blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Gaggleokings WPT £3k Main.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gaggleokings WPT £3k Main.  (Read 7173 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 01:20:18 AM »

He bust tens to middys Kings (live updates on pokernews)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 02:04:35 AM »

Review:

Levels 1-2

Table draw was good, deffo coulda been worse. A lot of open limping going on, and a few guys who seemed pretty inexperienced. There was one annoying pot I lost when I peeled an open with   from the BTN vs a HiJack open to 400 @ bb 150 (we were both well over 200bbs deep) everyone else folds,   , he bets 500, I decide to peel one off as theres a lot of good turn cards for me (spades, 5 s- which he'll shut down on tons, 8 s , 9 s, Jacks, and probably gives up on a lot of other turns)...etc , turn was   , he checks, I bet 900 he calls. River is a   , he checks, I bet 2600, he calls and shows the   for a very optimistic call as I literally have to have the hand I hand AND have decided to float a flop. Oh well...... This pot aside, we had no other hiccups in chipping up to 35k by first break.

Levels 3-4

Table still good, no one moved. Only hand of note was opening   to 500 @ bb200 / ante25, getting 3bet by a guy who was going beserk down the end of the table (his BTN) to 1400, and deciding to peel instead of 4betting. This turned out to be a mistake as he bet / bet / checked back on   two spades two hearts and showed down   which was pretty annoying as he tanked river for 2-3 mins, and was playing with his chips before he decided to check back in the end. In hindsight I regret my decision not to 4b this particular instance but I think hes light there so so much of the time that peeling / letting him barrel is prob better longterm. With the inclusion of this pot we ended these 2 levels with slightly under 40k.

Levels 5-6

The table got worse for us when Stato was sat at the table, but 3 seats to my right. Most frustrating two levels by far. Started perfectly - UTG opening to 700 @ bb300/a25 (has got a stack and is opening a lot, will refer to him as table captain for rest of this), Guy from MP (who called us down with AQ, and was having some banter with UTG) 3bets to 1800, we find   on the button and make it 4100, UTG folds and MP calls.   three diamonds flop. Check, check.   he bets 5200, I call. River  , he checks, I set him in for his remaining 15k, he tanks for a good 5 mins and calls... it turns out he called me with   after the dealer accidently flipped his cards when trying to muck them. Around an 3 orbits later, @ bb400/a50, table captain opens to 900, I find   on the BTN and 3bet to 2500, guy in BB who has been getting beat up all day and looked clearly over it cold 4 bets to 6100, captain folds, I set him in for his 22k stack and he has the   . Back to 40k.

Levels 7-8

Table gets worse again, Middy joins. Float around the 40k mark for a bit, then the significant hand happens: Open   from HJ to 1400 @ bb600/a50. Guy (who had chipped up quite well up to now without showdown, however the way he handled chips made him seem quite inexperienced - at live poker atleast) peels SB. BB folds.   flop, he checks, I bet 1600 he calls. Turn   , he checks, I bet 3100 (will explain after) he fumbles some chips, cuts out raising chips and in the end after 2 mins decides to make a call and looks super uncomfortable about it. River  , he checks, I bet 7700, he tanks for atleast 3-4 mins before flicking in a call. He shows down   (yep A8 off suit peeled from SB, and called turn without a diamond). I know 77 isn't a great hand to barrel this board with, especially on this run out, however the way he was acting made me feel he didn't have a great hand, which it turned out he didn't. I hadn't really taken too many hands to showdown myself so I kinda feel like he was just interested to see what I had which was a bit annoying, pretty sure he almost folded as well. We we're now down to 22k ish, which we quickly chipped up to 40k again by winning small pots without showdown.

Level 9

BB 800, Middy is BB and just gets to table as dealer drags in his cards, so its dead BB. I'm UTG+1 and find   , make it 1800. SB defends.   flop. Check, I bet 2500, he calls. Turn  , check / check. River   three clubs. He bets 2500, I sigh call getting like 5/1 and he had   . Next hand is boring. Then its Middys BTN, CO and HJ - all 3 times theres an open before him, all 3 times he 3bets and either gets it through or barrels them off post flop. Hand after guy to Middys right raises (2nd hand in a row) to 1700, Middy 3bets for 4th time in a row to 4700, I cold 4bet to 8300 with   , he asks how much I started the hand with (31k) before making it like 19k and committing himself. 10s too good to 4b fold vs someone so wild with 35bbs, we get it in he has   and the board bricks for us - 30 mins before the end of the day. How he finds KK after being so f relentless is beyond me!

Sorry guys!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: