blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587689 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31245 on: September 18, 2019, 08:12:48 PM »

Just my phone - don't even know where my camera is anymore, if I needed better than the phone I'd get the drone out.

What phone is it? (Don't say iPhone)

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31246 on: September 18, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »

Mrs Red has gorn out and left me to my own devices.

"How?" I wonder, as I re-heat my bubble and squeak a-la-can't-be-arsed, "How, and more importantly why does the turntable in the microwave reverse direction every time I stop and re-start it?"

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31247 on: September 18, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »

Just my phone - don't even know where my camera is anymore, if I needed better than the phone I'd get the drone out.

Blackview IP-68 - took a gamble with an obscure import & quite happy with it. Wouldn't have an i-phone. I have an i-pad because it works best with some drone software I was using but am not an apple fan.

RE microwave -  I noticed that with the old dear's new one & googled it. Quite clever... https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/science/why-does-my-microwaves-turntable-switch-directions.html

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31248 on: September 18, 2019, 10:16:32 PM »

Blackview IP-68 - took a gamble with an obscure import & quite happy with it. Wouldn't have an i-phone. I have an i-pad because it works best with some drone software I was using but am not an apple fan.

RE microwave -  I noticed that with the old dear's new one & googled it. Quite clever... https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/science/why-does-my-microwaves-turntable-switch-directions.html

Ah, It makes perfect sense now. What an elegant solution. I would never have thunk of it though.

After a full stop, the drive mechanism is usually pressed against the load in the direction of the last rotation. When the motor encounters the load, it reverses itself and gets a small running start (with no load for a small fraction of time) to pick up speed before engaging the load again.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31249 on: September 18, 2019, 10:25:53 PM »

Blackview IP-68 - took a gamble with an obscure import & quite happy with it.

Never heard of it but the reviews are good.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #31250 on: September 19, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »

Great pics of the trucks. Smart old TK ,banged my head on a few of their little engine hatches in my time Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31251 on: September 20, 2019, 12:47:00 AM »

"How?" I wonder, as I re-heat my bubble and squeak a-la-can't-be-arsed, "How, and more importantly why does the turntable in the microwave reverse direction every time I stop and re-start it?"

It’s a European roulette wheel reverse spinning microwave Tom .
We are currently In Vegas for a few nights and their roulette wheels keep going the same direction ? Why ?

We also go to the coast - Hunstanton either a Tuesday or Wednesday to walk the dog have fish n Chips call at Tesco n buy random stuff
There’s always that I can see the sea comment too

We did our visit Walmart whilst in USA this morning at 7 am tikay and bought various random items - we do it every trip .
I haven’t been on here for a while so it’s great to catch up
What’s the sloe gin formula ?
Mine was berries from as remote as possible washed dried and pricked with a cluster of cocktail sticks one pound of sloes with 12 ounces of sugar in a jar for 6? Weeks add the gin or vodka ,then strain through muslin
Is that similar ?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31252 on: September 20, 2019, 07:19:24 AM »

We are currently In Vegas for a few nights and their roulette wheels keep going the same direction ? Why ?

We also go to the coast - Hunstanton either a Tuesday or Wednesday to walk the dog have fish n Chips call at Tesco n buy random stuff

We did our visit Walmart whilst in USA this morning at 7 am tikay and bought various random items - we do it every trip .
Mine was berries from as remote as possible washed dried and pricked with a cluster of cocktail sticks one pound of sloes with 12 ounces of sugar in a jar for 6? Weeks add the gin or vodka ,then strain through muslin
Is that similar ?

I can't imagine visiting the USA & not popping into Walmart a few times, it's a great tourist attraction. "Extras Large" food packs in England are just "Medium" over there, & the supermarket shopping trolleys are ridic big.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31253 on: September 20, 2019, 08:40:43 AM »

Is that similar ?

Hello Mr tats, (we used to call the rags we collected tats) it's great to see you on here,. Your 'been around the block several times in both directions' life experience and your easy writing style is just what my diary needs.

I remember when roulette wheels over here used to spin one way and I remember a bloke called Trevor Thompson who used to watch them for 5000 spins and then produce a graph of the best performing numbers before he would have a bet.

He always maintained that they started reversing the spin to foil his system.

Sloe gin recipe sounds similar assuming you add the gin and the sugar at the same time.

A friend of ours asked if we had a muslim to strain her gin through. Mrs Red said "If that doesn't radicalise him nothing will."

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31254 on: September 20, 2019, 09:14:00 AM »

Is that similar ?

Hello Mr tats, (we used to call the rags we collected tats) it's great to see you on here,. Your 'been around the block several times in both directions' life experience and your easy writing style is just what my diary needs.

I remember when roulette wheels over here used to spin one way and I remember a bloke called Trevor Thompson who used to watch them for 5000 spins and then produce a graph of the best performing numbers before he would have a bet.

Sloe gin recipe sounds similar assuming you add the gin and the sugar at the same time.

A friend of ours asked if we had a muslim to strain her gin through. Mrs Red said "If that doesn't radicalise him nothing will."

Re Sloe gin/vodka I'm also of the add the alcohol & sugar at the same time school, an old fella told me a quick way to burst the skin and save pricking every sloe was to freeze them overnight, I did it that way from then on. I also added a vanilla pod to my sloe vodka, just helped give it a smoother flavour.

Strain through an old fashioned jelly bag.
 Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:16:04 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #31255 on: September 20, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »

Is that similar ?

I don't know if Red does, but I add a few drops of natural almond essence to help smooth it out

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31256 on: September 20, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »

No, but I'll try (almost) anything once.

MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #31257 on: September 20, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do try Erics if you have not done so far....

http://www.ericsfishandchips.com/
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31258 on: September 20, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »

[/quote]

Do try Erics if you have not done so far....

http://www.ericsfishandchips.com/

[/quote]

Went to Norfolk for the day Sunday

Parked at Holkham, walked along beach to Wells then back through the woods

Had Sunday Lunch at "The Duck at Stanhoe". Quality meal that was
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31259 on: September 20, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »

Blimey! We're all at it.

Pages: 1 ... 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: