blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:16:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 53024 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2008, 08:50:34 PM »

Trond Eidsvig builds his stack...  every time I walk by his table, he's all involved in something.  That's probably why this hand went as it did...

Matey in the Technics shirt raises in mid to 1,100.  Trond re-raises on the button to 2,950.  A call.

Flop:  Two Diamonds   Now Matey (fig.1, dwelling) bet out 3,500.

Over to the young Norwegian chip magnet.  He does a weird sort of stack count-down, slowly adding up and subtracting from stacks in a way which was mildly incomprehensible, before putting them all in a stack, going from high denom to low denom on top and prodding the stack slowly over the line.

Swiftly finding the decision back on him, TechnicsMatey, who covered Trond, faced calling 11,000 to see his cards.  Head in hands, then fingers laced, then staring at the flop, he eventually made the call with , only to see a standing-up Trond showing .  The turn and river came the harmless three clubs and it's over to him:

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

Can you get an update on fishbones11 (Adam Fyshe) please?

A Fyshe has chips. We guestimate about 40k.

Thewy news/chip count pls..

25k and fan at high power.

Not doing so well  on the same table is James Honeybone, lost a big chunk it seems from his earlier decent 35k stack.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »

Hi guys.

Put an eye on spaniards.

Specially on the Great Juan Maceiras aka "vietcong01" on PS.

Thx.

I think, unless he was a last minute qualification/addition, Juan Maceiras isn't playing today (1A).  Will keep an eye out though.

His son Juan Maceiras Jr. plays tomorrow, but Juan Sr. is playing today. (I think).

Ask about to the spanish unibet team reporter

He's not on the official list so we're guessing tomorrow.

Sorry Flops, always the same problem with the spaniards and our TWO surnames.

He is Juan Maceiras Barros --> Juan Barros on the list.

OK this might be a bit of a longshot, but is this your man?  My eyesight really is bad, I apologise if it isn't - but if so he's here in the press room which doesn't in any way signify that he's out because everyone is on a 15 minute break...

Even if this isn't him, we can probably locate him now thanks to name sorting-out.  Bear with us.

Ericab42
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »

Go FISHBONES11

What do we have with the chip leader?Huh?
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2008, 09:02:04 PM »

Thanks guys, great updates to x
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2008, 09:03:57 PM »

Looks like WPT Barcelona runner-up Ludovic Lacay is a gonna. He and his over-sized headphones are noticeably absent from the table after an A-6s squeeze was felled by K-J.

White socks? Sandals? Yes, it can mean only one thing...Greg Raymer is here, ready to do battle tomorrow.

All you Marek Kolk fans, I'm sorry to say, he's OUT. Kings into Jacks.

What's the latest on Craig Hopkins?

Still on roughly 10k at the moment. He's been moved to the same table as Tronde Eidsvig.

Marc Goodwin has about 13k and it's moving quietly along.

Earlier Jen reported that Casey Kastle, (or is it Kasey Castle?) was the chip leader, but that's no longer the case after he and Robert Flink clashed in a 50k AIPF pot. Kastle (or Castle) held Jacks and Flink had Ace King. Two aces on the board and Kasey (or Casey) went to the break with a shortened 14k stack, swearing with each step up the winding stairs to the bar.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2008, 09:35:26 PM »

Go Trond!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2008, 09:41:21 PM »

chip count for Sir Woody of Deck please snoops

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »

Ok, so as I'm heading back into the tournament area (with Men At Work's classic 'I come from a land down under' blaring out of the speakers, occasionally interrupted by the tannoy asking for a 'Mr Steve', repeatedly which turns out to be sometime EPT tournament director Steve). I spot Christoffer Sonnesson (he of freeroll-greatness much earlier) involved in a pot. Hans Ritburg had bet out on a flop, another player had called before Christoffer shoved in a mammoth-sized moutain of red 500 chips.

Hans called for the rest of his stack and the third player got out of the way. The dutchman showed for a vunerable second pair, but it was still ahead of Sonnesson's drawtacular hand and somehow managed to avoid every bullet.

Craig Hopkins -- 14k

Singheee

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »

dana and trond sittin on a tree k i s s i n g hahaha u no the rest
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2008, 09:57:47 PM »

Mini Interview with your Host Kara Scott...

No, wait, I'm the host... She has been mulling over hands since the bust moment with that kind of painful self cross-examination which everyone seems to do who's genuinely interested in improving their game, but is in good spirits now and looking forward to both hosting the San Remo/Monte Carlo end of season.  "I love my job!" she enthused as listing the poker lifestyle stuff like travel, talking to people who only really talk about cards, watching high-stakes action as being what made it so much fun for her.  She admits she's hooked and hopes that maybe Stars might give her another shot in the non-televised ones, as "There's nothing like the deepstacked tournaments."  In between she told me that off the table, martial arts movies are her cup of tea, which immediately got me on side as she rates Ong-Bak among the first and foremost best fighty movies of all time.  Which it is (in your face, Dana).  Expect to see her next hanging around at the Irish Open, looking with beady eye at the supersat...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »

Tiny Dancer of the Day (can anyone put a name to these awesome shades?):

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:38 PM »

Katja Thater and Johannes Strassman are sitting on the couch a-chillin' and a-smokin' so they are OUT.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2008, 10:11:42 PM »

Jen wants more interactivity on this thread or else she pokes this kitten in the belly. Over to you guys, don't let the cruel kitten-poker win!!

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2008, 10:21:59 PM »

Tiny Dancer of the Day (can anyone put a name to these awesome shades?):

Who are the two guys on table fancy dress in the back ground and which charity are they raising money for?

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: