blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WORLD HEADS UP....2008 UPDATE
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WORLD HEADS UP....2008 UPDATE  (Read 4915 times)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »

Possibly becuase....He was unfortunate to have signed a deal with Mr Hewston and he is still paying for the year that Jonny Texas were supposed to have sponsored it!...Srill that has been discussed plenty so we will move on.
How is your old pl by the way? Acouple of the London boys were asking about him and hoped he was still healthy which I found a bit odd as the guys in qestion aren`t usually too concerned about peoples health in fact.... quite the opposite!
It seems every year they struggle to get a sponsor and like it has been said many times by many people if it was such a good deal Jon Shoreman would have sponsored it himself. Its not for me or you for that matter to comment on the Jonny Texas sponsorship deal  but theres 2 sides to every coinflip and you or I are not in a position to comment on what was or wasnt promised by either side as we are unaware of all the facts so lets move on I agree.
Regarding Jon I havent seen or spoken to him for a while as Im out of the country at the moment but Ill pass on your regards when I see him next and let him know you were asking about him on a forum.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 02:26:11 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »

Possibly becuase....He was unfortunate to have signed a deal with Mr Hewston and he is still paying for the year that Jonny Texas were supposed to have sponsored it!...Srill that has been discussed plenty so we will move on.
How is your old pl by the way? Acouple of the London boys were asking about him and hoped he was still healthy which I found a bit odd as the guys in qestion aren`t usually too concerned about peoples health in fact.... quite the opposite!
It seems every year they struggle to get a sponsor and like it has been said many times by many people if it was such a good deal Jon Shoreman would have sponsored it himself. Its not for me or you for that matter to comment on the Jonny Texas sponsorship deal  but theres 2 sides to every coinflip and you or I are not in a position to comment on what was or wasnt promised by either side as we are unaware of all the facts so lets move on I agree.
Regarding Jon I havent seen or spoken to him for a while as Im out of the country at the moment but Ill pass on your regards when I see him next and let him know you were asking about him on a forum.

lol @ snidey last remark. 

DaMatrix

Dodging Bullets

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »

TV poker isn`t cheap tp produce ask blue Sq and Gala, hence the cancelled filming of their tours. We have cut things as low as possible given the guaranteed broadcasts in at least three countries but still need around 120-130K for SKY etc. Some  shows cost in excess of 150k per episode and we are making three 90 min shows so not a bad deal

Its a shame PartyPoker didnt fancy it, they have pretty much sponsored every other event on TV.

Mind you, they dont have heads up cash tables, so they would be a bit daft sponsoring this I guess.

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »

I reckon me and Dan Carter will fly over to play this if it's going to be televised. If not, probably won't bother though.

Will try and play the Ladbrokes qualifier if I'm around though.
JonShoreman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 08:04:19 PM »

It seems every year they struggle to get a sponsor and like it has been said many times by many people if it was such a good deal Jon Shoreman would have sponsored it himself.

I think the Olympics is a good deal .... but I don't sponsor that.
I think the Premership is a good deal .... but I don't sponsor that.

I did in fact sponsor one of the events myself, the very first (and only televised) Headsup Poker Circuit event.

We have run the WHPC for 7 years now, this will be the 8th. These types of events cost a lot to run and film. Each year the sponsorship money received has never covered the out going costs and I have personally lost money each year, some years more than others.

If I had the marketing capital to sponsor the WHPC for the next ten years, I would.

Regards

Jon Shoreman
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 10:57:09 PM »

^^ fair play

Any word on when a schedule of events will be out? Keep looking out for it...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: