blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Chris Bruce WSOPE event 1 £1,575 NLHE
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Bruce WSOPE event 1 £1,575 NLHE  (Read 9148 times)
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes.

Strangely feel a bit more pressure when its other peoples money involved.

the venue is dusk til dawn isnt it?

Cheers Chris
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 01:52:35 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes.

Strangely feel a bit more pressure when its other peoples money involved.

the venue is dusk til dawn isnt it?

Cheers Chris

Just feel under pressure not to turn up to DTD on the day - that's the only instance I'd want my stake back!

gl

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 01:55:52 PM »

gl Chris

absolutely, gl with the event

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »

Gutted I missed this one.

Absolute bargain imo.

GL

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 06:23:18 PM »

Best of luck Chris!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »

Thanks for the good lucks

Unconfirmed start day is Saturday.

Cheers

Chris
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 08:47:33 PM »

a brief summary of my WSOPE 1500 event.

I am afraid to say I did not make it past level 6 but I have done a brief summary for you all.

I had the benefit of a good starting table. We were 7 handed for the 1st 2 levels but with no notable names on the table it was a good start.
I sat in seat 6, seats 7 & 8 were both calling stations seat 9 was a good American player as was seat 3 I did not know either of them.
seats 1 & 4 were both weak tight and seat 5 was an open book.

Levels 1 & 2

I managed to pick up a few decent hands in the 1st 2 levels most notably KK twice but the table was very cautious and I was only able to win
small pots with them. I was happy to take my stack up to 8000 chips though.

level 3 75/150

I had some additions to the table and seat 8 started to hit some form hitting a gut shot on the turn to bust his adversary in seat 7 and
then runner runner queens to make a full house against the flopped broadway of seat 1.
I was pretty card dead at this stage, and then this hand came up.
seat 8 limped for 150, he had done this twice and then RR anyone who raised him. The small blind and I checked our option.I had As . I liked the
flop and check called seat continuation bet (700) we both checked the turn and he then fired 1700 when the Two Diamonds hit the river. I tanked for a good while and
mistook his coyness for weakness. I make the call and he tables for the back door flush, and I am back down to 5k.

Level 4 75/150 25ante

I raise UTG with 10 10 to 725 and recieve 4 bloody callers FFS. the flop is a lovely 2 6 8 rainbow and a hefty flop bet puts me back up to 8k....phewwww

level 5 100/200 25ante

I dont think I played a hand in this level. some more aggressive players have arrived at the table and there was normally a raise before it even
got to me. the 2 best hands I saw in this level were A 10 and A 9 both of which had action before it got to me. I passed them both per flop.
what is even more annoying was watching 2 of the weaker players at the table stacking off bigger stacks than mine by Re re raising with A Q o/suit.

Level 6 150/300 50 ante

The cutoff limps and I call on the button with and the blinds both check. flop is Two Clubs two spades it is checked to me and i bet 1100.
my nemises in seat 8 makes the call. the turn is two hearts and once again he checks I now bet 1200 and again he smooth calls. the river is the
and he now fires out 3500. I feel sick in the pit of my stomach but I am unable to pass my hand. I make the call and he duly turns over
two hearts.

I manage to last a couple of rounds pushing when I can but I run A 7 in to A 9  and it is good night.

All in all I feel I made 2 mistakes on a pretty cold deck both of which cost me. with 6000 starting chips there was no room for any mistakes.
That and ultimately not seeing any premium hands after level 2 made life a bit dificult.

I am very greatfull to all of you who invested in me and sorry I was not able to give you a longer run for your money.

cheers Chris
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

Hard luck.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »

tx for the update, ul

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 03:33:38 AM »

ul

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: