blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2257 2258 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 2264 2265 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3605853 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33900 on: June 25, 2021, 09:11:33 PM »

Live on Court TV now, the sentencing of Derek Chauvin.

Happy to wait for the bottom line here.

What's the over/under ~6.5yrs.?

With the benefit of hindsight, (& only with that benefit) the Overs have it by a distance.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33901 on: June 25, 2021, 09:26:15 PM »

With the benefit of hindsight, (& only with that benefit) the Overs have it by a distance.

Indeed they do.

I wonder what the final term will be after the appeal process has dragged on for a few more years.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33902 on: June 25, 2021, 09:28:38 PM »

Indeed they do.

I wonder what the final term will be after the appeal process has dragged on for a few more years.

Chauvin certainly hinted at it;

"Due to some additional legal matters at hand, I’m not able to give a full formal statement at this time," Derek Chauvin says, speaking to the court for the first time.

"Very briefly though, I do want to give my condolences to the Floyd family.

"There's going to be some other information in the future that would be of interest - and I hope things will give you some peace of mind - thank you," he concludes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33903 on: June 26, 2021, 09:09:05 AM »

The consensus seems to be that his sentence is likely to be increased.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33904 on: July 14, 2021, 12:04:32 PM »

The Hubble telescope was fixed on an empty part of space for ten days.

Every blip in this photo is a galaxy not a star - try to get your head around that!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33905 on: July 14, 2021, 01:52:59 PM »

Every blip in this photo is a galaxy not a star - try to get your head around that!

"empty" part of space?

I am used to dealing with big numbers through work, but struggle to get my head around many things about space.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33906 on: July 14, 2021, 02:11:26 PM »

"empty" part of space?

I am used to dealing with big numbers through work, but struggle to get my head around many things about space.

Assume they meant a seemingly empty part of space before unleashing Hubble's telescopic powers.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #33907 on: July 15, 2021, 12:42:26 AM »

"empty" part of space?

Assume they meant a seemingly empty part of space before unleashing Hubble's telescopic powers.

Yes!

Here is a link to one of the articles written in 2015, there are a few you can Google, this is from The National Geographic.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/when-hubble-stared-at-nothing-for-100-hours

There are some good articles out there on Hubble finding the oldest known Galaxies too, but if/when the Webb telescope gets up and running without a hitch, the knowledge that we have now will all change.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:48:53 AM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33908 on: July 15, 2021, 10:28:06 AM »

"empty" part of space?

Yes!

Here is a link to one of the articles written in 2015, there are a few you can Google, this is from The National Geographic.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/when-hubble-stared-at-nothing-for-100-hours

There are some good articles out there on Hubble finding the oldest known Galaxies too, but if/when the Webb telescope gets up and running without a hitch, the knowledge that we have now will all change.

Enjoyed reading that.

Thank you.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33909 on: July 15, 2021, 01:44:16 PM »

"empty" part of space?

Yes!

Enjoyed reading that.

Thank you.

Yep, that adds a lot of context and was pretty interesting. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #33910 on: July 18, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »

so I actually thought this was a real elephant for a moment in a park near my house that I hadn't visited for a while....

In other getting old news, I was trying to sign up for a Scottish golf app, where you can get an official handicap though you aren't a club member, and it had to be on my phone.  It wouldn't accept my email address and there was some issue about mail addys (probably solved) and I assumed this was the problem and  I obviously sent of a stroppy email about the problem not being fixed.  

I had a look at the app again with stronger glasses and noticed that a button was dot com and not just com.  So I was entering my addy as dot dot com and getting the justifiable "enter a proper email addy m8" message.

If it's this bad in the early 60s, I can't imagine how tikay copes in his 80s.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #33911 on: July 23, 2021, 03:08:00 AM »

Hi Tom.

Some very random questions from me this morning, just cause.

What's your favourite breed of dog? Do you currently have a dog?

If you could only eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

What is the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

Single favourite poker memory? Do you still play at all these days or plan to play again post-covid?

One technology you'd like improved and one you want banished from the world.

tyty

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33912 on: July 23, 2021, 09:28:44 AM »

Hi Tom.

Some very random questions from me this morning, just cause.

What's your favourite breed of dog? Do you currently have a dog?

If you could only eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

What is the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

Single favourite poker memory? Do you still play at all these days or plan to play again post-covid?

One technology you'd like improved and one you want banished from the world.

tyty

Hi Cos.

Thanks for the questions, you know better than most that they are the life-blood of any blog or diary.

I will answer asap but I have just this minute returned from a wonderful-to-me camper trip on the Sarf coast and I have to cut some foot-high grass before it becomes a wildlife sanctuary.

I also have to deal with the Hubble telescope when I get a minute.

After that, you will all have to suffer me trying to explain the utter joy of spending a fortnight living in a tiny house on wheels.

Click to see full-size image.
 Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33913 on: July 23, 2021, 10:37:50 AM »

I figured the wanderlust had grabbed you.

Welcome home Tom.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #33914 on: July 23, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »

Welcome back X

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 ... 2257 2258 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 2264 2265 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: