blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 90713 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 21, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »

All i have to add to my original post above is that i am aware that all they other events in the apat schedule are basically a clickfest or you win your seat online therefore it's difficult to get a seat into any tournament therefore i wouldn't bother booking travel and accomadation without the guarantee that i was actually going to be playing.Howeve with the team event unless i've missed a post on this thread it seemed that blonde would definitly be able to enter 2 teams into this and no representitive of APAT until last weekend informed us that we were actually not that likely to get 2 teams.One suggestion therefore that i would make to APAT is maybe you should bring the date forward that any forum wishing to play could register an interest this was originally posted back in april therefore giving any forum the chance to get involved upto nearly the end of june maybe is a bit unfair on other forums who are making arrangements to have 2 teams in.

APAT provide an excellent oppurtunity for amatuer players to play in a well structured tournament and you guys are doing a good job at providing this however, i do feel that in this instince things could've been done better.

As i've already said best of luck to all playing.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 21, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »

it's all very well saying things with hindsight, and hopefully lessons have been learned for season 3 as you said.  The main problem as far as I can see is that despite a forum championship being planned since the beginning of the season, the actual organisation of the events seems only have been thought through very recently.  Some advance planning (eg maybe advertising the competition on forums several months ago and asking for forums wishing to enter a team to let apat know some time in the spring), might have been a better way around it.  It would have been clear then before forums started selecting teams how many spaces were up for grabs.

I have to agree with mondatoo that the impression from this thread was, from the start, that we would be able to enter more than one team, and it only became apparent later on that there was more interest than anticipated.  Indeed I do believe it was said somewhere 'some forums have filled 5 teams - no pressure' (or words to that effect, I'm quoting from memory).

That said, I hope the event is a resounding successs for APAT and, of course, that blonde take it down!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 21, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »

Des, it's a learning process so obviously mistakes have been made and because of that I'm not going to criticise. however I would like to suggest that you don't blinker yourself to the mistakes or nothing will be learned. of the 20 forums I only regularly read 2 and both of those were under the impression that multiple teams could be entered right up to a week ago, add in the Chezger guys who I'm sure thought the same despite only planning on entering 1 and we're 3 for 3.

on the +ve side thanks for listening to feedback on the format, people listening to players makes a real change in poker, a breath of fresh air.

see you in Blackpool, looking forward to it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »

Thanks for the additional comments guys, I can assure you they will be taken on board.  We don't like letting people down.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2008, 03:26:10 PM »

To be fair everyone, a thread on the Forum Championship is running on every major forum in the UK at the moment and no other forum has questioned the entry method or timings....

They lack confidence.

You can always rely on Blonde for whinging  complaining  moaning constructive criticism

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 21, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »

As I said to Kin b4 the quilifying tourny's I am happy to step down for someone who may have booked accomodation. I tend not to book until I know for sure I am in so therefore as yet not booked owt. Just don't want to see anyone losing dosh.

I can not see many other ways for Kin to have decided who plays apart from hand picking the team and I still feel that by doing it that way some people will still have had to be dissapointed. He made a captains decision which he felt was right. After all that is what captains are for.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 21, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »

what time is kick off? need to work out transport

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 21, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »

des you know i hate doing things at last moment and i cant be the only 1

i was hoping to make the team for this but up untill recently it was a series of 20 man comps

there is no way i will play in a MTT team comp

i am lucky i handt wasted £300+ on travel and hotels for this espically as it seemed we might be able to have 2 teams

its not a hard thing to do is having all the details of all the comps sorted before the start of the season

you have done it for the nationals and regionals this year and did it very well (even if i dont feel there is enough time the facts are laid out infront of us all and we know where we are)

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2008, 11:38:57 PM »

As I see it, there's only one way you can make this up, see you at the bar Des Cheesy

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 22, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »

As I see it, there's only one way you can make this up, see you at the bar Des Cheesy

you don't need to be made up to - you are playing Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 22, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »

you don't need to be made up to - you are playing Cheesy

shush you Wink

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: June 22, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »

Some bad news and some good news.

First the bad news.  Snatty cannot play that weekend now, and so we'll be without his services and shoes for the weekend.  Cry

Second the good news.  Sheriff Fatman now takes his place in the side, recovering from his sick beat I dished out.  He has some shoes to fill, but he's the man to do it.  thumbs up

Our team has now been entered on the APAT forum:

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=1586.msg24888#msg24888

Huh?  kinboshi 
 Tongue  Newportlad
 Cheesy  Flea
 Roll Eyes  DONK619
 Kiss  The_nun
 Smiley  Robert HM
 Cool  EvilPie
   StuartHopkin
 Shocked  gatso
 Wink  Sheriff Fatman

Looks like a fairly decent team to me.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 22, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »

Think we should remember that Des never actually said we could have two teams. They said it was looking like we would be able to have two teams. It could have been finalised earlier, but we all got a little carried away organising a second team before it was confirmed.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 22, 2008, 11:46:15 AM »

Think we should remember that Des never actually said we could have two teams. They said it was looking like we would be able to have two teams. It could have been finalised earlier, but we all got a little carried away organising a second team before it was confirmed.

Now I have been quiet on this subject for a while. I take Des to be a good bloke who has just made a mistake. Of course the only person wwho didn't get anything wrong was the person who did nothing in the first place. All I would say is that all that needs doing is one team per forum regardless in the rules from day one problem sorted.

To all going "bring home the bacon"

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 22, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »

what time is kick off? need to work out transport

anyone?

and boo to the bad news but yay to the good news

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »