blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 1: At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 1: At A Glance  (Read 21501 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:49:16 PM »

Hey Kids!

It's been over two months since I did an update for blonde so Homer has graciously given me the opportunity to kick off this thread covering the £500 ME of the DTD deepstack event.  This 15k stacked, hour-clocked poker extravaganza has attracted a lot of interest, but currently under 100 players.  We reckon about 40 of them are stuck in traffic, so there may be a brief delay, or perhaps a curtailing of the four days set aside for the tournament.  As a playing-today Snoopy just noted, "There's more staff than players in here!"

But that surely won't last, or Rick Trigg will win his bet on the number of runners... plus, you can enter up until 5pm.  That's enough time to drive up from London.  So go on then - this is a good one.

Noted already:  Fran Creed, Pete Linton, a gent who shared our cab from Scandinavia called Fredrik, er... more in a moment.

NB: This is the At A Glance thread.  For interactivity, try here:  http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36220.0

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »

I am going to try to recall how to (a) touch type (b) read a poker board from 10 meters and (c) discover interesting facts about hitherto unknown players to further increase everyone's interest in and knowledge of the game which is growing still and continually introducing exciting new talent from all over the country and the online world.  But Homer told me, "Start with what you know.  Build up gradually."  So here is...

Focus On... Adam 'Snoopy' Goulding.

Snoopy hails from London via Solihull, is a journalist/poker player with a keen interest in professional wrestling.  (How am I doing, Homer?)  He says he is bolstered here today by, "My collection of inspirational songs," which fill his ipod with the rousing sounds of the Karate Kid theme, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, and various Russ Abbott classics.  A fan of online cash, Snoopy likes this deepstacked event, "Because it's a bit like cash.  At the beginning.  I wish it was 20k though."  He brings with him a small crystallised Snoopy (pictured below) which he intends, apparently, "To turn to face whoever is my victim."  Look out Nottingham, the beagle has landed.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »

Pete Linton, GBPT Winner Rupinder Bedi and Julian Thew are all sitting in a row on one table, Thewy betting in a four-way pot with Pete the only caller on a flop, they checked the turn and river where Thewy had cheekily caught up with for the pot. But will it affect the Metagame?!?!?!?

No Dave Smith so far so, there's a lack of comedy hats.

Snoopy has picked up some early chips re-raising preflop from 225 to 700 and receiving one caller. Both players checked the flop before his opponent checked again on the turn and Snoops bet 600, which didn't get the call he probably wanted.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »

PROVISIONAL PLAYER LIST...

11   1   Richard Wilcox
11   2   Paul Murphy
11   3   Adam Goulding
11   4   Peter Charalamobus
11   5   Alan Stearn
11   6   Tony Salmon
11   7   Kyriacos Dionysiou
11   8   Simon Nowab

12   1   Erdinc Inan
12   2   Andrew Tuxworth
12   3   David Jones
12   4   Thomas Townley
12   5   Stuart Hopkin
12   6   John Perrin
12   7   Jeanne David
12   8   Joe Stevenson

14   1   Mick Mccloskey
14   2   Alan Vinnicombe
14   3   Fredrik Mikaelsson
14   4   Anon
14   5   Irina Liepina
14   6   Matthew Wadham
14   7   Krzysztof Klorek
14   8   Desmond Jonas

15   1   James Eflekhari
15   2   Steve Jelinek
15   3   Chin Chai Koh
15   4   Scott Byron
15   5   Daniel Ball
15   6   Neil Giblin
15   7   Simon Lee
15   8   David Colclough

23   1   Robert Cook
23   2   Neil Blatchly
23   3   Claire Tucker
23   4   Tom Rutter
23   5   Thomas Besnier
23   6   Richard Hawes
23   7   Przemek Rusin
23   8   Michael Wernick

25   1   Craig Emptage
25   2   Billy Ngo
25   3   Julian Thew
25   4   Rupinder Bedi
25   5   Peter Linton
25   6   Paul Hardy
25   7   Carl Williams
25   8   Mohammed Shoahebe

33   1   Terry Plummer
33   2   Nichiei Hicks
33   3   Richard Trigg
33   4   Richard Berridge
33   5   Paul Lammas
33   6   Nicolas Risdale
33   7   Peter Conduit

34   1   Robert Woodcock
34   2   Jef Copeland
34   3   Christopher Bruce
34   4   Jason Wheatley
34   5   Sam Savile-barton
34   6   Robert Spencer
34   7   Thomas Middleton

35   1   John Sadler
35   2   Paul Moyce
35   3   Lee Rawson
35   4   Darren Chadwick
35   5   Alex Williamson
35   6   Andrew Middleditch
35   7   George Livanos

36   1   Andrew Woods
36   2   Frances Creed
36   3   Scott Yeates
36   4   John Shaw
36   5   Nicholas Marshall
36   6   Jonathan Spinks
36   7   Thomas Mccready

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »

Chris Bruce, "The way it's going I'm going to be out in the first level. I've raised into Aces, Kings, one hand where the caller flopped a set of eights, and another where he made the nut flush. Perhaps I should sit out for a level?"

He's currently on 12k.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

first post wow

never realised that Rupinder B was such a good player/high winner. Played with him a few times, while he was good though he was just a CASUAL LOCAL etc.

And it looks like he'll be put to the test today, making the filling of a Thew-Linton sandwich, as he is:

Great to see the phenomenally-performing Thew fuelling his potentially phenomenal performance (try saying that before breakfast) with lunch-beer!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:43:14 PM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »

Here's Simon Nowab ordering, "A bottle of tequila - only joking!" off the lovely waitress lady.*  He's sat next to Greek Jack who has yet to wake up. 

Sharing their table:  Snoopy and Peter Charalambous.  There ensued several jokes from Pete about getting Nowab's 'good side."

*Yet to determine if he was actually joking

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »

Wick Twigg has suffered an early setback, paying off a few thousand on a three clubs board with only to be shown .

Meanwhile, LeKnave is doing a lot better, he raised from the cut-off to 150 with John 'Reggie' Perrin calling from the big blind. The latter check/called a 200 bet on the flop before check/raising from 450 to 1,000 on the turn and continuing with a 2,500 bet on the river. Dave, eventually made the call, Perrin mucked and Dave took the pot with .

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:59:41 PM »

A hand from the early levels (no one has been eliminated yet - a first for a whole level at DTD according to Simon Trumper):

Raised by LeKnave (pictured top), unsurprisingly, he received four callers, unsurprisingly.
Flop:   It checks round to Thomas Townley who bets out 150.  Jeanne David raises to 350.  Townley calls, everyone else loses interest.
Turn:    Thomas bets out 300.  Instaflatcall.
River:    Thomas bets out 300.  Instapass.

If we were in any doubt as to the identity of the winner of that hand, he's helpfully had his name tattooed on his inner forearm:

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 04:11:49 PM »

And the first casualty in John Shaw, getting it in with K-K on a 2-2-J-6-Q board with most of the money in on the river against the jacks of his opponent. LeKnave has just been moved to this table sitting between Red Dog, Woodsey and Fran.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »

Big change of fortunes for Wick at the expense of Chili. He raised to 200 and Maria re-raised to 600 with Richard Redmond and Rick calling. The flop came out A-J-x, Maria betting out with Rick raising and Richard folding. Maria made the call before calling a bet of 5,200 on the Queen turn. Both checked the 2 river, only for Rick to show a rivered set of deuces which had triumphed over Maria's A-K.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »

Waved over to table McCloskey (it has to be called that as he was the one who alerted me to this monster hand), I saw Des Jonas had moved all-in on a flop of .  Apparently it had all gone nuts preflop, with a threeway pot of over 10k building between Des, Matt Tyler and Alan Vinnicombe.  Four raises had gone in preflop, and there were clearly some big hands out there.  The Queen-high two spade board was clearly giving Alan a decision when I arrived, and Des' 9,475 remaining chips were already across the line, and Des was already well into the speech play, which went back and forth pretty much as follows:

Vinnicombe:  "I do a deal with you:  if you've got an overpair, I pass."
Jonas:  "I haven't got an overpair."
"I think you'd have done that bet whether you had a good hand or a bad hand."  (Des had shoved first to act, and Matt had passed already).
"You're going to pass anyway.  Give me the chips, dealer."

There then followed some surreal banter about going on holiday, or something.  I lost track for a few seconds.  Then:

Vinnicombe:  "Will you show me if I pass?"
Jonas:  "I'll show you f*** all!"
"I've only got top pair."   Suddenly something snaps and he shoves his stack over the line (outchipping his opponent, though).  He indeed shows
Des shows the
(Matt passed Kings...)

Turn and river:  so an early double through for Des Jonas of the Bewildering Chat.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

Mad Turk has some equally mad skillz but they're not serving him so far today. He fired every step of a board culminating with 3,000 on the river but was snap-called by Woodsey's . He's down to just a few thousand.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »

Here's El Blondie wearing an uncharacteristic salmony hoody.  I recognise this particular hoody, incidentally, as being on sale in the WSOP gift shop this summer.  There are probably hundreds of poker players with this exact same one floating around - or in one of their other items of clothing which seemed to feature mainly Gothic-style writing, the word 'PLAYER', fire, skulls, dice and rhinestones.  I actually own one of these, but only because it didn't fit its original buyer Smiley

Early doors he got away from a flopped set of Jacks (flopped by Daniel Ball) on the turn, but only after being raised to 1k on a flop and paying for the seemingly-unhelpful on the turn.  He's still in.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:18 PM »

More non-good Chris Bruce news, he's just had A-A cracked by J-8. NOt looking like his day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: