blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well  (Read 91651 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »

What do you intend to do with your winnings? investment?

going into savings until i return from vegas next year when ill use it to buy a house or flat i think,  im a life nit

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2008, 10:13:03 PM »

at the end of day 1b did you play any hands differently from normal just to try and get your stack bigger than moomin's and make him quit poker?

lol, played normally, although chufty screwing me over for a 50BB pot in the last level saved moorman's career

hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2008, 01:28:48 AM »

Great result pab congrats.

Which do you prefer 25/50 cash or big prizepool tourneys?
How big of a jump is required from beating the nightly tourneys to beating 5/10 cash?

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2008, 06:30:19 AM »

Have you ever asked moorman how much he ate mud for?

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2008, 11:40:46 AM »

Pab.. Would you consider uploading a couple of your recent online tourn hh where you gone deep into poker x factor hand replayer for the mere mortals like me to have a gander??? Seen a couple of the older ones you did and found em really useful!

All the best..

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:47:14 AM by T_Mar » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2008, 12:39:47 PM »

Pab,

what were the few key hands/situations that got you in a position to win at the weekend?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »

Pab,

what were the few key hands/situations that got you in a position to win at the weekend?

And is 89 off suit the hand that you never want to see against you ever again ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »

Great result pab congrats.

Which do you prefer 25/50 cash or big prizepool tourneys?
How big of a jump is required from beating the nightly tourneys to beating 5/10 cash?

Thanks mate,

Never played consistently at 25/50 cash, mainly 10/20nl then would move up if the game was good or was having a good week/month. Not played that high stakes cash for a while as I went on a bad run just before the wsop this year, so started playing tournaments again for a change and to prepare for the wsop itself. Pretty funny actually that the day before the grand final started I was in london with everyone and I was saying how I was looking to really cut down my tournament volume and rejuvinate my cash career, weather that will happpen now or not remains to be seen, lol. Tournament players do get all the spotlight though and there is not other feeling like it in poker when you win a big event. However the variance can be terrible and the demanding schedule can really take its toll at times.

If i had a gun to my head for a definate answer I would go with big prizepool tourneys.

I think the 2nd question is hard to answer really, 5/10nl is a really high standard of cash game play so I would imagine that a person that has only played tournaments in the past would be a loser if they were to jump straight into those games. The skill levels required are incomparable since many different skill sets are required to be successful at each discipline.  In the case of a tournament player wanting to covert to cash games I would suggest starting lower, maybe 1/2, 2/4nl to really get to grips with 100BB+ play and join cardrunners, dueces cracked or leggo and spend a lot of time watching videos. On a little unrelated note I also think that if a tournament player becomes successful at cash games it will in turn improve their early-mid tournament game as they will be far more comfortable with flop/turn and river decisions.

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »

no, should I?

lol

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2008, 01:41:20 PM »

no, should I?

lol

yes, lol

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »

Pab.. Would you consider uploading a couple of your recent online tourn hh where you gone deep into poker x factor hand replayer for the mere mortals like me to have a gander??? Seen a couple of the older ones you did and found em really useful!

All the best..

Next time i go deep or win a comp on stars/tilt I would be happy to upload the HH if some1 reminds me.

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

All the best..

Next time i go deep or win a comp on stars/tilt I would be happy to upload the HH if some1 reminds me.

Ta, Much appreciated..
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »

Pab,

Throughout the whole tournament there were several key pots at various points in the tournament. On day 1 I won a 70k pot from padraig parkinson at the 300/600 BB level with 99 vs AK AIPF. This was huge pot and only came about because maz nawab in the BB had been away for a few hours and had created a really weird dynamic with me on the button and padraig, romanello and skalie all acting before me with the BB sat out. In this hand I ended up 5 bet jamming after padraig opened the CO, i 3 bet the button and then he small 4 bet. I had 3 bet him twice before and folded both times so it just felt like he would 4 bet bluff or 4 bet a lot worse hands than mine for value as it looks like im just using my stack in position. I was suprised he was as strong as AK, but I won the race (mbn i know) and continued building on day 1. I still had about 25k chips behind If i lost the hand so all good.

At the start of day 2, I moved to the immediate left of ali mallu and had no intentions to mix it up with him without the goods as he is far too unpredictable and could end up 2nd guessing myself out of the tournament pretty sharpish. On the first orbit he folds almost everything and I raise twice taking two pots uncontested and then a hand develops when ali is on the button and im in the SB. He opens for 3200 @ (600/1200) and I looks down at AK and 3 bet to about 10500, he instantly says all in and even though I knew I was calling I was still a little suprised he jammed so much. I call pretty quickly and he tables A9, and doesnt get there and im chip leader after about 15 mins of day 2.

The pivotal pot on the final was 4 handed when i doubled up from erik svanes when he raised the button, I 3 bet the SB with AK and he jammed on me with KJ. There was history leading up to this though as I had 3 bet him twice in quick succession just before the dinner break and he folded both times so I think this was playing on his mind over the 1hr dinner break. Just before we started playing again after the dinner break he said he had a feeling that me and him would clash, this hand occurred 3 hands after dinner or something. This pot was huge, 1.2m 4 handed with 2.7m chips in play

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »

lol yeh too sick. Towards the end he asked me if i wanted to go all in blind next hand for the trophy, i declined and so the next hand he open ships 30BB's and shows me 89o when I pass, lol

Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »

lol yeh too sick. Towards the end he asked me if i wanted to go all in blind next hand for the trophy, i declined and so the next hand he open ships 30BB's and shows me 89o when I pass, lol

lol so sick-did he actually mean all in blind for just trophy with an even split of the cash or was it a split for the difference between 1st and 2nd prize anol??

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: