blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 33487 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 02:54:33 PM »

We don't currently have a full player list, but here are some names who will be appearing either today or tomorrow for Day 1b. We shared a few beverages last night with Dan "Stop talking about my hair!" Carter, whose hair actually wasn't TOO curly, in fact slightly straightened whilst retaining its inherent bushiness. He seems in fine fettle and will be looking to go one better than his near final table performance at the EPT Dortmund. Baden EPT winner, Goldenboy, William Hill-sponsored and all round good guy Julian Thew is here, with family in tow, fresh from a good performance in the Irish Open and looking keen to take down his 2nd EPT. Good luck to both. Other names milling around were Noah Boeken, Raymond Rahme, Patrick Antonius and plenty of other star players. More to come on them later.

Looks interesting - keep an eye on who is straight exitwards - my guess would be Dario Minier (surely playing)i, despite having quadrupled up in the first ten minutes...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »

The poker room is absolutely huge, suffice to say that it's full to capacity at 350, yet we reckon they could have squeezed in another 15 tables or so. The only thing we are worried about is the internet exploding in the pressroom, San Remo is basically a dial-up sort-of-town and I'm wondering how many poker players have brought their own routers with them, a la Ramzi Jelassi in Warsaw last year...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »

John O'Shea (the non Man Utd defender in the blue here), raises to 200, Marcus Golser re-raises to 400, and everyone else passes.

John checks, Marcus bets 1k, John calls.

Check check.

Marcus now bets 1,700. John thinks and then passes Kings face up. Marcus taps the table and shows .

"I'm not beating anything by the river," said the Irishman.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »

The poker room is absolutely huge, suffice to say that it's full to capacity at 350, yet we reckon they could have squeezed in another 15 tables or so. The only thing we are worried about is the internet exploding in the pressroom, San Remo is basically a dial-up sort-of-town and I'm wondering how many poker players have brought their own routers with them, a la Ramzi Jelassi in Warsaw last year...

Is that...centre stageish... Woody Deck by any chance?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »

Consistently in the running for 'Hat of the Day' Nicolas Levi, and consistently in the running for 'Hammer of the Day' Thor Hansen.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 03:11:28 PM »

Is that...centre stageish... Woody Deck by any chance?

The one and only, and sitting next to Dan Ruiter.

Coming Soon...Some sort of crazy utg raise with or something...

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »

NAS demands action (or at least a pic of the massage lady- she best be as good as you say after that build up)

ariston

better lucky than good
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »

With the hopes of the home nation, 12-year-old Dario Minineri.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »

Sorrel Mizzi, Steve 'Sam the Eagle' Zolotow and Freda.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 03:14:40 PM »

Tony Cascarino seemingly turning into Jim Meehan.

cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »

update for (if you can find him) Graham Clarkson please

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »

Fairly obvious who Dario will be supporting in the Roma v Man Utd game this evening.
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »

Sorrel Mizzi, Steve 'Sam the Eagle' Zolotow and Freda.

I haven't yet combusted but fine work I must say.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »

Action!

Katja Thatur was involved in a big pot with a mateyboy as I sidled past her table (I can sense when another Kat is in a tense situation)The flop read , mateyboy had bet 3k and Katja had moved in. Called by matey who proudly turned over his A-Q with an air of confidence that seemed highly misplaced to me, and indeed this proved to be the case as Katja tabled the far more impressive 9-9 for a set and mateyboy's smug demeanor vanished rapidly into the ether.

Matey was pretty much drawing dead and a 7 and T on the turn and river completed the hand, virtually doubling up Katja. Here is Katja, with her trademark icy cool poker presence, raking in the pot.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »

NAS demands action (or at least a pic of the massage lady- she best be as good as you say after that build up)

Under the vaguely believable pretext of posting a picture of betfair's Sorel Mizzi, here you go.

Sorel receiving a massage. Lucky fella.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: