blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  more Big brother brought to you by your govt?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more Big brother brought to you by your govt?  (Read 1685 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7240234.stm

sigh..now the plan is to have the ISP's have to check what their customers are doing and tell the govt. so the govt can "restrict" the internet access of those pesky kids that download Britney Spears' latest album for free.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »

So if I login to noobs unprotected wireless ISP's around me they get done?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »

Hehe!!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »

yep.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:36:34 PM »

I've been wanting to write a bit of an essay against this for a while, haven't had the chance, will make a few bullet points as I remember what I wanted to say

This has been planned for a while, it's completely voluntary for the ISPs unless they don't volunteer in which case they will be forced to (clearly the government forgot to announce they had changed the meaning of voluntary).

It's a completely stupid piece of legalisation that could only be thought up be imbeciles.

What happens to the people who rely on their internet connection to make money who get cut off without ever downloading anything? A recent campaign on behalf of codemasters against people who had downloaded the game "Colin McRae Dirt". The problem was it included scores of people who hadn't (I can't find the figures right now but think the false positives were in the double digits %wise). These people could now be punished automatically as they are assumed to be guilty.

Want to do download as much as you like riskfree? Spend a few euros a month on a seedbox and download the complete files using over a VPN.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »

They gonna bring in the Internet police

Click to see full-size image.
 Click to see full-size image.

We are all d00med...
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »

they are going to regulate the internet soon enough , just look at the media campaign portraying it as a breeding ground for terrorists , paedophiles and organised criminals , not to mention the happy slapping and suicide pact youngsters , mark my words big changes are in line for the use of internet.

is it cold in his shadow ?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 03:07:36 PM »

they are going to regulate the internet soon enough , just look at the media campaign portraying it as a breeding ground for terrorists , paedophiles and organised criminals , not to mention the happy slapping and suicide pact youngsters , mark my words big changes are in line for the use of internet.

The internet is designed not to be interfered with. No matter what regulations are brought in, terrorists, paedophiles and organised criminals will find ways round them.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »

The internet is designed not to be interfered with. No matter what regulations are brought in, terrorists, paedophiles and organised criminals will find ways round them.

but that doesn't mean the ordinary citizen can't be controlled. Smiley

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 03:12:57 PM »

And legitimate users who just want to get on with it of course, but then they'll just be painted in bad light anyway ("Why would you use encryption if you have nothing to hide?").

I can't think of any reason why the media would want the net regulated though...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »

but that doesn't mean the ordinary citizen can't be controlled. Smiley

exactly , that doesn't mean they wont bring in new regulations and controls. bit like the id card

fingerprints and iris scan for abu hamza pmsl

is it cold in his shadow ?
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:07:29 PM »

Copywrite is theft.

Once you release something into the public domain then you lose the right to restrict its circulation. The overwhelming public opinion is that copywrite should not exist, if you don't believe me then tell me the percentage of the British public who have never recorded a tv program, photocopied anything from a book, copied a CD onto tape, sung happy birthday in a public place, performed anything you did not create at a talent show, repeated a joke you saw on TV, the list goes on and on.

Did you know that the film industry was able to get an additional charge placed on every VHS recorder sold in this country to cover the costs of presumed piracy. Now they are trying to target the internet.

There are only so many civil liberties that this country will stand to lose, after that comes the peoples revolution.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: