blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  [ X ] I run so bad!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [ X ] I run so bad!  (Read 4776 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »

This is top quality pub poker here!!

I have played with this guy numerous times, i knew he hadnt hit the K and wanted to make my flush before commiting to the pot.

And i jammed when i hit as i was happy to take the pot down also hoping he was gong to call with an inferior hand which he did do!

Ok so we know he doesn't have a K, this means any J T or diamond will win for us (we will hit approx 50% of the time) so we can jam and win the pot right there, or we can jam get called and win an overlayed race.

Now when we hit and have him probably drawing very thin you want to jam, you weren't happy to take what was in the pot before but now he has only committed an extra 4k you want to take it down? This is the point where you should be calling to allow him to get more chips into the pot.

It seems to me like you are playing reverse poker or something, trying to juice the pots up when you are behind then trying to close them down when you are miles ahead!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 02:12:19 PM »

I think u did ok when u got ur chips in with the made hand.im jamming the flop though.its a sore bad beat,ul.certain players don,t like bad beat stories here.so i for 1 wont mention the outragious exit in saturdays live local tourney when i called an an all in pre holding KK,oppo tables K9s and the board  turns him a flush.oh fk.i just mentioned it.FML.

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 02:14:30 PM »

I have played with this guy numerous times, i knew he hadnt hit the K and wanted to make my flush before commiting to the pot.

And i jammed when i hit as i was happy to take the pot down also hoping he was gong to call with an inferior hand which he did do!

Ok so we know he doesn't have a K, this means any J T or diamond will win for us (we will hit approx 50% of the time) so we can jam and win the pot right there, or we can jam get called and win an overlayed race.

Now when we hit and have him probably drawing very thin you want to jam, you weren't happy to take what was in the pot before but now he has only committed an extra 4k you want to take it down? This is the point where you should be calling to allow him to get more chips into the pot.

It seems to me like you are playing reverse poker or something, trying to juice the pots up when you are behind then trying to close them down when you are miles ahead!!

Think you have hit the nail on the head there! Something il take a look at in my game!

Thanks for the advice. Im just a recreational player so its good to be given advice on such matters so i can avoid these situations when they crop up again! Cheers  thumbs up

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »

Jeeeebos, you have been torn up in this thread m8 lol

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

LOL yea i know! I dont take it personally!!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »

it's actually called upside down poker coz he's in Oz

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 02:48:29 PM »

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »

A+

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »

Nothing personal meant...... but you had a nice pot on the flop already...u have to jam..u r 6-4 fav already and his never calling with a 6 and 9 kicker...unless his american of course..lol...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Woody502

Football legend!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 12:34:59 AM »

[X] somebody hasnt played pub poker in Australia! 

If they connect with any part of the flop they are usually seeing the turn and river cards. If he/she is drunk they are definately seeing the turn and river cards at any price lol. 

It aint poker folks its 5 card pub bingo.

Nothing personal meant...... but you had a nice pot on the flop already...u have to jam..u r 6-4 fav already and his never calling with a 6 and 9 kicker...unless his american of course..lol...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:36:48 AM by Woody502 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: