blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 34301 times)
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »

feck this bokking business - maybe if I don't refer to people by their names only good things will happen.

Sooo, best of luck to Leo Sayer / Screech / Sideshow Bob (take your pick!).
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »

Hey JungleCat.. hope you can update on my three favs:

- Thor Hansen - Norway
 - Annette Obrestad - Norway
 - Ramzi Jelassi  - Sweden

Lots and lots of chipcounts and hands on these guys, ty ty.

Hoping for u here Jungle Cat. My senses tell me that Djinn is more busy with documenting the GummyBear War. BTW.. i hear that the Gummys have enlisted troops from the east front, thats some sweet and tuff Phoos.

Pics and Counts from your Picks (News of the Bear offensive to follow...)

Ramzi Jelassi -- 14,000  Pictured looking unnecessarily pessimistic.

Annette Obrestad -- 31,000  Pictured looking inscrutable.

Thor Hansen, helpfully sat next to Dan Carter -- 30,000  Pictured looking experienced.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »

A big hand just knocked a stack of blues from Annette's towers and sent them Nicolas Levi-wards...

It looks like the action preflop saw a raise from Nicolas and a call from Annette in the blinds (I could be wrong by one position, in which case it was a early position raise by Annette and a call by Nicolas in late - I know this makes a difference but I only have one set of eyes and lots of other stuff was happening at the time...)

Anyway...

With about 6k in the pot the flop was down .  A slow check from both players.
Turn:    Annette bet out around 10,000...called.
River:    Annette checked, and since no chips moved and the pot was shipped to M. Levi I can only surmise that he announced all-in and was not called.

BA_NOR_P_Mag

One day Jen will be the mother of my children !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »

ty Jen

I mighy share a Pizza or two with you after all. Cant wait for a Gummy lummy jummy update.

I am with the Norwegian Poker Magazin.

All Scandis check out: www.norskpokermagasin.com
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »

Elsewhere shortish stacked Vikke Toumaala gets busted holding ... he saw a flop with Chris Rossiter who promptly despatched him when his hit the flop pretty hard.  When Toumaala moved in and was very quickly called, he said, "Set," with that finality that only comes into your voice when you are absolutely sure that your Aces are now a huge dog. 

Also OUT - Dominik Kulicki

Shoving his short stack in with alarming regularity although not out yet - Vincent Courtois

Up to 60k and feeling comfortable - Dan Carter

Arrived late and laughs like a crazy man - Daniel Negreanu

Stole three chicken kebabs from the buffet - Junglecat03

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »

Go on the Hat-Pimp and the Afro-Kid!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 03:35:29 PM »

Sick hands have been played and metaphorical blood has been spilled!

First off we had Hugo Marialva Felix raising on the button a committing amount and being forced to call Vincent Cortois' shove from the big blind.

Hugo tabled the rather limp J5, whilst Vincent proudly showed his more grandiose A-Q.

A 3-A-7 flop looked to have swung the wheel of fortune rather decisively in Vincent's favour and a double up looked all but sealed. Hugo was encouraged however by a 4 on the turn, giving him 4 outs to make a backdoor straight on the river. Final confirmation that poker is a sick game happened as the required 6 on the river fell, sending Hugo into spasms of joy, whilst his very unfortunate tablemate Vincent was sent packing to the rail, to bemoan his fate to all who would listen.

Next up we had German Cort Kibler Melby, who had been shoving his sub 10 BB stack regularly, shoving once more after an UTG limp. Tobias Reinkemeier called from middle position and everyone else moved out of the way, including the UTG limper...

Cort showed whilst Reinkemeier flipped over . The race was on!

Viewing the flop, Cort picked up his table tag, and prepared to leave the tournament. HOWEVER, the hand was far from over as a appeared on the turn, giving Cort a full house and leaving Reinkemeier facing the prospect of losing the 17k+ pot. Surely after all the twist and turns of the hand so far, there could be no more drama?

Live poker is like sooooo rigged.

The river fell the !

...meaning Reinkemeier's full house of Jacks full of Aces, defeated Cort's house of Jacks full of Sevens at the last and Cort Kibler Melby was sent crashing to the rail in dramatic fashion. Wowzer!!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 03:55:27 PM by Djinn » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »

Rolf Slotboom seems full of beans today. Dressed in a ski hat pulled tightly over head and his ponytail and sporting a mirrored pair of reflective shades, he looks ready to hit the Alps at any moment.

He'll have to stall on his plans for skiing though, as he still has chips, protected by his ever-present trademark packet of tic tacs. He is keeping up a steady stream of banter at his table, keeping his colleagues entertained/ permanently iriritated depending on whether they like the cut of his gib...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »

Go Dan Carter,great news on the early double up

Is Welsh DAn Owston still in? If not,tell him we're looking forward to some drinks in the Bier House tonight!

Great updates guys
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »

Oh dear! News has reached us in the press room of some bad news concerning Maz Nawab, one of the remaining Brits, who was well placed coming into the day.

He has lost a monster pot, holding a pair of bullets to his opponent's K-K, many of the chips going in on the turn allegedly, and once the cards were turned one of his tablemates commented that he had played the hand "perfectly" to get his opponent to commit all his chips.

One more horrid beat to add to the rapidly growing collection though as a sickening K on the river crippled Maz and sent the 70k+ pot hurtling out of his stack into that of his (as yet) unknown opponent.

Bad luck Maz, very cruel luck...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 03:46:32 PM »

Go Dan Carter,great news on the early double up

Is Welsh DAn Owston still in? If not,tell him we're looking forward to some drinks in the Bier House tonight!

Great updates guys

Fairly sure he went out late on yesterday. Sorry!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »

ty Jen

I mighy share a Pizza or two with you after all. Cant wait for a Gummy lummy jummy update.

I managed, at great personal risk, to infiltrate the Gummi .  There I discovered that they are planning a five-pronged assault against Europe from their Base in Norway!  I am suddenly suspicious of your interest in the plans, even going so far as to perhaps suggest that you are involved in some kind of counterespionage.  Nah, surely not.

CroqueMadame

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »

A big hand just knocked a stack of blues from Annette's towers and sent them Nicolas Levi-wards...

It looks like the action preflop saw a raise from Nicolas and a call from Annette in the blinds (I could be wrong by one position, in which case it was a early position raise by Annette and a call by Nicolas in late - I know this makes a difference but I only have one set of eyes and lots of other stuff was happening at the time...)

Anyway...

With about 6k in the pot the flop was down .  A slow check from both players.
Turn:    Annette bet out around 10,000...called.
River:    Annette checked, and since no chips moved and the pot was shipped to M. Levi I can only surmise that he announced all-in and was not called.

Thank you for the updates Jen! Anything on Hat-Pimp is always muchly appreciated Smiley Here's hoping more people send chips Nicolas Levi-wards!!!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 03:54:07 PM »

LEADERWATCH....  In case some of these gents with the nice stacks are unfamiliar...

Cyrille Chabot - cyclops

Russell Carson - not as bored as he looks

Markus Golser - I tip him for the final...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »

Rolf Slotboom seems full of beans today. Dressed in a ski hat pulled tightly over head and his ponytail and sporting a mirrored pair of reflective shades, he looks ready to hit the Alps at any moment.

He'll have to stall on his plans for skiing though, as he still has chips, protected by his ever-present trademark packet of tic tacs. He is keeping up a steady stream of banter at his table, keeping his colleagues entertained/ permanently iriritated depending on whether they like the cut of his gib...

Is he shortstacking with a chipped-up LAG on his left ?  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: