blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:44:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  How much does your household spend on food?
Poll
Question: How much does your household spend on food per person per day?
<£2 per person per day
£2-£4 per person per day
£5 per person per day
£6-£8 per person per day
>£8 per person per day

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much does your household spend on food?  (Read 3036 times)
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 03:44:17 PM »

I have calculated that for my household of two people we spend £5 per person per day (for all food and drink at home and eating out), which is the luxury budget on Big Brother but doesn't seem much of a luxury to me.

How does everyone else fit in and should I aim to reduce my spend.

Also has anyone else noticed their spend skyrocket this year?

You must be a pair of mice.

That reminds me, we pay for two cats out of that aswell.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »

Ashamed to admit this, but Bolt's post reminded me.....

My mates and I used to spend our school dinner money on ciggies, then steal rolls from the canteen at lunchtime.  How we never got caught (smoking OR stealing) I don't know.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »

Over £8 easy, even without booze.

Seriously? How do you manage that, or do you dine on lobster (or eat out a lot)?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »

the fruit machine and bomber jack in the train station used to get my £1 a day

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 04:16:37 PM »

I remember one lunchtime i had to meet my dad to get some new trainers so he gives me 50 pound for a pair of classics to go get them while he waits in the bettong shop then we were going for luch, but i didnt get past segazone and spunked the lot in the fruit machines and then went back to met my dad who was NOT happy and bowled in segazone asking how they can let a 14 year old in the 18+ section and that they better give the money back or it was all gonna go off and they gave it back, my dad then wisely accompanied me to cobra sports and baught the trainers for me!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »

Seriously? How do you manage that, or do you dine on lobster (or eat out a lot)?

Hardly ever eat out, except when I'm at DTD

We just like food, I guess .

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »

Hardly ever eat out, except when I'm at DTD

We just like food, I guess .

fair enough..was just curious..I'm actually surprised at how little MrsB and I spend because, come to think of it, our weekly shop includes non-food items as well..so it must be lower than 7£

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »

I remember one lunchtime i had to meet my dad to get some new trainers so he gives me 50 pound for a pair of classics to go get them while he waits in the bettong shop then we were going for luch, but i didnt get past segazone and spunked the lot in the fruit machines and then went back to met my dad who was NOT happy and bowled in segazone asking how they can let a 14 year old in the 18+ section and that they better give the money back or it was all gonna go off and they gave it back, my dad then wisely accompanied me to cobra sports and baught the trainers for me!

result  thumbs up
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 04:38:06 PM »

If I stay in I may well consume between £6 and £10 in wine alone, far more than my food costs, as I do enjoy cooking at home even just for me, and rarely order take-aways.

Only a singleton can really appreciate true self-indulgence..
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:26:47 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MrsBoldie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

..MrsB might will know better than me but I reckon our weekly shop is about £60..+ say £20 for stuff we runout of during the week...MrsB buys her lunch at the office a few days a week so that'll be a tenner or so (just a guess)...

Say 100£ between us...14£ a day 2 people, 7£'ish.

I honestly couldn't tell you if we spend more on food now than we did a year ago though..I just give MrsB the pay and she sorts out the bills...and my pocketmoney Smiley

Hmm - I think that's an over-estimation.  Average weekly shop is about £50 and that includes toiletries and cleaning products etc.   As we only occassionally buy meat I think you can safely take this down to around £4 - £5 a day.   It is a bit more than a year ago but not much.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 06:22:42 PM »

Our weekly spend is £100 . Then we have to pop to the shops during the week for Milk/Bread.

Mind you, our oldest boy has moved out so I hope this comes down now.

When all 6 of the little darlings were living at home, our weekly shop was between £140-£150 !!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: