blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 27091 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »

Ok, quiz question time.

What do you get if you cross a beautiful and glamorous EPT presenter ....

with a small furry animal?

(Llevan you are forbidden from answering that question)

Stumped?

I give you Kara Scott as you have NEVER seen her before!

You want that piece of lettuce, let's see some paws!

Grumpy bunny! No carrots for you!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »

Roy Brindley is OUT. Jacks into Kings.

Rory Rees-Brennan has about 17k, but the chip leaders look to be Ryan Daut and Woody Deck, both with over 30k. Dan Carter is on the former's table and saying one player just keeps paying Daut off everytime. Dan meanwhile is a little downhaving lost half his stack in awkward spots, joining him on the good ship Nolucksofar bound for Glumsville are Sorrel Mizzi, Nicolas Levi, Michael Martin and Gunnar Osterbrod, the fourof them having had nothing go right so far.

Sorrel in fact is down to just 3k pushing all-in on a flop to isolate an all-in short stack with his in good shape against the of his opponent until the hit the turn, a fist pump from the Italian whilst Sorrel remained expressionless even after the river.

Other players with stacks looking around or over 20k include Marcus Golser, Roland De Wolfe, Julian Thew and the 11-year-old hometown hero Dario Minineri.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 06:10:19 PM »

The internet is verrrrrrrry sloooooooooooow.

Bizarre hand between two Italianoboys.

J-T-7-4 board, both get it all-in, around 4k each. The hands? Both have a pair of Fives.

Roland De Wolfe lost a 10k pot with Kings vs Ace King, he then just dropped more chips re-raising Stephen Chidwick after Julian Thew had flat-called Stephen's initial raise. Stephen pushed, Julian folded (A-K), Roland called the not too much more with A-Q only to find Chidwick also with A-K. A bricky board ending with a King sends the chips away from the wolf.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 06:14:36 PM »

Tero Laurila -- 5,325

Table Ryan Daut and Brandon Schaefer. (Also notice Dan Carter's re-emerging Eufro...)

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »

Julian Thew is OUT. A limp from Marc Convey's favourite player, Dag Palovic, Julian made it 800, and just Dag called.

Dag checks, Julian bets 1,700, Dan sets him in for another 5k. Julian eventually makes the call with Aces. Dag has pocket Sixes and shouts, "No Ace! No Ace!". He gets his wish after the bricky Two Clubs and three clubs turn and river.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »

As I circled the tables, I noticed young Swedish player Cecelia Borg at the tables, recently spotted at the Irish Open.

I was surprised to see her at this EPT as well, especially given her lack of form in Live comps (even less hendonmob database entries than me!) A little investigation later and I discover that she won the bet365 leaderboard, which meant she has been paid in to play in all the EPT and WPT events this year. Sweet deal !

Click to see full-size image.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »

Peter Jepsen is sitting next to me chatting to some Danish guys so I think he might be out.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »

Having just dashed for some quick dinner, we're now back. Half the players are on their dinner break as we speak while the other half are playing the 150/300 level now.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »

ok, I'm putting a perhaps unmerited amount of faith into the sheet of names we have been handed, detailing today's players to do this, but here are some recent eliminees.

Villmure Maxime - OUT!
Jimmy Walberg - OUT!
Reijo Manninen - OUT!
Thomas Fougeron - OUT!
Brandon Schaffer - OUT!
Sahl Hakan - OUT!
Gregory Byard - OUT!

Pascal Perrault is one of the French players playing today. He looks to have had a quiet opening to the tournament, still holding roughly 10k.

He is also the current fore-runner and strongly tipped favourite to win SHIRT OF THE DAY.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 07:42:10 PM »

Nick Gibson has put his foot to the gas after a slow start...

On a board of T-J-Q-7-2 I saw he had a mateyboy at his table allin, matey holding J-7 which was NO GOOD against Nick's K-9 straight. A nice boost to his stack, he looks to have around 15k at the moment...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 07:45:31 PM »

Finally we have the photogenic Liz Lieu, who has jsut under 10,000 chips at the moment.

She is seated next to Joe Grech, who perked up and put his arm round her as I approached their table. Sadly I wasn't in possession of the camera at the time, so you'll have to make do with this shot of Liz from earlier...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »

Steve Jelinek went out earlier. Rod is just off to find out about Tom McEvoy, I did see him earlier knock out a guy with Eights vs Ace King, the other guy hit two pair but Tom four-flushed in diamonds.

Meanwhile, Rolf Slotboom is always good for a soundbite.

"Chrish, we pay five thousand Eurosh, Five toushand. And justsh look at the chairsh they give ush. They are the crappiessht chairsh I've ever seens."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »

Any updates on Chris Lee and another update on Michael Martin would be lovely.

TR23

Sure, Michael is on 26k having hit the heady heights of 32k before. He raised with 4's and ended up getting all the chips on a 7-5-4 board vs 6-6, but hasn't won a pot since then.

Chris Lee -- 20k (I think)

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »

Roland and his dirty stack, and comedy t-shirt.

Patric Martensson

Peter Roche

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »

Woody "Can't Miss" Deck continues domination of his table and is well over 30k now.

"You hit everything!" one exasperated opponent told him after he made 2 pair with 8-4 on the river to beat his opponent's outkicking-him-till-the-river Q-4.

"hehehehe"replied Woody.

Here is the man who is being smacked repeatedly in the face by his surname.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: