blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  life support
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: life support  (Read 2075 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »

your playing is a £20 rebuy freezeout stage.
blinds are 500/1000 and its the start of the FT
only top 3 get paid
9 players left
average stack about 23-25k
you are on life support with 6,700

first hand you are drawn 2UTG
UTG folds

what do you need to move all in

i am assuming nearly any 2

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:34:49 PM »

nearly any 2

I'd push with any connecting cards and anything over J high.  If you don't push now, you're pretty much committed to pushing next hand.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:27:46 PM »

Any two at all, but I'm crap so what do I know.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »

i dont push with any 2 here why ? you have somehow got down that far i wouldnt of let myself but once you do you might as well see what happends now and waite for a hand if you dont get one your in on the high blind anyway, but i def dont push with any 2 now you have waited so long

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:58:08 PM »

I dont push with ANY 2 here TBH-providing there are no antes I think you have just enough to let the blinds pass once and if you have garbage surely you would want to wait for a better spot-you have a fair amount of players behind you and you are only going to get called by a very good hand- at the very best you'll have 2 live cards and at worst will be a huge dog, I'd push any premiums, 88-JJ, A10s-AJ and possibly 89s, 910s, depending on the table,
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:01:56 PM by Hairydude » Logged

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »

23o+
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »

i dont push with any 2 here why ? you have somehow got down that far i wouldnt of let myself but once you do you might as well see what happends now and waite for a hand if you dont get one your in on the high blind anyway, but i def dont push with any 2 now you have waited so long

what if you just got your aces cracked the hand before breaking for the FT in a 60k pot

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »

I dont push with ANY 2 here TBH-providing there are no antes I think you have just enough to let the blinds pass once and if you have garbage surely you would want to wait for a better spot-you have a fair amount of players behind you and you are only going to get called by a very good hand- at the very best you'll have 2 live cards and at worst will be a huge dog, I'd push any premiums, 88-JJ, A10s-AJ and possibly 89s, 910s, depending on the table,

so you would pay 1500 knocking yourself down to 5200 which means that you need to get a premium hand in the next orbit as the blinds would more than likely go up soon (£20 rebuys normally have a fast clock) and you wouldnt have enough to get past the blinds if you try a push from LP

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:32:58 PM »

I hate the idea of pushing ATC in 2nd position in the first hand of a FT. 
I know its what we all say we should do but sometime i'd rather wait and let the round pass me I might pick up a hand or a better hand in the next few hands and even if I dont I give myself the option to push into any unopened pot from a later position.

Regards a rquirement for shoving in this position I am probably looking at J9+ suited connectors K7+ A7+

Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 09:43:23 PM »

so you would pay 1500 knocking yourself down to 5200 which means that you need to get a premium hand in the next orbit as the blinds would more than likely go up soon (£20 rebuys normally have a fast clock) and you wouldnt have enough to get past the blinds if you try a push from LP

yes I would- i'm not saying a premium hand- they key term is "ANY 2 cards" I wont push with-I would much rather wait for a better spot- but only just- I think if the blinds take me to below 5k I would be pushing! I will be pushing within probably the next 5 or 6 hands anyway but I'd rather wait on a better spot to try and doouble up- even if it means only getting up to 10.4k instaead of 13.4k. And like Bandit says I dont think you can discount the stealing possibilities of late position. I just dont like pushing with ANY 2 when you will have a full table behind you

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 09:44:45 PM »

23o+

my range is wider than that
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »

Another adavantage of pushing b4 you go through the blinds is that if you double up you have 2 more sets of blinds.  i.e if you have 6 you double to 12 or so, but going thru you only have 9.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »

well i was pretty much in most peoples range i had QT but intrestingly one person after the game said he would of waited

i would of pushed with any 2 i think

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 08:46:06 AM »

well i was pretty much in most peoples range i had QT but intrestingly one person after the game said he would of waited

i would of pushed with any 2 i think

and he would be wrong.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 12:59:25 PM »

no way in a million years am I not pushing with  here

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: