blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 12:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2216 2217 2218 2219 [2220] 2221 2222 2223 2224 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3598817 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33285 on: February 22, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »

Spot the common theme, & for a bonus point, name the two locations.

PS - Those with keen eyes will note a TV tuned to Ceefax.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33286 on: February 22, 2021, 10:38:55 AM »

Sigh....

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33287 on: February 22, 2021, 10:46:09 AM »

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I already hate anything that makes your clean clothes smell scenty, this silly mare just tips me over the edge.

Hi Tom

Spotted this elsewhere but thought your own thread was the best place to respond.

Ever tried an Eco Egg?

Doesn't leave any smell on your clothes and also stops your washing machine filling with gunge. Strangest thing about it is it actually works..... I've been using them for 4 years now, even cleans dog blankets.

We had the Eco Eggs for a couple of months, but I wasn't convinced.  They kind of worked, but some things smelled a bit.   The kids were younger at the time, and our washing machine was old, so maybe we'll give them another go. 

Do you use stain removers and anything to clean your machine every so often?

I do dislike all the stinky stuff too, but luckily my missus isn't a fan either, so we do ok.  My pet hate is liquid handwash.  We have the stuff everywhere apart from one bar of simple soap in the en-suite.  Handwash seems to be just an overpriced bunch of unnecessary chemicals put together to look and smell "nice".  Half of them seem to have something in them that makes my hands itch, particularly the "anti-bacterial" ones that she insists on.

I have watched the kids use it, and they pretty much put it on and wash it off in a couple of seconds.  My missus thinks squirting the bottle is more hygenic than using soap that has sat around, but I can't be arsed arguing about it, as she is the most stubborn person on Earth bar nobody.  She isn't ever changing her mind with the Covid around. 

Doobs, you are my man!

I did a rant about liquid hand wash/shower a while ago. When I'm in the shower most of the squirty stuff just slides off me and fucks off down the plug hole whereas a block of soap can be targeted under my arms and into the crack of my arse.

If anyone needs proof I am willing to demonstrate.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #33288 on: February 22, 2021, 11:00:44 AM »

Does anyone have hands-on experience of cordless hair and beard trimmers please?

Making decisions based on on-line reviews is becoming less useful because so many companies pay for good reviews.

It also pisses me off when the article starts with headlines like, "The 25 best hair & beard trimmers"

How the feck can you have 25 best ones?

I had a similar problem recently.

I was looking for a coffee grinder - my conclusion was any online review site that starts like "The 25 best -product type-" actually means "Here are 25 products I can give you an affiliate link to and earn money if you buy something"

Luckily for what I was looking for there are dedicated coffee nerds to be a bit more impartial - maybe a barber/hairdresser forum might help with yours?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33289 on: February 22, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »

Does anyone have hands-on experience of cordless hair and beard trimmers please?

Making decisions based on on-line reviews is becoming less useful because so many companies pay for good reviews.

It also pisses me off when the article starts with headlines like, "The 25 best hair & beard trimmers"

I was looking for a coffee grinder - my conclusion was any online review site that starts like "The 25 best -product type-" actually means "Here are 25 products I can give you an affiliate link to and earn money if you buy something"

Luckily for what I was looking for there are dedicated coffee nerds to be a bit more impartial - maybe a barber/hairdresser forum might help with yours?

My problem is I want to buy a combined beard and hair trimmer, (I'm going thin on top now so just shave my head to stubble) Dedicated combination ones do exist but Google searches default to beard Or hair clippers.

Also, for my purpose I think I can just get a beard trimmer and use it on my head too but I'm not sure.

If I search the grooming nerds they advise me to get about a dozen pieces of 'essential' equipment to use during my two hour morning grooming routine.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33290 on: February 22, 2021, 11:21:51 AM »

Or you get this.

Kill me now....

https://youtu.be/vw0Y88qgWC0

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33291 on: February 22, 2021, 12:44:30 PM »

My problem is I want to buy a combined beard and hair trimmer, (I'm going thin on top now so just shave my head to stubble) Dedicated combination ones do exist but Google searches default to beard Or hair clippers.

Also, for my purpose I think I can just get a beard trimmer and use it on my head too but I'm not sure.

If I search the grooming nerds they advise me to get about a dozen pieces of 'essential' equipment to use during my two hour morning grooming routine.

I use this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071X89732/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for taking the hair into the wood & beard trimming.

There was a thread on a football forum I frequent & GHB got best marks as maker & ceramic blades were considered essential.

Bonus with that one is it has a spare battery you can keep charged, so not get caught mid-depilation.

The one I linked is unavailable right now, but I found the same one on Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GHB-Hair-Clipper-Rechargeable-Hair-Trimmer-Electric-Cordless-Haircut-Kit-Ceramic/274615942694?hash=item3ff062be26:g:jkYAAOSwCyZf2zDO

Or, even better, the same one rebadged for dogs.... so cheaper. https://www.amazon.co.uk/GHB-Electric-Cordless-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B08J43JDQJ/ref=asc_df_B08J43JDQJ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463094343061&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9772827427020515848&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046911&hvtargid=pla-1029739134687&psc=1 I'd have bought this and saved a few quid if I'd noticed.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33292 on: February 22, 2021, 02:09:31 PM »

That's excellent Rod, thank you.

At that price what's the worst that can happen?

Also, the idea of using the dog version tickles me.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33293 on: February 22, 2021, 03:00:28 PM »

OK. I'm using a special filter to see what I would look like with cropped hair and a beard.

Click to see full-size image.

Help!

I don't like it and now I can't get the filter off.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33294 on: February 22, 2021, 04:17:27 PM »

I've ordered the dog-clippers Rod. It just seemed like destiny.

Thanks again.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33295 on: February 22, 2021, 07:00:42 PM »

I've ordered the dog-clippers Rod. It just seemed like destiny.

Thanks again.

I did laugh when I saw them & thought you'd like that Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33296 on: February 22, 2021, 07:09:51 PM »

OK. I'm using a special filter to see what I would look like with cropped hair and a beard.

Help!

I have just gone for an identical look red dog.  7 weeks until the barbers are open is too long to wait.   Should be semi back to normal length by then.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33297 on: February 22, 2021, 07:16:06 PM »

Help!

I have just gone for an identical look red dog.  7 weeks until the barbers are open is too long to wait.   Should be semi back to normal length by then.

Me too apart from from the Evilpie hairdo.

What do you think about this little pooch..

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1363877070007328770

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33298 on: February 22, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »

What do you think about this little pooch..

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1363877070007328770

Malinois are very intelligent and superb athletes Ralph, but that's an incredible leap all the same.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #33299 on: February 22, 2021, 07:32:04 PM »

I like the 'evilpie' look now and again i have done it several times in the past.   Is this your first time with it all off upstairs?  It's a nice option to have at our age when many blokes have no option.   How's the diet going?  finished now or carrying on til lockdown is over?

As for the pooch god he can jump out of the gym to use a basketball phrase.  Given he is relatively heavy i find that video hard to beleive it's true and not doctored.   
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:34:02 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2216 2217 2218 2219 [2220] 2221 2222 2223 2224 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: