blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:41:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Sunday Million tourney hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Million tourney hand  (Read 1310 times)
Robbo63

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:43:44 PM »

Ok apologises if this post is routine to you tourney regulars but I am still fairly new to them and would appreciate the feedback. This hand as been bugging me all night.

Last nights Pokerstars Sunday Million tourney, been playing for 7 hours. I have slipped back the last 20 minutes to 38th out of 74 but still have 585k in chips, which is just below average but still nearly 15 big blinds so not desperate. This is my 2nd hand on a new table so no reads on opponents. The blinds are 20000/40000 with 4000 antes. We are playing 8 handed and I am in the cut off seat.  Three folds and the player to my immediate right raises to 120000.The pot now stands at 212000. The raiser as me covered by a few thousand chips and the remaining players in the hand also hold similar stacks.  I am holding 

My question: Is an allin shove standard good aggressive play or a bit reckless? What would you have done?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »

Shoooooooooooooooooooooooove.

The guy in cutoff has to be so ridiculous nitty for this not to be an insta-shove.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:09:22 PM »

I agree with Longy here, although I might reraise to about 475k rather than push all in. You are saying that you will get all your stack in but it sometimes looks stronger than just a shove, either way its going in.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:31:43 PM »

Yeah.when you bet 2 thirds of your stack it implies even more strength than an all in.strange but true

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »

I agree with Longy here, although I might reraise to about 475k rather than push all in. You are saying that you will get all your stack in but it sometimes looks stronger than just a shove, either way its going in.
Yeah.when you bet 2 thirds of your stack it implies even more strength than an all in.strange but true

Yes but if this is the case, and im not convinced it is, why would we want him to scare him into thinking we're strong here anyway?

We are strong here. We have Ace Queen.

Its not as if hes folding any hands that have AQ crushed i.e. AA, KK, AK, QQ.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »

brent is right, its just a shove, esp vs million players. why u want them to fold AT AJ here?  just shooooooooove, the 3xbet is best served for playing vs names with sooted connectors in my experience.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »

You have to shove here. People will open raise with anything at this stage. And you're only sweating 4 hands.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27:15 AM »

I have slipped back the last 20 minutes to 38th out of 74 but still have 585k in chips, which is just below average but still nearly 15 big blinds so not desperate.

You are very desperate when you get to 15BB in a comp with antes.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 03:02:50 AM »

brent is right, its just a shove, esp vs million players. why u want them to fold AT AJ here?  just shooooooooove, the 3xbet is best served for playing vs names with sooted connectors in my experience.

this looks good. horneris spot on.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 03:51:48 AM »

this looks good. horneris spot on.

Yup, spot on imo.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: