blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:25:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy  (Read 73771 times)
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »

I  have realised that as I get older there is no doubt that I am becoming a cross between Victor Meldrew and Albert Steptoe , a sort of dirty old man with attitude but I am so fed up with one particular aspect of society that I have come on here to have a good rant.....

Yet again this morning whilst tuning in to a radio station I heard a health expert droning on about the risks of being overweight. In the last few months I have seen stories about charging more on airlines for fat people, how it is fat peoples fault that they are fat, the extra strain that fat people put on the health service. Obesity amongst children is on the increase. All of this whilst society believes that the norm is thin. Thin is good. Fat people have bad body odour. Thin people don't. Constant images of some fat person walking down the High Street with half their arse falling out the back of their jeans. All generalisations that don't withstand a second of hard scrutiny. And who is this society anyway? Of course it us. You. Me. We all influence in some sort of way whether actively or passively. I have over the past few years been described in many ways about my physical appearance. None of them pleasant and none of them necessary and over a period of time they have worn me down and now I am going to conform to what SOCIETY thinks I should look like.

To this end tomorrow I am going on to a severe weight loss program. Probably with some critical side effects that will leave me ill in some way. Don't ask me why I don't take more exercise and have a sensible diet. This just does not work for me. Tried it so many times it feels like death by a thousand cuts. Done the fart plan, the heart plan and green and red days. Done the Atkins. so now live and in your living room I am going to do "Lighter Life" or the not so heavy at death course (needless to say at that point I may well be senile anyway). I am going to post on here the whole thing fear, cost, result, mood swings the whole lot and you are going to suffer it with me.

Am I dreading it? You had better believe it. Roll on tomorrow morning........and see some of you tomorrow afternoon.

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:21:30 AM »

Good Luck, if it helps I know 2 people that have done this and it worked fantastically for them. They are so happy and feel great, look great too.

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

Good luck Snat.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »

Good Luck Snatty, Debbie did it and stuck to it and it worked wonders. Unfortunately she had some more bother with her thyroid (we think still trying to get a clear answer) and she has put it back on. However she is starting again next week and i'm sure she will be glad to answer any questions you have of someone who has been through the process this weekend.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 11:30:36 AM »

why didn't atkins work iyo?
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO your lovely as you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 11:46:37 AM »

Gl mate, Im actually in the process of doing the same. Aim is to be avg weight by the end of 08, 2 stone down, 4 to go.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO your lovely as you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he is  too Dewi, but some are not happy in thier skin. I discuss this many times with folk. Me personaly I have a different attitude to life now. If you don't like what you see , don't look.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »

Having tried many plans myself, I am interested to see what this involves Phil, how much it costs etc etc

and does it give you a willpower pill too?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »

I  have realised that as I get older there is no doubt that I am becoming a cross between Victor Meldrew and Albert Steptoe , a sort of dirty old man with attitude but I am so fed up with one particular aspect of society that I have come on here to have a good rant.....

Yet again this morning whilst tuning in to a radio station I heard a health expert droning on about the risks of being overweight. In the last few months I have seen stories about charging more on airlines for fat people, how it is fat peoples fault that they are fat, the extra strain that fat people put on the health service. Obesity amongst children is on the increase. All of this whilst society believes that the norm is thin. Thin is good. Fat people have bad body odour. Thin people don't. Constant images of some fat person walking down the High Street with half their arse falling out the back of their jeans. All generalisations that don't withstand a second of hard scrutiny. And who is this society anyway? Of course it us. You. Me. We all influence in some sort of way whether actively or passively. I have over the past few years been described in many ways about my physical appearance. None of them pleasant and none of them necessary and over a period of time they have worn me down and now I am going to conform to what SOCIETY thinks I should look like.

To this end tomorrow I am going on to a severe weight loss program. Probably with some critical side effects that will leave me ill in some way. Don't ask me why I don't take more exercise and have a sensible diet. This just does not work for me. Tried it so many times it feels like death by a thousand cuts. Done the fart plan, the heart plan and green and red days. Done the Atkins. so now live and in your living room I am going to do "Lighter Life" or the not so heavy at death course (needless to say at that point I may well be senile anyway). I am going to post on here the whole thing fear, cost, result, mood swings the whole lot and you are going to suffer it with me.

Am I dreading it? You had better believe it. Roll on tomorrow morning........and see some of you tomorrow afternoon.

Snatty. You are definitely up there in my top 3 when it comes to having a rant.

I take my hat off to you. 

Good luck.

The older I get, the better I was.
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »

Having tried many plans myself, I am interested to see what this involves Phil, how much it costs etc etc

and does it give you a willpower pill too?

and good luck...

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »

so you eat very low calories, your body goes into starvation mode, stores fat and eats muscle. the less muscle you have the lower your metabolism and calories you burn every day. I have heard and I dunno if it's true that if you put on 6 pounds of muscle you burn 300 more calories a day, thus the 2p2 fitness forum's mantra - if you wanna lose weight lift heavy shit. If you wanna have 4 shakes and 1000 cals or whatever a day I guess you could just do it yourself? but seriously I am 100% certain that if you get a fitness instructor to come round your house 3 times a week which will prob cost like £5K a year and cut out some starch and refined carbs you will lose a ton of fat without having to starve yourself. but whatever, GL with it
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-009-diet

seems like the same kinda thing, think lot of threads about people who have tried this on forums like t nation and bodybuilding.com
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 12:35:25 PM »

If calories in > calories used then you will put on weight.
If calories in < calories used then you will lose weight.

That's the crux of any approach to weight-loss (I hate the word diet as it omits half of the equation).

I'd suggest a low-fat diet is better (low in saturated and hydrogenated fats in particular) for your health, but the benefits of a low-fat diet (for health reasons) will be more important to some than others.

Good luck with whatever you do thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 12:47:36 PM »

Today on Yahoo

LONDON (AFP) - England, famous across the world as the country of Shakespeare, royalty, fair play and manners, is a nation of "overweight, sex-and-celebrity-obsessed TV addicts", according to a new tourist guide.

(Advertisement)
The "Rough Guide to England", which was written by four British travel writers, says that there is nowhere "so fascinating, beautiful and culturally diverse, yet as insular, self-important and irritating, as England".

The country has been scarred by the 2005 London bombings and the Iraq war, making it a "querulous, quarrelsome country" that could be in the grip of an identity crisis, it says.

English people may hold forth on politics, law and order and immigration, but also lap up "celebrity chit-chat".

"As a glance at the tabloid newspapers will confirm, England is a nation of overweight, binge-drinking reality TV addicts," it says.

Reserve is still a key national trait -- attempting a conversation with a stranger "can be seen as tantamount to physical assault", the guide says -- and a person's accent is the equivalent of a consumer brand.

Social inequality is rife, too, as "a tiny aristocracy, who in some cases trace their roots to the Norman Conquest of the eleventh century, still own most of the land" and there is an attack on creeping materialism.

The guide also rails against "identikit" provincial towns and "overpriced, under-funded public transport".

Foreign tourists are also warned that the English are "the most contradictory people imaginable".

"However long you spend in the country you'll never figure them out," it adds.

But the guide is not entirely negative, reserving a soft spot for the country's love of animals, generosity to charities, irony, its openness to refugees, thriving arts and culture and the soothing quality of BBC Radio 4.

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: