September 30, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »

The Honda Cub business could have legs. I could have shifted a dozen of them. The second bloke who rang offered to give me £150 more than I'd advertised it for. Unfortunately, I'd already verbally shaken hands down the telephone withe the first bloke.

If you can pick them up cheap there is definately money to be made on them as they sell for really good prices.

Now you are an experienced Cub mechanic you should be able to turn them round quickly.

I've just done some quick calculations and I've worked out that I earned something in the region of 63p for every hour I spent working on that bike.

It costs about £1.75 per hour in tea and sandwiches to keep me going, so unfortunately, the motorcycle sales & repair business is not the answer to my financial problems.

Ah , but the more often you do maintenance , your speed will increase, therefore your hourly rate will increase.

Also selling the bikes for what they are worth is a good idea.    Grin

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25547 on: September 30, 2014, 11:51:25 AM »

The Honda Cub business could have legs. I could have shifted a dozen of them. The second bloke who rang offered to give me £150 more than I'd advertised it for. Unfortunately, I'd already verbally shaken hands down the telephone withe the first bloke.

If you can pick them up cheap there is definately money to be made on them as they sell for really good prices.

Now you are an experienced Cub mechanic you should be able to turn them round quickly.

I've just done some quick calculations and I've worked out that I earned something in the region of 63p for every hour I spent working on that bike.

It costs about £1.75 per hour in tea and sandwiches to keep me going, so unfortunately, the motorcycle sales & repair business is not the answer to my financial problems.

Ah , but the more often you do maintenance , your speed will increase, therefore your hourly rate will increase.

Also selling the bikes for what they are worth is a good idea.    Grin

I'm such a soft touch.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25548 on: September 30, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »

I'm waiting for someone sophisticated to tell me about the see through bathrooms.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25549 on: September 30, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »

I'm waiting for someone sophisticated to tell me about the see through bathrooms.

I'm here when you need me Tom.

In The Rio Hotel in Vegas, the Suites all have a little "porthole" from the Bedroom into the Bathroom. I've often wondered what they were thinking when they designed that little window.

From time to time, I've room shared there with a lady friend, & I feel sort of embarrassed at the notion that they may not be able to supress the urge to peek at me mid-ablution. Ablutions, to us Brits, are very private. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #25550 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »

Hi Tom. Sitting in the conservatory we quite often get birds flying in to the windows, usually the pigeons. Today there was an almighty bang and a bird dropped to the floor and did not fly off. On further inspection we saw this spectacle. These pics were taken from my office at the side of the conservatory.

Click to see full-size image.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25551 on: September 30, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

Great pics - hope the pigeon was knocked out/killed by the impact before Mrs Sparrowhawk got it!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #25552 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »

Great pics - hope the pigeon was knocked out/killed by the impact before Mrs Sparrowhawk got it!!

Unfortunately not Rod. However I think it was pretty much out of it as there was very little struggle. How did you determine it was Mrs. Sparrowhawk ?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25553 on: September 30, 2014, 06:56:40 PM »

Fabulous Pictures Kev. Especially this one where she's looking straight at you.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25554 on: September 30, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »

Unfortunately not Rod. However I think it was pretty much out of it as there was very little struggle. How did you determine it was Mrs. Sparrowhawk ?
The male has a more orange barred breast. I'm not 100% - but given the size compared with the pigeon I'm fairly confident.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #25555 on: October 01, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »

Defo female Sparrowhawk you can tell by the piercing yellow eye

They take their prey and start plucking and devouring them whilst still alive, if you look in Kevs last picture you can see the pigeon is still alive, eyes wide open and very slow death.

Myself and sparrowhawks dont mix frightfully well
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25556 on: October 01, 2014, 05:32:56 PM »

They take their prey and start plucking and devouring them whilst still alive, if you look in Kevs last picture you can see the pigeon is still alive, eyes wide open and very slow death.

Trev! You silly bleeder.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25557 on: October 01, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »

My older readers might appreciate these pics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-29410300

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #25558 on: October 01, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »

Trev! You silly bleeder.

Very kind of you Tom

I was expecting worse!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25559 on: October 01, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »

Listen to this. Let me know what you think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04jj113

I hope the lack of comment is because no one listened rather than because no one liked it.

Pages: 1 ... 1700 1701 1702 1703 [1704] 1705 1706 1707 1708 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: