blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 09:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273349 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  £50 rebuy at Luton last night
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £50 rebuy at Luton last night  (Read 7568 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 12:40:20 AM »

ok thanks so far.

Turn comes a  Two Clubs

so board now reads  Two Diamonds   Two Clubs

He bets the pot.

Now what? I have the feeling he's missed and is representing a blinds type hand. I don't think he has anything but I don't know how I know that and obv could be wrong but gut instinct says he has nothing.

You answer your own question here...... All in on the turn.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »

yeah, sucks when he has 77 though/
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 04:35:16 AM »

Raise less pre, 600 is what i would make it.

If you have a resonably agg image and he is similar then i am betting to induce on the flop so something like 800.

As played fispump jam the turn, you are only behind here if he is a really bad player.

What does that mean please?

Means punch the air and celebrate as you shove the rest of your chips into this ridic high EV spot.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 05:02:35 AM »

Raise less pre, 600 is what i would make it.

If you have a resonably agg image and he is similar then i am betting to induce on the flop so something like 800.

As played fispump jam the turn, you are only behind here if he is a really bad player.

What does that mean please?

Means punch the air and celebrate as you shove the rest of your chips into this ridic high EV spot.

why is shipping the turn better then calling the turn?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »

Posted by: Dingdell
If he were to come over the top what info have I gained? I could still be ahead but folding to an all in raise.
You say that you probably should c-bet but you are concerned he might come over the top. So your doubt prevents you making the play you think is correct. The reality is that an opponent coming over the top of the pre-flop raiser is a big, risky move and as such is the most unlikely scenario. Certainly less likely than your doubt suggests it is, and especially because the board doesn't have any drawing interest.

Tournament poker is a lot about exposing doubt in your opponents, so if he does come over the top he may get you to fold the best hand by exposing YOUR doubt, but fair play to him. Much better for you to pressure HIS doubt by c-betting and putting HIM in the quandary of whether to make this big move than to check and let him off, just in case he does. You gain much better information about how he wants to play the hand out this way. If you check you are basically just inviting him to bet the turn and he could do this with any hand. He may badly want to raise you, but thinking it and doing it are two different things entirely.

On reflection I think I'm agreeing with everything you are saying here - can you just expand on this point please as I'm not sure what you mean by that. Tnx
If you have won a number of recent pots off this guy without showing you can't raise him off this one as well can you? How can you have yet another hand? He must surely suspect you're not that strong AGAIN. So he must come over the top this time, right? I find a number of players, particularly female, think this way because they are a little less ruthless than men. The fact that you've hammered this guy a bit means that you are more wary about being caught this time, and this doubt leads you through the hand more than it should. Bugger this guy. If he wants to call one of Dingdell's raises then he should expect pain right? Don't disappoint him.

Unless you fold the turn Trace, you will be putting in much more than the 800 chips a c-bet would have cost you, so avoiding it is more dangerous than embracing it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »

If he were to come over the top what info have I gained? I could still be ahead but folding to an all in raise.
You say that you probably should c-bet but you are concerned he might come over the top. So your doubt prevents you making the play you think is correct. The reality is that an opponent coming over the top of the pre-flop raiser is a big, risky move and as such is the most unlikely scenario. Certainly less likely than your doubt suggests it is, and especially because the board doesn't have any drawing interest.

Tournament poker is a lot about exposing doubt in your opponents, so if he does come over the top he may get you to fold the best hand by exposing YOUR doubt, but fair play to him. Much better for you to pressure HIS doubt by c-betting and putting HIM in the quandary of whether to make this big move than to check and let him off, just in case he does. You gain much better information about how he wants to play the hand out this way. If you check you are basically just inviting him to bet the turn and he could do this with any hand. He may badly want to raise you, but thinking it and doing it are two different things entirely.

On reflection I think I'm agreeing with everything you are saying here - can you just expand on this point please as I'm not sure what you mean by that. Tnx
If you have won a number of recent pots off this guy without showing you can't raise him off this one as well can you? How can you have yet another hand? He must surely suspect you're not that strong AGAIN. So he must come over the top this time, right? I find a number of players, particularly female, think this way because they are a little less ruthless than men. The fact that you've hammered this guy a bit means that you are more wary about being caught this time, and this doubt leads you through the hand more than it should. Bugger this guy. If he wants to call one of Dingdell's raises then he should expect pain right? Don't disappoint him.
Unless you fold the turn Trace, you will be putting in much more than the 800 chips a c-bet would have cost you, so avoiding it is more dangerous than embracing it.

Yeehah!! That's exactly what I was thinking - I have folded hands early doors even if they are good raising hands just because I've been hammering the table and worried I might not get that one through....amazing insight - thank you.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »

If he's got a good hand here then he checks again to give the original raiser one more chance to bet out. He's got no reason to bet the 2 other than to buy the pot or if he's very good to make it look like he's trying to buy the pot.

I don't like to c bet the flop here. Your hand isn't strong enough to fight back if he raises and the c bet is so predictable he might raise you if he's seen weakness in you previously.

Checking the flop and then jamming to his bet on the turn looks really strong. He's bet the turn trying to take the pot down because you looked weak on the flop. Raise him all in and he folds like a baby and you get to smile smuggly to yourself.

You definitely can't call here because he will put you all in on the river and then you're screwed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:25:07 AM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 11:19:02 AM »

Checking the flop and then jamming to his bet on the turn looks really strong. He's bet the turn trying to take the pot down because you looked weak on the flop. Raise him all in and he folds like a baby and you get to smile smuggly to yourself.

You definitely can't call here bacause he will put you all in on the river and then you're screwed.

the man, and Flushy, said it. As played the chips go in.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »

ok thanks so far.

Turn comes a  Two Clubs

so board now reads  Two Diamonds   Two Clubs

He bets the pot.

Now what? I have the feeling he's missed and is representing a blinds type hand. I don't think he has anything but I don't know how I know that and obv could be wrong but gut instinct says he has nothing.

I figure I am ahead - I don't think the 2 has helped - my thought process is if I fold I'm having to grind - and if I won I'm above avergae chips.

I decided to push all in. Delighted that there is no instacall. He dwells for some time and then calls my all in with .

River card is   - happy days.

Thanks for the advice guys - really helpful - I'm off to practice...
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 11:38:51 AM »

I figure I am ahead - I don't think the 2 has helped - my thought process is if I fold I'm having to grind - and if I won I'm above avergae chips.

I used to be a grinder until Flushy took the piss out of me a few times when I posted. I took the advice on board and now know that what you have done here is the only way to play.

To quote one of his comments "I thought the idea was to get all of the chips"

He's right! Well played Dingdell 

EDIT: I haven't won anything since but at least I get to be CL more often now Grin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:44:22 AM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »

Well played indeed. Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »

NIce play tracey

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 05:19:01 PM »

Tracey, it is nice to see that you are looking to analyze a hand that you won.  Too many people win a hand and think that they played it right every time.
Good players dont only analyze the hands they lost but also the ones that they won.

Well played on the turn.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »

I had about 4500 and he covered me - he had over 10k

alot ofpeople wont agree with me but i can find an argument for just jamming here
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 11:47:06 PM »

You must continue here to define your hand..you have position and are the orignal aggressor and will take the pot down there and then a lot of the time.

His action after the continuation will give u massive information about his hand.

The turn bet makes no sense and is nearly always a stab because u showed weakness on the flop. If he has a 2 the bet is too big and likely to frighten u away .

im probably moving in...if he has it all well and good....with luton standard at the mo he prob called u out of position with a rag ace or KJ...

wrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: