blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2024, 01:01:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274080 Posts in 66763 Topics by 16953 Members
Latest Member: aviatorgame
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  MMR does NOT cause autism
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMR does NOT cause autism  (Read 25603 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2008, 05:16:37 PM »

... in the same way as statistics can be put forward to support both sides of a debate from the same study or piece of data.  ...

I've done that before, when I worked as a statistician in Insurance - from a statistical point of view, those 2 reports were my magnum opus Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »

Obviously this topic is closer to some peoples hearts than others due to some of our own expierences,
 i am starting to question what my view would be if someone now done a study like the original 1 by Andrew Wakefield into any possible connection between 3 seperate jabs and autism.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2008, 03:49:53 AM »

Does it really matter at the end of the day.

If you have an autistic child did the MMR cause it?

Was he/she born with it?

Even if you can point the blame at someone else and say its your fault my child is the way he/she is..does it make any difference?

I love my kids for who they are....the end.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »

Does it really matter at the end of the day.

If you have an autistic child did the MMR cause it?

Was he/she born with it?

Even if you can point the blame at someone else and say its your fault my child is the way he/she is..does it make any difference?

I love my kids for who they are....the end.

(had the mother of all kick offs this morning after Thomas' brother made his toast and and cut it in half! ) Thomas only eats BIG TOAST)which is toast uncut WOAH good start to sunday NOT lol
Nilawina

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 12:01:19 PM »

As a community pharmacists I get asked asked my views on the MMR vaccine V's single jabs all the time.

My advice to all considering the single jabs is to be very careful. Single jabs are a unlicensed medicine. They therefore have to be imported from abroad. As they can't be prescribed on a NHS script you have to get them from private clinics.

As a vaccine needs to be refridgerated, I would be worried about whether the cold storage during transit had been adequate.

The triple jab is in place purely for compliance purposes as parents may not complete all 3 jabs for their child (dependant or more clinical trials) or may simply forget. The time left between the jabs could leave open the risk of infection from the other infections.

Do your research on the clinics and Doctor. I remember the case of the Doctor who ran a private clinic and used his own child's blood tests (who had the triple MMR) to prove to parents that their children were vaccinated!

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2008, 04:45:27 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/03/07/autism.vaccines.analysis.ap/index.html?iref=24hours

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »

Confirmation bias?

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

I thought it was relevant to the thread, and may be of interest to some people.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

I thought it was relevant to the thread, and may be of interest to some people.

Yes I certainly think that this is relevant to the thread.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »

It is relevant, but I don't think it adds anything new.

The news reports and the topic title may be slightly misleading but there hasn't really been any argument saying that MMR - just like any other inoculation jabs - might, in a very small number of cases contribute to the onset of autism, which is more or less what this article covers (although there has never been anything other than anecdotal evidence to suggest that this could happen at all).

The primary argument is that their is no evidence that having combined jabs increases the likelihood of it happening compared to having them separately, and there is nothing in this article which contradicts this.

It is an interesting article though.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 03:43:26 AM »

I didnt really want to get into this argument as I dont want to sway any parents with babies/toddlers but maybe this will help.

If there is a 24hr bug going around. I have it for 76 hours and my kids are the same, we all take a little bit longer to fight infection.

When I was a kid the vaccinations were much widely spread apart, I was 14 when I had my MMR.

Through hours/weeks and months of searching the internet and countless hours with psychiatrists, physiologists,family therapy, groups for this that and any other bloody thing (i have tried them all) I have come to this conclusion...I now recognize that I am autistic too, I find it very hard to communicate with people and was very much a housemouse till i ventured into poker. I force myself to play live but to be honest I feel very uncomfortable around people.

So the question is did my kids "get it" from me?

Maybe they did but Im more inclined to think we all have a suppressed immune system and some are higher than othersl.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »

Obviously I'm no expert but I'm not sure that 'feeling a bit awkward around people' = autism.

And I don't think it was the MMR you had at 14, but the BCG anti-TB vaccine, which most teenagers have. Nothing unusual there.
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »

For info many people have a mild version of Autism which can go undiagnosed. I have a friend who was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome at the age of 28.

Also Autism is heritable.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2008, 01:23:39 AM »

Obviously I'm no expert but I'm not sure that 'feeling a bit awkward around people' = autism.

And I don't think it was the MMR you had at 14, but the BCG anti-TB vaccine, which most teenagers have. Nothing unusual there.

Yes you are right Andrew, it wasnt the MMR back then, it was a vaccination for german measles as I recall. Rubella was considered to be a risk to all pregnant women so all 13/14 year old girls were given the jab.

The MMR is a jab for measles, german measles and mumps...a very lethal concoction. Im sure the government run extensive tests before they gave the go ahead.

Perhaps if I posted a picture of my daughters back, legs and belly with todays paper you might believe me? She has measle spots all the time, she is 10 yrs old now.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/opinion/13fri2.html?_r=1

http://www.eurosurveillance.org/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=19118

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/11/autism.vaccines/index.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/child_health/article5674974.ece

and the one you need to read if you can't be bothered reading the others:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5683671.ece

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: