blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2293 2294 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 2300 2301 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587192 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34440 on: July 23, 2022, 11:40:03 PM »

Did I tell you I had got myself a wee camper Tom.

Geo

That's great Geo. I can't think of anyone more suited.

Our camper is home made and it's really small so we have to compromise a bit but on the plus side we can park anywhere.

We've had ours almost 10 years now and we love it to bits.

We did two trips this month.

I always take a pic of our parking spots. For those not interested, look away now....

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34441 on: July 23, 2022, 11:42:59 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34442 on: July 23, 2022, 11:45:40 PM »

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34443 on: July 24, 2022, 07:19:24 AM »

nice photos
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34444 on: July 24, 2022, 08:44:19 AM »

Gracias Señor.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34445 on: July 24, 2022, 10:18:56 AM »

Geo

Our camper is home made and it's really small so we have to compromise a bit but on the plus side we can park anywhere.

I always take a pic of our parking spots. For those not interested, look away now....

We need photos of Geo's van, love these things.

Can't believe yours is 10 years old Tom, doesn't seem that long since you introduced it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34446 on: July 24, 2022, 10:22:51 AM »

Nick Cave answers questions from fans on many topics.

Here he discusses how his neighbours helped him deal with grief from his son's death and Love Island.  The best thing I have read for some time.

https://www.theredhandfiles.com/who-do-you-want-to-win-love-island/

I have no idea who Nick Cave is but I'll give it a bash.

Nick Cave seems to have been on the fringes forever, never really made it that big.

He did do a somg with Kylie Minogue, off a whole album singing about murder, which might have limited its mass appeal.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34447 on: July 24, 2022, 10:55:14 AM »

Geo

This.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #34448 on: July 24, 2022, 01:57:20 PM »

How do you find your park up spots Tom?

There’s a website, and app, call Search for Sites that lists every type of spot possible. From full blown fully serviced Club type pitches right through to the ‘blind eye turned to the No Camping signs places. With a lot of pubs and farm shops in between. We’ve stayed in a variety of them, over the few years since we joined the MotorHome brigade.

I spent the night in the Cinema Car Park across from DTD recently. The height barriers on the DTD car park were too low for me.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34449 on: July 24, 2022, 02:14:06 PM »

I like to keep my eye open for parking spots as I'm getting close to my destination but I sometimes use an app too.
I deliberately avoided a camper look with my vehicle and with dark tint windows no one knows we're in there so we can park virtually anywhere, even where it says no overnight camping.

I don't understand it really. Lots of the coastal long stay car parks do a 24 hour ticket but say no campers between 10pm and 8am, so the car parks are empty at night and the streets and lay bys near by are full of campers.

We did a month in Portugal and campers are positively encouraged there. The local people are very welcoming and will give you water etc. I asked a shopkeeper about this and he said that the campers contribute to the economy. If they park local, they spend local.

Our local authorities seem to have a policy against freedom or enjoying yourself.  

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #34450 on: July 24, 2022, 04:24:49 PM »

Geo

Can't believe yours is 10 years old Tom, doesn't seem that long since you introduced it. 

I’ve always been a walker/camper and hadn’t considered a Campervan until earlier this year I decided on a trip to mull with Bradley the border collie. I loaded up the Q5 and off we set. All was fine until we went to bed down for the night. Bramley just wouldn’t  settle and would be biting at the zipper trying to open the tent.

I relented and we put the back seats down in the car and bedded down there for the couple days trip.

We done a couple of other weekend trips out the back of the car but knew it wasn’t feasible to continue like that.

I then spotted a cheap camper for sale quite close to us, had a look and decided it was more than suitable.

Need to work out how to add pics from iPad and will post before and afters.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34451 on: July 24, 2022, 04:28:03 PM »

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #34452 on: July 24, 2022, 04:43:26 PM »

Haha you know me too well

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34453 on: July 24, 2022, 05:27:53 PM »

Poppy likes hunting in the sticky weed. (That's Galium aparine for the plant fans among you)

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #34454 on: July 24, 2022, 06:01:29 PM »

I like to keep my eye open for parking spots as I'm getting close to my destination but I sometimes use an app too.
I deliberately avoided a camper look with my vehicle and with dark tint windows no one knows we're in there so we can park virtually anywhere, even where it says no overnight camping.

I don't understand it really. Lots of the coastal long stay car parks do a 24 hour ticket but say no campers between 10pm and 8am, so the car parks are empty at night and the streets and lay bys near by are full of campers.

We did a month in Portugal and campers are positively encouraged there. The local people are very welcoming and will give you water etc. I asked a shopkeeper about this and he said that the campers contribute to the economy. If they park local, they spend local.

Our local authorities seem to have a policy against freedom or enjoying yourself.  

The problem with coastal spots as I see it, is that one or two vans overnight is ok, but that isn’t what happens. There’s a car park on the coast at Redcar which gets all but filled up with vans that are there all day and night for anything up to a week.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 2293 2294 2295 2296 [2297] 2298 2299 2300 2301 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: