blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  what I did this weekend, a story
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what I did this weekend, a story  (Read 61795 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 10:52:29 PM »

Sadly I was completely sober but still managed to nearly pee myself like any decent drunk would do   Cheesy
Great precis and I can't deny any of that.....although of course I have explanations but they would only make it worse 

Wonderful table - I have never laughed so much at a poker table ever. 

please post your explanations. they were golden but I didn't feel I could do them justice so left them out

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »

This is our new friend Gazza (he was happy for us to call him this once we'd explained why we kept looking at him and laughing) doing an impression of Gazza

Click to see full-size image.

and this is him posing next to a photo of Gazza on the computer screen

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »

First hand I play I flop jacks full and get paid on every street, lovely stuff so I can relax a bit now.

Dingdell’s in every pot against a lady at the other end of the table, they’re both in the same masterclass with Paul Jackson and Tracey is telling us how they know each other’s moves because of that. Obviously we latch onto this and her every move is now met with the question ‘did Paul tell you to do that?’.  It gets a bit ridic when we move onto ‘did Paul tell you to get that salad?’ and other similar questions. We then moved onto ‘what does Paul know anyway? What’s he famous for? He once lost a pot against Phil Ivey right? And that’s all he’s famous for?’.

Right in the middle of this our future new best friend sat down at the other end of the table. Here he is.

Pretty much as soon as he’s sat down we all get chatting and he tells us how he’s a Mackem and hates Geordies.
Ding now leans over and whispers ‘is that Gazza?’.
Once we’d picked ourselves up off the floor we explained that apart from the fact he didn’t particularly sound like him, looked nothing like him and was a Mackem it was highly unlikely Gazza would be here as he’d just been sectioned. Tracey has a quick think about this before saying ‘like that British boxer Bruce Willis?’.
We’re now all in hysterics, tears streaming down faces but it didn’t stop there. We had to explain to Trace about Mackems and Geordies and how they hate each other, ‘oh, is it like the Roses and the Capulets?’ she asked.
I think it was at about this point that the dealer had to call the floor as half the table was incapable of playing due to laughing too much.
Tracey still not really getting the whole Mackem thing now told us that her favourite Macca was Paul McCartney.
The killer was yet to come though. She leant over to Diceman and whispered ‘I think I’ve made a mistake, I meant Steve Davis’.

ok - here goes:

Pretty much as soon as he’s sat down we all get chatting and he tells us how he’s a Mackem and hates Geordies.
Once we’d picked ourselves up off the floor we explained that apart from the fact he didn’t particularly sound like him, looked nothing like him

He does look a bit like Gazza and with the geordie accent he could easily have been him (had he not been in hospital). But I think where i went wrong was that he looked like Gazza a few years ago and obv since he's not been in the papers much I haven't really kept up with how he's looking now.

it was highly unlikely Gazza would be here as he’d just been sectioned. Tracey has a quick think about this before saying ‘like that British boxer Bruce Willis?’.

I have a way of parallel thinking sometimes - I jump ahead of myself or something like that - anyway I wanted to say Frank bruno (I could see him in my mind) but got to the surname first and started saying Br....as if to say bruno and it came out bruce willis.

We’re now all in hysterics, tears streaming down faces but it didn’t stop there. We had to explain to Trace about Mackems and Geordies and how they hate each other, ‘oh, is it like the Roses and the Capulets?’ she asked.
I think it was at about this point that the dealer had to call the floor as half the table was incapable of playing due to laughing too much.

I was trying to decide whether to suggest it was similar to the war of the roses or the montagues and capulets but put them together....I knew there had been a war and the geordies were involved and it sort of worked....

Tracey still not really getting the whole Mackem thing now told us that her favourite Macca was Paul McCartney.

I really didn't get that Mackem thing - I still don't have a clue what it is - I thought you were all saying macca which I found confusing because I couldn't see how gazza could be called macca but I thought maybe it was a football thing. But as we were discussing who liked and dislikes which Macca I thought I'd put forward my favourite macca - the beatle Paul McCartney. i was just trying to make a contribution to the conversation  

The killer was yet to come though. She leant over to Diceman and whispered ‘I think I’ve made a mistake, I meant Steve Davis’.

yep - that was embarrasing - it was his geordie accent that confused me - he sounded like Gazza but looked like Steve davies and even he confirmed that he was often confused for steve davies. But when he did that thing with hsi eyes he looked a lot like Gazza too so if Gazza's dad had had a bike it was possible.

I knew everystep of the way what i was thinking - it just didn't seem to come out the way it was intended. Good fun though  Cheesy
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »

ok - here goes:

Once we’d picked ourselves up off the floor we explained that apart from the fact he didn’t particularly sound like him, looked nothing like him

He does look a bit like Gazza and with the geordie accent he could easily have been him (had he not been in hospital). But I think where i went wrong was that he looked like Gazza a few years ago and obv since he's not been in the papers much I haven't really kept up with how he's looking now.

it was highly unlikely Gazza would be here as he’d just been sectioned. Tracey has a quick think about this before saying ‘like that British boxer Bruce Willis?’.

I have a way of parallel thinking sometimes - I jump ahead of myself or something like that - anyway I wanted to say Frank bruno (I could see him in my mind) but got to the surname first and started saying Br....as if to say bruno and it came out bruce willis.

I was trying to decide whether to suggest it was similar to the war of the roses or the montagues and capulets but put them together....I knew there had been a war and the geordies were involved and it sort of worked....

I really didn't get that Mackem thing - I still don't have a clue what it is - I thought you were all saying macca which I found confusing because I couldn't see how gazza could be called macca but I thought maybe it was a football thing. But as we were discussing who liked and dislikes which Macca I thought I'd put forward my favourite macca - the beatle Paul McCartney. i was just trying to make a contribution to the conversation 

yep - that was embarrasing - it was his geordie accent that confused me - he sounded like Gazza but looked like Steve davies and even he confirmed that he was often confused for steve davies. But when he did that thing with hsi eyes he looked a lot like Gazza too so if Gazza's dad had had a bike it was possible.

I knew everystep of the way what i was thinking - it just didn't seem to come out the way it was intended. Good fun though  Cheesy

superb, I'm in tears again. especially at this bit-

I knew there had been a war and the geordies were involved and it sort of worked....

which war was that then?

you're the greatest Trace

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 11:13:25 PM »

ok - here goes:

I knew everystep of the way what i was thinking - it just didn't seem to come out the way it was intended. Good fun though  Cheesy

superb, I'm in tears again. especially at this bit-

I knew there had been a war and the geordies were involved and it sort of worked....

which war was that then?

you're the greatest Trace

The war of the roses?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »

Tracey was right on one thing

the war that involved the Geordies was when Hadrian Heath was up there on that long march from Liverpool in 3AD, hence the wall being named after him.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »

the war that involved the Geordies was when Hadrian Heath was up there on that long march from Liverpool in 3AD, hence the wall being named after him.

Obv that was what i was alluding to - but thank you Tight for confirming it. I can be such a luckbox on the river  Grin
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 11:21:46 PM »

Quality Tighty son, absolute quality 

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24:06 PM »

Obv that was what i was alluding to - but thank you Tight for confirming it. I can be such a luckbox on the river  Grin

now I'm crying even harder.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24:49 PM »

Fk my life - I've just googled it.  
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »

I hope there are some script writers reading, theres a sit com here just waiting to be picked up on.

abs fkin hysterical

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »

>:? >:?

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 11:29:34 PM »

Tracey, you are on the top of my "would like to meet" at the next BB!!!!

Tighty (Legend) + Dingbell = Comedy Gold!!!!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »

I hope there are some script writers reading, theres a sit com here just waiting to be picked up on.

abs fkin hysterical

and we've yet to get to saturday night's cash game with Ding

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:06 PM »

Tracey, you are on the top of my "would like to meet" at the next BB!!!!

Tighty (Legend) + Dingbell = Comedy Gold!!!!

We're here all week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: