blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fold the nuts?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fold the nuts?  (Read 3694 times)
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »

When you raised from the Big Blind preflop apart from the dream flop of  Two Clubs three clubs what were you hoping to hit on the flop?

Anything that leaves me with a wrap (pref. rainbow, at worst with clubs). Trips. The nut straight.  A raggy board like K-7-2 or A-8-3 that I can usually taken down with a bet, a low paired board where I can rep the overpair and at this level ppl don't float. Decent two pair on an non-threatening board. Full houses, Quads, Straight flushes...etc

Is it likely to be profitable in the long term raising preflop OOP with hands like this. I don't mean to be rude its just I feel you would be better off raising with hands like these in position either on the button or cut off and then once the flop has landed you can re-evaluate your position.
Maybe its because online play has changed the way people play hands OOP but to me having been brought up on live play position was the most important thing and even more so in cash games then tournaments. Judging by a lot of the comments on this thread maybe I should be looking to change my game and mix it up more and not just look to make moves when I'm in position.
Another trait I've noticed online recently in Hi/Lo is the number of times people won't put the Lo nut hand down when they've got no Hi hand and they wind up getting quartered and do money unneccessarily in pots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: