blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:12:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 30952 times)
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2008, 11:24:05 PM »

Yellow - 25
Black - 100
Red - 500
Green - 1000

I think...except those are DTD chips, not Grosvenor.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

Ryan Fronda is out, David Laronde's 9-9 was too good for the Luton pro's A-8.

Also gone is Mick McBag, he moved in for 10,825 over the top of Surindar Sunar's UTG raise with . Sadly for the McBag fans, Surindar duly counted out the chips and dropped them into the middle revealing Kings which duly held on the Two Clubs board.

Snoopy then arrived wondering how Mick had gone out, I told him how it had gone down and the non-plussed Brummie beagle said, "Oh he should have folded because Surindar had kings, you see you don't want put your money in with worst hand..."

Oh Snoopy, the king of hindsight...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2008, 11:33:35 PM »

Meanwhile, big hand for Kevin O'Leary betting 1,600 on a two spades flop, J Byrne check/raised to 5,000 and O'Leary instantly moved all-in putting the emphasis back on Byrne. He agonised for ages before eventually folding, but it's hard to see O'Leary having a made hand here given the speed of which he moved in, as surely he would've have thought about the best way to get the most chips in if he wasn't drawing.

Hmmm...I wouldn't be so sure about that, you never can tell with him...

Surely you think for a few seconds at best with a made hand as opposed to instantly moving in? Although moving in with an absolute monster that quickly with no thought against intelligent thinking players would be an excellent strategy.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »

Here's Pete Linton's effort from earlier on:

What values do these colours represent?

Yellow = 25
Black = 100
Orange = 500
Green = 1000

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »

10 minute break, then 20 more minutes of action then it'll be time to bag 'em and tag 'em.

PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2008, 11:42:33 PM »

Meanwhile, big hand for Kevin O'Leary betting 1,600 on a two spades flop, J Byrne check/raised to 5,000 and O'Leary instantly moved all-in putting the emphasis back on Byrne. He agonised for ages before eventually folding, but it's hard to see O'Leary having a made hand here given the speed of which he moved in, as surely he would've have thought about the best way to get the most chips in if he wasn't drawing.

Hmmm...I wouldn't be so sure about that, you never can tell with him...

Surely you think for a few seconds at best with a made hand as opposed to instantly moving in? Although moving in with an absolute monster that quickly with no thought against intelligent thinking players would be an excellent strategy.

Obviously I've no idea what he had in this hand, but as far as Kevin is concerned I wouldn't rule anything out Cool
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:44:48 PM by PocketLady » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »

As the action was rather lack-lustre, I thought it might be interesting if I reported a hand from each of the remaining four tables, whether it was a big pot or a small one. It was a mixed bag in the end:

(1) Without hesitation, Roberto Romanello moves all in under the gun for a total of 9,000. Just two seats along, Ash Hussain peeks down at his cards, and makes the call in equally quick time. The action then passes around to Andrew Taylor who sniggers to himself, places his head in his hands, and folds a hand that I imagine was A-Q, T-T or something of similar, but likely inferior strength.

On their backs, and Roberto is in trouble, his in need of assistance against the of Ash. The delivers, but also gives Ash four cards to a Broadway straight. "No jack no king," demands the Welshman as a hits the turn. Breaths are held for the river, but it's another blank, the pairing the board and giving Roberto the pot. Ash, meanwhile, is visibly frustrated/gutted, and will now have to try and work his 20,000 stack back up to what it once was.

(2) No such drama on the neihbouring table. Sid Harris raises it up to 2,600 from utg+1, and everyone folds.

(3) The same applies with the next hand. With the action folding around to Lawrence Gosney, the bracelet winner makes it 2,500 to play from the cut off and watches as everyone folds. Although the speed of Lawrence's fold and the facial expressions of the other players suggested that this was a regular occurrence, Lord Gosney did indeed have the goods as he kindly reveals an .

(4) Finally, on the last hand before the ten minute break, Jerome Bradpiece raises to 2,100 from early to mid position, Bill White makes the call one seat along, and big stacker Mohammed Shoahebe passes on the big blind.

On the flop, Jerome leads out for 3,100 and Bill quickly calls. A on the turn causes both players to pause, but ultimately both players check. Come the river, Jerome once again pauses briefly before checking, but Bill is less hospitable, betting out 6,500. Clearly tortured by his decision, Jerome mulls over his options momentarily before making what appears to be a reluctant call. In the end, he was right to be reluctant, as Bill shows for the turned trips whilst Jerome simply mucks.

In the aftermath, Jon Omara, possibly not realising Jerome had just lost a pot, asked how much he had. "Eleven thousand," sighed last year's Walsall GUKPT winner, "but I just gave away 6,000 I didn't have to."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2008, 12:14:16 AM »

Jerome Bradpiece went out just before the end, from the button into Justin Devonport's , the board proving particularly cruel:

Sid Harris doubled through Surindar Sunar with Kings against Nines, but I'll leave the fun final hand to Snoopy...

See you tomorrow at 2pm and the return of Womblecam!!!

WE LUV RICHIE
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2008, 12:23:09 AM »

QUESTRON  & HARDESTY COME BACK !!! PLUS HEDGES FIGHTBACK   AND SANTINO FINAL
 WE WILL NEVER FORGET xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  A  
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »

Great updates guys, thanks so much.  Looking forward to being attached to my computer all day tomorrow!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »

Well, it took right up until the final ten minutes to stumble upon what I would declare as the 'hand of the day', but it was worth the wait, if only for the endless banter that ensued throughout the hand.

The hand in question involved two of the chattiest players remaining in the tournament, Roberto Romanello and Liverpudlian (I think) Michael Humphries. It was Michael who commenced the action, raising it up to 4,000 preflop. As the play passed around to Roberto in the small blind, Michael pulled down his hood in true Phil Laak fashion and concealed all but his eyes like some form of poker ninja.

Without too much hesitation, Roberto made the call and the two players saw an flop. As soon as the board was dealt, Roberto peered down at his chips, grabbed the bottom of his two columns and confidently slid his remaining stack across the felt.

"I'm winning, definitely," boasted Roberto as Michael rose from his seat.

"I might call just to bum you," joked Michael, much to the amusement of everyone watching. "I've always wanted to bum a Welshman."

"I knew you were going to do that," he continued. "I need any any ace, king or jack."

"You can't gamble on that," pleaded Roberto.

"Has anyone got any lube?" inquired Michael.

"The masseuse might have some," added Ash Hussain, who had otherwise remained content to watch on in awe.

The mood suddenly went serious.

"How much is it?" asked Michael.

"13,600," replied the dealer after counting the Welshman's stack.

"Is it that much?" said Roberto, perhaps feigning surprise. "Whatever happens," he continued, "I like you, you're a nice guy."

Before Roberto had barely finished his compliment, the chips were in and Michael had called.

As Michael revealed for ace high, Roberto chuckled to himself and shook his head. "Oh no," he said as he tabled an inferior fingers-caught-in-the-cookie-jar .

The crowd held the breath as the dealer popped out a harmless turn, some perhaps devilishly willing out a nine so they could be entertained before hometime and witness the sickest of bad beats. Michael's eyes were fixated on the felt.

As if in slow-motion, out it came, a on the river. The crowd gasped.

"Ship it!" exclaimed Roberto as he high fived his neighbour, the smile surely requiring a plastic surgeon to remove. "Sorry mate," he added.

Taking his beat like a man, Michael remained cool and simply concluded, "I still have chips, I told you I'm a shit player."

What a hand! Roberto is now dangerous, but don't count Michael out. He took his beat well asnd still has enough chips remaining to mount a decent challenge, although the wounds from the seven on the river may take a while to heal.

(c) Photography: Floppy Photos Ltd
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:38:24 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2008, 12:39:09 AM »

See you tomorrow where we hope to see more Welsh probing.  Smiley

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2008, 12:54:23 AM »

See you tomorrow where we hope to see more Welsh probing.  Smiley

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2008, 02:09:19 AM »

End of day chip counts:

Lawrence Gosney   100700
Mohammed Shoahebe   70450
Dennis Clough   58800
David Laronde   45950
Tony Cascarino   45775
Steve Higton   42900
Jorn Martinsen   37325
Surinder Sunar   36900
Roberto Romanello   36725
Justin Devonport   36625
Greg Hunt   35775
Stefan Raffay   35400
Kenny Burke   32200
Michael Humphries   31450
Sunny Chattha   29000
Philippa Flanders   27575
Bill White   24225
Sid Harris   23475
Kevin Oleary   23025
Ash Hussain   22625
Alan Mower   19100
Gareth Jones   17700
Tim Flanders   17500
Kevin Steward   17000
Andreas Olympios   16425
Waseem Shahid   16075
Andrew Taylor   11800
Alan Vinnicombe   11650
Tim Moreland   9750
Andy Miles   6175
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2008, 06:25:28 AM »

Good luck to Lawrence Gosney.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: