blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:54:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Simon Trumper £1000 PLO European Championship Vic Sunday
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simon Trumper £1000 PLO European Championship Vic Sunday  (Read 15777 times)
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:45:40 AM »

First

A big thanks to all those that gave me a chance to play the WSOP-E £5000 PLO

A Full report is here written during the dinner break and after i was knocked out.

I am in seat 9 on table 1 , we ae on a 2 hour dinner break due back in 10 minutes.

Seat 3 is Josh Arieh , 4 David Benyamine , 5 Donnocha Odea . 6 Alan Cunningham 7 Marc Goodwin and after Dubai departed from seat 1 he was replaced by Phil Helmuth .

Against this quality of lineup you need to get some hands !

First level i saw one KKQ8ss and called a raise but passed on a Q high flop when Alan bet out , he is a solid player who doesn't continuation bet without a made hand, he most likely has AA here or even flopped a set , i ended the level slightly up .

Level 2 i called a raise on the buton with TJJK but the flop was 2 3 4.

I did get rag AA once with T2o limping in FP and got lucky on a 4 way checked flop K high flop with a diamond flush draw , my AA were black ,  when an A turned , i bet and all folded, i ended with 11,675 ( still had my 10,000 DC )

Level 3 i had AKJT once but missed the flop and got reraised trying a button steal , ended with 17,525

Level 4 flat called with 7889ds in spades and clubs, flop was 4 way 5 6 Q with two spades  , there was a bet and raise from Marc to 3000 , i called with the straight draw and a flush draw and redraw to my other flush as did the original raiser , turn was a T , Marc first to act moved all in for 11,000 , we both folded.

Simon Galloway is here railing and has seen some of what has been happening as i will explain . Marc and i are looking at each other wondering how we can get all the chips .

Earlier Dubai went out after the flop was A 9 4 , Josh check called a bet , turn was another 4 , Josh check called again , river a blank , Josh checked , Dubai bet and was reraised all in , he called showing 99 to Josh's AA .

When Phil arrived he lost his first 10,000 to Josh on a flop of K 8 3 , again Josh check called the flop , turn it all went in Josh had KK to Phils 88 .

We saw 2 huge pots where there was a flopped full house and 2 players got all their chips in with draws !

After bleeding away a few chips to missed flops / draws i was down to 8775 with the blinds still 200 400 , it was the last hand before dinner and Phil announced he was raising blind if no one else did , all folded to me , i finally had a hand AKQJds and raised to 1400 , the cameras were on Phil and he called leaving himself 325 , flop was Q 3 3 , i bet his last 325 and he called saying he was still blind , i tabled my hand but ever the showman he asked if we could see the rest of the flop first before he showed , i agreed , turn was a 2 river 7 , Phil turned over one at a time 4 5 6 6 and was out . This was like scoring an equaliser just before half time , my first real pot worth 4050 taking me back up to 11,100.

We restart at 250 500 so i have 22 x BB and just need to continue that last hand momentum .

I know it is possible i could go on picking up the same J952 etc but i never allow myself to blind away, if neccesary i will take a stand to keep myself in contention but lets hope i get an early gift / double up and can get through the next 4 hours and into day 2

Resuming play at level 5

First an overview of the table i was on.

As Simon wrote Donnacha got a double up off Josh with AA pre dinner and finished him soon after we got back with AA again, this time on an A high flop he had bet and been check called by Josh going for an 8 high flush or middle pin 4 , flop was A 5 3 , turn was the 4 , Josh had 6788 bet his straight , Donnacha moved in , was called and the board paired to give him 50,000.

I had one hand KQQ9ss and limped , there was a raise to 1700 called in 3 spots including Marc in the BB so with 7300 in there i called for 1200 , flop was 2 2 3 , Marc bet 5000 and David reraised all in with Marc calling , he had T642 v Davids AJT2 and missed.

So when i got AA78ss in FP i knew there was no point raising to 1750 as i was going to get a minimum 3 callers , i limped hoping to check raise but there were 5 callers including the SB so 3000 pot.

Flop was 4 9 T , i had an overpair , bottom end straight draw and the nut flush draw but pointless betting as there is bound to be a set or two pair out as well as a player wrapped higher so i checked hoping for a cheap turn card , the next player bet 2100 and David and Alan called as did the BB so 11,400 in the pot , again it is now pointless raising as i can call for 2100 and if the board pairs or the top straight comes i can fold .

The turn was in fact a great card for me a non flushing 2 , now i can bet my last 5600 as i am going to call anyway and hopefully if there is a set behind they will raise to isolate so in went my 5600 , the flop bettor now reraised 30,000+ all in so we knew where the set was and David also went all in for 14,000 , the others passed.

I was now over the main pot of 30,300, 6000 more than average.

The first player had 9955 in his hand no diamonds , David had 679T for top two requiring a T or he could split the pot with me with an 8.

My nut outs were any non pairing diamond , any J or an A and i could split with a 6.

River was a Q and both David and i were knocked out.

Even if i had raised preflop if the 9955 player flolded David would have called with 679T as this a great hand to crack AA and he would have won with 2 pair.

Just out of interest i checked a poker calculator , pre flop i was 46% fav , on the flop i was 47% even though i was up against a set and on the turn i was 35% so even if i had checked, the set would have bet and even if David just called i would have been getting over 4-1 so was never folding.

So that's it , i tried my best but today wasn't my day , thanks to all those that bought shares , you had a good horse, just a shame i never really got started.

I ended up selling more shares than i intended at 70 and even with the £250 juice i didn't allow for, i laid out less than the £1500 i was prepared to so i am considering playing the £1050 Double Chance PLO on Sunday at The Vic.

If i do i will sell shares at 1.2 again but with a bonus for all of you that backed me in the WSOP-E , i know i deserved to do better than i did today . I played well and with an average run of cards and a little luck i am capable of winning these events.

As there were so many of you i will offer shares at £30 each for 2.5% chunks  and i will pay the £50 juice , maximum i will sell is 24 x 2.5% ie 60%.

The bonus is if i win a minimum of £4000 ie returning £1600 to myself i will enter the £1060 Thanet GUKPT and after paying any shareholders the balance you will also have a second chance %age of the same amount that you had at The Vic.

So should you buy say 5% for £60 ,based on a £4000 win you would be returned £200 and still have 5% of me at the GUKPT Thanet

Please let me know if there is any interest

All the best and thanks again

ACES
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:49:13 AM by ACES » Logged

robbiebox
me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »

Put me down for a share then Simon.

UL in that last hand, sometimes PLO hands play themselves, don't think any other way of playing it would have brought any different result and you did give yourself a way out on the turn too.

Luckbox is my most successful strategy.
http://bigdealinabox.blogspot.com/
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:27:59 AM »

Unlucky Simon Sad

Can i ask why you folded the wrap and fd vs Marc?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »

As Simon wrote Donnacha got a double up off Josh with AA pre dinner and finished him soon after we got back with AA again, this time on an A high flop he had bet and been check called by Josh going for an 8 high flush or middle pin 4 , flop was A 5 3 , turn was the 4 , Josh had 6788 bet his straight , Donnacha moved in , was called and the board paired to give him 50,000.

Do you like the way Don played this hand??  Has he totally discounted Arieh having a straight?  The straight doesn't look that likely admitedly.  Or is he looking to gamble?  If he was, I know the board pairing may cost him a customer on the end in normal circumstances, but the way Arieh was playing, Don could have called the turn and still got paid on the end if it paired.  I don't know if the stack sizes made this possible or not..

ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:16:24 AM »

Simon,

Put me down for 2.5% - I'm a glutton for punishment.

You have my DTD account details, good luck.

Cheers Scott

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »

Unlucky Simon Sad

Can i ask why you folded the wrap and fd vs Marc?

Flop was 5 6 Q and with Marcs reraise i have to put him on QQ , when the T comes on the turn only a 4 or 7 now gives me a nut straight as an 8 or 9 could give Marc higher straights if he has 9J or JK with his QQ , also the player behind may now have a top wrap or/and a bigger flush draw and decide to gamble if i call further reducing my outs , + i still had plenty of chips relative to the blinds at that stage , maybe if i was last to act i may have called.

Cheers

ACES

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »

Hey Simon,

I'll take 2.5% please

Cheers...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »

5 shares requested so far.

4 to WSOP-E backers with the bonus.

1 to a newbie MC.

I will give this till 8pm tomorrow then make a decision as to whether i am going to play.

Cheers

ACES

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 07:09:23 AM »

Simon,

Put me down for 2.5% - I'm a glutton for punishment.

You have my DTD account details, good luck.

Cheers Scott

Same here Simon. Can you do it thru my Dtd account? Any problems PM me and I can do a bank transfer for the £30. GL at the Vic

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Hi All

I had a request yesterday for 10 shares taking the total so far to 16 .

Whether i will play with less than 24 sold i will decide later.

Cheers

ACES

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 10:09:14 PM »

i'll take 5% again pls...er, on the slate again i'm afraid
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 10:26:30 PM »

i'll take 5% again pls...er, on the slate again i'm afraid

A true poker player!

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 02:38:03 AM »

Ok . let's see if i can do better this time lol.

The shareholders for the £1050 PLO Double Chance at The Vic are as follows.

Evil Pie ( Matt ) 20% Paid

Simon Nowab 15% Paid

Tony Minnis 5% Paid

Julian Thew 5% Slate

Tikay 5% Slate

Red Simon 2.5% Paid

MC ( James ) 2.5% Paid

Scott Mcgee 2.5% Paid

Robbiebox (Jon) 2.5% Paid

Updates will be on this thread.

Cheers All

ACES

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:50:13 PM by ACES » Logged

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 01:18:18 PM »

pfft been abroad all week, would have had another go with you Simon. GL anyway. thumbs up
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »

Good luck in this Simon

Would happily of had a chunk if I had seen it sooner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: