blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Rookies starting live life at a high level
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookies starting live life at a high level  (Read 4345 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 07:52:31 PM »

Thing is half the time you want these people in...all you have to do is avoid being unlucky...cos they play cards not poker..big difference.

You only want them in half the time?!!!

TBH I am guilty as charged on this one.
Have only been playing live a few months and tourneys isn't my best suit, but can't be arsed to give the time and effort to travel for a £25 jobbie that only means something if you finish top 2.

Most of the people who are doing this are playing with money they can afford to lose, so I can't see why it's an issue.

Half the time cos it is extremely difficult to put an inexperienced player on a hand as they sometimes assume calling raises with K4 suited is a good call.

Dont think Chompy's point is an issue so much more an observation....you also find people playing these comps who clearly cant afford it and are hoping there limited skills will bring them a big pay off..
Is this nothing to do with you needing to change your game to adapt to them? Stating that you don't like it cos you can't put them on a hand is very lol.
As to them being unsociable, think a lot of the time they are just new to the live game and intimidated by the regulars, who tend to moan non stop.
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »

lol @ people complaining about new players giving waning to give them more money.

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »

apologies - i know i've only been going for a few months once every now and again but i am trying to get better!!

give me another 2 years and i'll have you running for cover Smiley (though that may be the smell more than anything)

sponsored by Fyffes
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »

Thing is half the time you want these people in...all you have to do is avoid being unlucky...cos they play cards not poker..big difference.

You only want them in half the time?!!!

TBH I am guilty as charged on this one.
Have only been playing live a few months and tourneys isn't my best suit, but can't be arsed to give the time and effort to travel for a £25 jobbie that only means something if you finish top 2.

Most of the people who are doing this are playing with money they can afford to lose, so I can't see why it's an issue.

Half the time cos it is extremely difficult to put an inexperienced player on a hand as they sometimes assume calling raises with K4 suited is a good call.

Dont think Chompy's point is an issue so much more an observation....you also find people playing these comps who clearly cant afford it and are hoping there limited skills will bring them a big pay off..
Is this nothing to do with you needing to change your game to adapt to them? Stating that you don't like it cos you can't put them on a hand is very lol.
As to them being unsociable, think a lot of the time they are just new to the live game and intimidated by the regulars, who tend to moan non stop.

Adapting to them is easy...u cant bluff them so u need a hand at showdown and use position against them as they always need to hit to play..its the random hands they play that luck out on you that r the difficult ones
I think i can just about handle them....
In general most of the g regulars are quite friendly and even up to the hundred pound buyins early doors the banter is quite jovial...there r a few miserable sods but u get that anywhere...we welcome newbies and their money...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: