blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT London: Final Table
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT London: Final Table  (Read 39488 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

Horecki and Liu see a flop.

Check, check

Horecki checks, Liu bets 200k and Horecki moves all-in. Liu makes the call eventually.

Liu:

Horecki:

Horecki doubles up. What are everyone's thought on Horecki checking the king twice and Liu betting the turn? Benjamin Kang seemed to really hate the check twice with a king.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2008, 06:22:27 PM »

Who cares about EPTs and big buy-in events these days? It's the £300 monthly freezeout at DTD that everyone's talking about. Come check out what's going down in sunny Nottingham. In fact, if you come now, I'll guarantee you some breasts.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=37352.new#new
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:02 PM »

Taking the Michael

Michael Martin raises to 130k, Michael Tureniec reraises all-in for around 570k more. The Swedish Michael wins this battle, before taking the blinds in the next hand also.

Tureniec raises to 130k, Horecki who acts very slowly as though his duracell batteries are nearing the end of their life, thinks again. He and Martin both fold.

TazDevil

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »

Check, check

Horecki checks, Liu bets 200k and Horecki moves all-in. Liu makes the call eventually.

Liu:

Horecki:

Horecki doubles up. What are everyone's thought on Horecki checking the king twice and Liu betting the turn? Benjamin Kang seemed to really hate the check twice with a king.

he wants him to catch up , and with inducing the bet he can get it all in good vs the other player therefore winning him more chips, he is deep enough to check raise all in and the A high flush draw is 1 of only hands which would eventually call anyhow so he's favourite on turn. i like it as lui is aggressive player
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2008, 06:28:02 PM »

Check, check

Liu:

Horecki:

He obviously had a pre-designed plan to let the aggressive Liu make a play at some point, and then check raise him all-in.

I think there's little doubt that Liu would have bet the turn with a pretty wide range, and possibly call with worse (as he did) if Horecki check raised him. It worked out well and against Liu, it's probably a good play as he will fire the turn so often with such a wide range...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »

*****************Dinner break for one hour***************

See you at 7.30pm folks, Eric Liu has been the big boy so far, but the Pole Horecki is coming after him fast! It will be very interesting to see how it all pans out after the break.

See you then!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2008, 06:57:15 PM »

are there any players over 35 left plz?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

are there any players over 35 left plz?

Horecki's the old man of the lot, we think just a shade under 35. Still younger than Floppy's jokes!

It's the internet kids FTW though. We think Liu has played great this final and probably deserves to win. Marcin has played a good tactical game with his stack though the final though.

At the moment those two look headed for the Heads Up game based just on stacks, and if that happens, Marcin will have to increase his aggression to match up against Liu who will likely steamroller him if he doesn't.

To be honest, it's a bit of a shame from a poker purist point of view that they started the final with such shallow stacks, although there is no doubt that this has made for a super entertaining contest with big pot after big pot being played out.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55:02 PM »

Play restarting shortly.

Results of Rod and my 12-card PLO game.

1st hand.

three diamonds flop, I have 4-2 with bottom set and an 8 high flush draw against Rod's A-A-Qs-9s-6-4. I hold Grin

2nd hand.

K-4-2, Rod flops bottom set with an A-3-5 wrap, I flop top pair and A-3-5-6. Turn is , I now have the nut flush draw with A-J-T for a double wrap as well, river is T. We chop with both holding K-T.

3rd hand.

, I flop QQQ with J-T-9 as well, Rod flops bottom set and a flush draw and a gutshot, turn is the giving me the nut flush draw. River is the Rod wins with a Q-high flush.

4th hand.

. Rod wins with J-T, had both flush draws covered and had jacks. I couldn't make better that A-K. Sho shick.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »

Back from dinner, we resume 4 handed.

Gl all, here we go...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 08:12:30 PM »

Massive bok from me on Eric Liu.

Straight after the break, Tureniec opens for 170,000 and Liu shoves over the top of him with .

He gets called by Tureniec who has the nuts, A-A!

Bad timing for Liu and with the board bringing no surprises he is knocked down to 600k by this hand, while Tureniec, the Swede, moves into the chip lead with 2.5 million chips!

Great timing.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »

Michael Martin pushes with two spades Two Diamonds, Eric Liu calls all-in behind him with

A flopped broadway for Liu with danger only hinted at on the turn. Liu is back up to 1.3 million Michael Martin has just 100k left.

Liu folds and Tureniec limps the button and Horecki calls. Both call Michael Martin's shove for 15k more.

two spades

Check check.

Check check.

Michael Martin has pocket 8's and trebles up to 305k against the A-7 and Q-3 of his Swedish and Polish opponents.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 08:15:43 PM »

Photos of the last four, impossible to get any closer.

TazDevil

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »

looks like its rigged towards the pokerstars pro tonight 
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2008, 08:18:45 PM »

Tureniec raises to 240k, Martin picks up his stacks and moves all-in for another 60k!

Eric Liu...folds and Michael Martin makes the call with while the other Michael tables ...the shortstack's ahead!

The flop falls K. Martin looks sick as he is outdrawn by the Swede.

The turn is the ...WOW! Full house for Tureniec. Martin looks like he's going out...

RIVER: ! Incredible! He hits a two out on the river for a bigger boat!

A huge smile of relief breaks out across Martin's face! He's back in it with 700k...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: