blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:06:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Luton: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Luton: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 16199 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 10:24:16 PM »

POP!

That's it, no more bubble. It's burst folks and those two unlucky players who go home empty handed were Jeffery Rogers and Mark Wilson.

Jeffrey Rogers busted out 34th in unfortunate fashion. He moved over the top of a Sam Trickett raise and told him "You don't have to call you know!"

He knew he was probably ahead with As but when Sam called with live cards in , trouble was brewing.

One flop of Two Clubs later, Tricky Sam Trickett had added to his growing stack whilst Rogers looked glum and just picked up his coat and left. It's a tough game sometimes.

This hand attracted so much attention as the first bustout in about three days that Mark Wilson's exit hand was overlooked and he finished as the official bubble boy in 33rd.

All in the money guys! Hooray!

Sam Tricket quickly took anohter scalp in Ken Wong. Holding on a x flop he called Wong's all-in and he was good but Wong had a lot of outs holding for two overs a gutshot and a flush draw.

The on the turn seemed to have sealed things for Wong but a on the river brought a fistpump from Trickett as he took down yet another pot and sent one more to the rail.

Trickett's well on the march now and is looking ever more likely to be a big threat to take down the competition.

Snoopy has more action from the felt but I'm off to check the latest carnage!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 10:36:27 PM »

Apologies for any delays, conditions here aren't perfect. There's no wifi so we're working from a snail-paced mobile data card, and every time we head back to the press room, we have to wait for a member of staff to let us in. On top of that, I've just witnessed tens all-ins in a row, which is making it nigh on impossible to keep up with the action. Nevertheless, I'll give it a stab, starting with the departure of Ken Wong.

On a flop, Ken Wong pushed for 65,000 ( I am told this was around twice the pot) and Sam Trickett made the call with . Wong tabled , and although he hit a on the turn, the gave him two pair, but Trickett a straight.

As a result of that encounter, Sam Trickett is now on over 400,000 and your current chip leader.

On another table, Stuart Rutter raises it up to 17,000, Dara O'Kearney pushes for 23,000 only for Liam Boland to come over the top for a total of 55,000 (or thereabouts). Stuart asks for a count before eventually passing A-Qo.

On their backs, and Liam is behind with against the Irishman's , which manages to hold up on three clubs two hearts board. Dara now on 70,000.

A hand or two later, Liam Boland fought back by doubling up with A-Q versus 3-3 on a 7-4-Q-8-2 board. "Now he's got some chips to go with his salmon," said someone from the rail.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »

It's bedlam here as we encounter yet another all-in, this time on the central table. As they wait for the cameras to capture the action, Richard Gryko is looking good for a near double up with versus the of Paul Noury. A three clubs is clinical and Paul Noury is gone.

After a plucky performance of Rocky proportions, Adam Wilkinson has finally bitten dust at the hands of Stuart Rutter. All in with against , Wilko was left to emulate that annoying insurance ad by chanting "diamond, diamond, diamond" as the Two Diamonds three clubs flop dealt out flush draw possibilities. The turn and river were both favourable to The Nutter, and the mad Irishman hit the bricks.

Along the way, we have also lost Conan Bailey, Leo Kam and Neil Bethune.

'Pab' Paul Foltyn is out. He pushed for around 45,000 on the button with A-5o, but was picked off by A-Q in the big blind. No improvement.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 10:53:01 PM »

Sam Trickett is eating up players like a kid with a bag of monster munch. The latest victim was Ian Frazer who was unable to out-coinflip his Nottingham foe with eights versus A-K on an ensuing king high board. Trickett is a monster chip leader now with around 600,000.

Chris Moorman eliminated Sami Yusef earlier, versus on a board. Chris is currently receiving friendly jibes from the Alex Martin led rail regarding his incredible ability to win coin-flips. It's a skill you know.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »

With the bubble gone, the tense pressure cooker atmostphere of the card room has dissapated somewhat, allowing players to loosen up, play a few pots and even have a bit of banter with each other.

One hand that neatly illlustrated this saw Andreas Mihail raising from late position to 18,000, only to see Liam Boland raising all-in for another 45k or so...

"Do you want me to call?" asked Andreas to which Liam wittily responded, "I don't mind either way...I'd like a double up but it would defeat the point of the game if I told you my cards!"

The table laughed at this and finally Andreas called saying "I like your face...I'll call with a flush draw, " making the call with which was well behind Liam's pocket Tens.

A flop of J-9-9-4-4 transpired, doubling through Liam who told Andreas with a smile..."That was a terrible call but thank you very much!"

"You know I'm joking" he added as the table ooohed and aaahhhed at his rub down.

"Get it quietly!" laughed Sam Trickett, who has been doing exactly that for some time with his 600k+ stack.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:56:19 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »

Please note that Paul Noury didn't exit in the Gryko hand. Paul had Richard covered, but is still the current short stack.

Table 4:

Gary Cargill -- 124,000
Chris Moorman -- 212,000
Martin Jarvis -- 228,000
David Sergeant -- 104,000
Iwan Jones -- 122,000
Martin Green -- 245,000
James Mitchell -- 147,000

Table 5:

David La Ronde -- 403,000
Dara O'Kearney -- 69,000
Wayne Mardle -- 190,000
Peter Arrigoni -- 56,000
Javed Akhtar -- 172,000
Paul Noury -- 39,000
Paul Rigg -- 138,000

Table 2:

Stuart Rutter -- 207,000
Liam Boland -- 141,000
Richard Gryko -- 122,000
Sam Trickett -- 550,000
Andy Warnes -- 143,000
Rob Sherwood -- 112,000
Andreas Mihail -- 202,000
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 11:13:03 PM »

Rob Sherwood is out. He made a move from the big blind against Sam Trickett with , but was called by . No help on a meant Rob was gone, and he looked absolutely devastated too. Meanwhile, Sam increases his lead.

is chompy graeme wheldon still in?

Yes, Graham Wheldon had his turn on the chopping block a couple of rounds back. He had A-K versus the Q-Q of Wayne Mardle, but couldn't improve.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:14:34 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »

Gary Cargill went busto in 19th spot...unfortunately the hectic nature of the poker meant the details eluded both myself and the dog.

Any complaints for the lack of detail, blame this fella...

Meanwhile Peter Arrigone will have to get some chips soon as he's looking a bit short... 100k's not much these days!

It's good that he has time to have a laugh though...

And Moomin has ground his shortstack into a 200k+ stack. Great work from the Moorman, showing it's not just full tilt he can play poker on.

He needs to work on his chip stacking skills though, by his own admission "I'm the worst chip stacker in the world."

Yes you are Chris!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 12:32:30 AM »

Chris Moorman is out in 17th after departing in dramatic style. After reraising Sam Trickett's preflop raise of 21,000 to 63,000, Sam made the call and the two youngsters saw a three diamonds flop. Sam checked, Chris bet 80,000, and Sam announced call.

With both players quickly checking the two spades turn, we took a journey into the twilight zone as the river led to the biggest pot of the tournament. As the final card hit the felt, Sam announced all in for around 450,000 and casually waved his hand in the air to gesticulate the motion. Tortured by the decision ahead, Chris sat back in his chair and requested a count. The dealer, however, wasn't able to oblige and could only spread the pot, although he did indeed later stack the chips into columns so it was clear that around 300,000 was already in the pot. With his head resting in his hands, Chris continued to fidget in his seat as a large crowd of onlookers swamped the rail. Sam, meanwhile, remained cucumber cool, and sat motionless with his hand propped against his right cheek.

With the rail becoming impatient, Chris called the clock on himself, but was forced to ask the dealer to make the call when his request fell on stony ground. "I can't call the clock on you," replied the dealer, at which point Stuart Rutter waltzed in offering, "I'll call it for you." As the tournament director tracked the minute hand on his wristwatch, the tension increased to a near unbearable level as everyone watching became increasingly eager to see a hand.

With three seconds remaining, they got their wish as Moorman made a last ditch call. Without hesitation, Sam turned over and Chris mucked. To the shock of the crowd, Chris was out, and an absolutely mammoth pot went sailing over to the Nottingham based pro who now boasts a monster monster chip lead. Rumour has it that Chris had queens.

In the aftermath, Sam claimed, "I wasn't sure what he was on really until the end, I guess he had jacks, or maybe he hit a set on the river with queens".

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 12:38:07 AM »

Yes, just two tables now, and we're already down to 16, the second exiting in breath-taking fashion. The first man to drop was Dara O'Kearney. He was all in with against the of Paul Noury, but was unable to pair his jack as the board came two hearts.

Table 4:

Andreas Milhail -- 112,400
Stuart Rutter -- 161,100
Sam Trickett -- 1,018,100
Martin Jarvis -- 269,900
Richard Gryko -- 165,500
Martin Green -- 256,200
James Mitchell -- 144,000

Table 5:

David La Ronde -- 382,700
Wayne Mardle -- 288,500
Liam Boland -- 97,300
Andy Warnes -- 141,600
Peter Arrigoni -- 136,200
Javad Akhtar -- 137,900
Paul Noury -- 152,300
Paul Rigg -- 130,500
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 12:52:57 AM »

Sick hand alert !

David La Ronde calls a raise from Paul Noury.

The flop comes and Noury leads for a small 20k.

La Ronde sits there for a few moments before announcing all-in for a big overbet of the pot.

Noury calls faster than an insta-call showing he has trapped Laronde into making a big overshove into his nuts, holding J-Q for the straight.

La Ronde is dead in the water and looks embarrassed to turn over his T-9 offsuit.

But I told you it was sick and the J and Q on the turn and river make a straight on the board to snatch a chop from the jaws of defeat for Laronde.

Noury looks gutted, La Ronde says rather obviously "Didn't realise you got the straight!"

Paul Noury - you've just got to laugh.

David Laronde - LOL donkaments!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 12:58:51 AM »

Next hand we have Javed Akhtar making a big raise from early position, only for Paul Noury to go into the tank...

Eventually after a while, Noury pushes over the top and La Ronde makes a big fuss before passing what he later claims is Jacks.

Akhtar is all-in with pocket eights and Noury finds himself in great shape with 9-9 and glad to have pushed La Ronde's dominating hand out of the pot.

The flop comes A-4-Q-A-Q and Noury wins the pot rather suprisingly with his 2 pair of Aces and Queens with a 9 kicker jsut outpipping Akhtar's eight kicker.

Akhtar bites the dust...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:05:21 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 01:01:45 AM »

The jovial Liam Boland and his acerbic wit have been removed from the competition at the hands, or rather the hand of David La Ronde.

La Ronde raced his pocket sixes against Boland's A-K and even though a King hit the flop, the blessed La Ronde four flushed to take the pot to a chorus of sympathetic oooohs and we find ourselves closing in ever nearer to the final table.

Good game Liam.

Just to elaborate on this exit, David La Ronde raised it to 20,000 from early position, only for Liam Boland to push all in just two seats down for what looked to be in the region of 130,000. "I know I'm ahead, I know I'm ahead," said La Ronde, convinced he was er... ahead. Off came the ipod as David continued, "Do you have a pair?" "It would spoil the game if I said," was the reply.

After fiddling with his chips profusely, David was ultimately justified in his premonitions as he made the call with , only to be shown . As the first card came , David looked away in disappointment, but with a subsequent and three diamonds, his attention was suddenly rekindled. By the Two Diamonds turn, it was all over, and Liam's face turned to thunder. By the time the dealer had popped out the academic on the river, Liam had already collected his coat and was on his way out.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:29:19 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 01:04:06 AM »

A few pics of the action.

Martin Green, tootling along nicely on 230,000 or so at the mo.

And Stu Rutter, one of the nice guys of the circuit who is due to run good and seems to be doing so thusfar on just over 200,000.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 01:09:25 AM »

Richard Gryko has a big reputation in poker, but he won't be adding to his tally of wins today as he has just been sent to bustoville first class, shoving with 2-2, getting looked up by A-J and one ace on the flop was all it took to send Gryko home to bed.

Thirteen remain...the hunt for the title draws ever closer...

The last man out today is Andy Warnes. Perhaps one of few to depart at the hands of David La Ronde, Andy tackled his neighbour Andreas Mihail, but sadly the results were no different. All in with against , Andy will have been in confident mood of doubling through and sailing comfortably into the final day, but the nerves were a jangling more than usual as the dealt Andreas a welcome straight draw. Judging by the anxious expression on his face, I think Andy knew his fate, and by the turn, he was following Liam Boland towards the exit door. An academic river tied things up, and Andy was no more.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:37:15 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: