blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:50:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Complex Hand Analysis - THE FLOP - BACK TO THE SMALL BLIND
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complex Hand Analysis - THE FLOP - BACK TO THE SMALL BLIND  (Read 11777 times)
Harry Demetriou

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:23:03 PM »

You have in the small blind

Flop is: 

6 players in pot and everyone has between 120 and 150k except for the Button who has 50k

No pre flop raise blinds are 1000/2000 and ante 300 in ten handed game

You checked the big blind checked as did the early position and mid position limpers along with the cut off seat pre flop limper.

There was 15000 in the pot and the button bet 10000 into it making the pot 25000 in size and its back to you. You ahve absolutely no oinformation whatsoever on this player and only know that he now has 40000 left after betting the 10000.

What are you going to do now?
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

If you think you can get all the other players to pass, you could go all in. However, if you think that isn't possible, I would have to fold this hand. The button isn't the player to worry about.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 01:15:22 PM by Nemesis » Logged
Norwich Fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 12:50:01 PM »

Surely its a bit risky to go all in here, with effectively an 8 high, putting your tourney on the line basically with a complete bluff, if you do get called, about 7 out of 10 times u are on your way out.
All in here, with still the limpers to act, is incredibly loose imo.
Personally, i think i would just fold this here.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 12:52:22 PM »

Fold

10k Required to call into a 25k pot

you are going to need multiple calls from your opponents for your hand to have the right implied odds if you hit miracle cards

10k from the button is a weak or strong bet everyone?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 12:56:24 PM »

The bet by the button seems very strong here given his stack size . Then there are the rest of the players to worry about . I think calling is out of the question as it offers the rest 3.5-1 on the call . so I fold . I would push here with less players to act (maybee).
rivered

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 12:57:52 PM »

i'd think he's got one hand - he's on the nut flush draw, making a semi bluff bet to define his hand better and tempt other flush / str8 drawers in to the pot.  The bet is too small for him to have trips / and he prob doesn't have pair/two pair/trips as he's giving everyone else odds.  Either that or he's just a weak player and is trying to steal / probe bet with something like AQ/AJ.

Anyway, I fold now-  i'm the SB and i saw the flop for cheap, but everything is far too suspicious for my liking - lots of people round to reraise me, and I've put the bettor on a flush draw - if he's not on one, then someone else is i reckon due to so many checkers hoping for the free card.  i'll cut my very low losses and wait for a better hand....

There's gotta be a way! He who dares wins! There's a million quids worth of gold out there - our gold. We can't just say 'bonjour' to it.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

I say fold, odds of 2.5 to 1 aren't good enough to draw to the flush, especially when a better flush draw could be out there. So far you've only lost 1k speculating with a very marginal hand, you've not hit big there's no need to lose any more.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 01:17:08 PM »

Easy fold for me here too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 01:22:43 PM »

If you are going to call from the small blind with this hand what are you hoping to catch? You have flopped a flush draw (admittedly a weak one)- are you willing to give up on the 25k in the pot just like that? I would like an information reraise here making it 20k to go. This would give any of the other players chances to dump marginal holdings as you are the small blind and could hold anything.
Allin is not an option as the one of the main hands that can call you may have you drawing very thin (eg bigger flush draw).
I would not be able to say exactly what I would do without plenty of other information (who are the others limpers/checkers? How near to the bubble are we? what do you percieve others think of you? ), hell I may I have even led at this pot on a semibluff/stopngo. As far as the facts given I think allin is not an option and folding (for me anyway) is not an option, so somewhere between the 2 lol. We could go down the route of what ifs (what if my information raise gets reraised by the button, what if a streaker runs out from behind the bar and nicks your hole cards etc) but I was asked what I would do next- information raise.  

ariston

better lucky than good
rivered

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 02:12:32 PM »

what would you put on the button on with a bet of that size?  tough without much info i know but what you reckon?  would you make a probe bet holding nothing with five limpers before you?  if not what could he have?

There's gotta be a way! He who dares wins! There's a million quids worth of gold out there - our gold. We can't just say 'bonjour' to it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 02:14:47 PM »

top pair with a good kicker...KQ?...But he'd go all in and drive the flush draw away wouldn't he?

It looks like it want's action though.....two pair?

confused!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 02:34:23 PM »

This is what i was trying to avoid by betting in seat 7, the button is highly likely to bet here with pretty much anything (or nothing) as it's been checked around to him. There is 15k up for grabs and he would probably think it's worth a punt at.
So even though i don't believe the button has anything there are far too many in this pot to be wary of, i can call his bet and have to fold to a reraise.
I'm so badly out of position it's a must fold for me, it isn't worth it.
If i raise i'd have to put at least 20k into this pot without knowing where i am as regards the others, and as i say i can't put any more in on such a weak draw if reraised.
Also of course if i flat call and miss the turn i am in an even worse spot.
Definite fold and watch the heart come on the turn Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
The Dundonian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2005, 02:36:09 PM »

would the correct bet not be to flat call ,2.5-1 for a 2-1 shot for the flush ? Any other callers and the odds are even better in your favour.

You would have to call the bet!

I'm a rubber duck you can't quack me!
rivered

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 02:46:39 PM »

nah, there's a big fat smelly rat in this one - four people left to act after you've flat called... reraise is ringing too many alarm bells for me.... you've got 84s and you saw a cheap flop - be grateful, cut your very small losses and wait for a better situation.  you're stacked and are not under pressure from blinds...

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 02:49:57 PM »

would the correct bet not be to flat call ,2.5-1 for a 2-1 shot for the flush ? Any other callers and the odds are even better in your favour.

You would have to call the bet!

It's not a 2-1 shot though, that would only be if you got to see the turn an river without facing further bets.

In this case you're not even reasonably certain that you can see the turn for just the 10k.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: