blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Scammed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scammed  (Read 10128 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »

My blog as some people have noted is tongue in cheek, i don't often write it seriously, its meant to be a laugh. Sorry if i have offended anyone??? I feel abit of a prat now :-( Its just the fish who had my money really angered me.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 01:00:11 PM »

My blog as some people have noted is tongue in cheek, i don't often write it seriously, its meant to be a laugh. Sorry if i have offended anyone??? I feel abit of a prat now :-( Its just the fish who had my money really angered me.

You have not offended me one iota.

I have just seen so much bad blood, bad vibes, & negativity, arising from Blog Mud-Slinging. Nobody ever wins, everybody loses. Always.

We have seen more than enough examples recently - I imagine all parties regret it in the fullness of time.

These things are best sorted out in private - they just are.

But that's just my personal opinion - each to their own, of course. But if I wanna sort something, I won't go hooting & hollering on Blogs - I'll make direct contact, or via an intermediary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

Amatay i think if you didnt out this guy on the forums and ur blog you wouldnt have got ur money back so it did what was intended, i read ur blog all the time and find it entertaining, maybe the last post was a bit ott but whatever.... keep up the good work thumbs up

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »

But that's just my personal opinion - each to their own, of course. But if I wanna sort something, I won't go hooting & hollering on Blogs - I'll make direct contact, or via an intermediary.

thats the problem these days though, there are a lot of angleshooters who'll do anything to nick an easy dollar.  You were there in the old days where a persons word was gospel.  I believe if amatay didnt do what he did, the guy wouldn't have felt pressured to sort it.  I guess amatay tried to sort it privately first, and sadly, it had to come to this.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »

Amatay i think if you didnt out this guy on the forums and ur blog you wouldnt have got ur money back so it did what was intended, i read ur blog all the time and find it entertaining, maybe the last post was a bit ott but whatever.... keep up the good work thumbs up

+1

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2008, 01:08:27 PM »

I agree with tikay that normally this stuff shouldnt be posted about the internet, but in this case i think cambo is spot on.

The only reason Amatay has got his money is because the bloke didnt want to become a poker outcast.

If whats on the blog is true that he has been lying about the whole thing then he deserves a roasting.

At the end of the day Amatay was good enough to send him the money. Even if his internet was playing up how hard is it to get a message to someone. If it was me, i would have been round a mates house to make sure Amatay knew exactly what was going on and sent the lad a cheque.

Im always happy to help people out but unfortunately its rarely a great idea when the money is used to fund gambling.

As for the Fish Fathers blog i think its about time he had his own column in The Daily Sport!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »

I agree with tikay that normally this stuff shouldnt be posted about the internet, but in this case i think cambo is spot on.

The only reason Amatay has got his money is because the bloke didnt want to become a poker outcast.

If whats on the blog is true that he has been lying about the whole thing then he deserves a roasting.

At the end of the day Amatay was good enough to send him the money. Even if his internet was playing up how hard is it to get a message to someone. If it was me, i would have been round a mates house to make sure Amatay knew exactly what was going on and sent the lad a cheque.

Im always happy to help people out but unfortunately its rarely a great idea when the money is used to fund gambling.

As for the Fish Fathers blog i think its about time he had his own column in The Daily Sport!

Blatant Grim set up post imo.

HI HELEN!
phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »

see now I am the kind of person that would still go and smash the bloke for making me wait for the money and grimming me. these people wont learn if not. There would be blood and shit up the walls even if he gave the money back, a grim is a grim
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »

Thanks. It was the only way i could get my dosh imo. I had ofc like LeKnave said tried to sort it in private but he just ignored me, i was at my wits end. The post was perhaps abit ott but oh well nevermind

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »

thats the problem these days though, there are a lot of angleshooters who'll do anything to nick an easy dollar.  You were there in the old days where a persons word was gospel.  I believe if amatay didnt do what he did, the guy wouldn't have felt pressured to sort it.  I guess amatay tried to sort it privately first, and sadly, it had to come to this.

Standard. Bloody kids. (I'm wearing trainers today - cool, eh?).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

Read the blog, the bloke probably shit himself. The msn story is the biggest load of shit LOL

WP on getting your money back

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »

see now I am the kind of person that would still go and smash the bloke for making me wait for the money and grimming me. these people wont learn if not. There would be blood and shit up the walls even if he gave the money back, a grim is a grim

Maybe he did learn his lesson? now he knows that he cannot get away with holding out on people even if it is online.

I have seen it loads of times, people go and slap someone who's been out of order and end up in jail Sad who wins then?
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »

Amatay ship me $200 on FT

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »

Maybe he did learn his lesson? now he knows that he cannot get away with holding out on people even if it is online.

I have seen it loads of times, people go and slap someone who's been out of order and end up in jail Sad who wins then?

Nobody.

Sort things quietly, quickly, discretely, move on.

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »

lol @ soviet song. Tikay i agree with you but i tried this option and he blatantly ignored me. This, albeit abit messy was the only way

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: