blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345869 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: May 03, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »

You could be looking at this season as a great sucess in 12 months time.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: May 03, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »

It's 2014 you are not a bigger club than any of the current top 7.  Sorry to try and wake u up and smell the coffee but that is reality.  It's like dealing with Adz all over again on the Arsenal thread.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 03, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »

Ouch.

If we don't 'overpeform' again then you may well be right.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 03, 2014, 05:37:14 PM »

You can all have 5/1 newcastle go down next year with me for anything up to £500 if the club is in such trouble.  I will pay for all your season tickets to watch such terrible football if you are already doomed just let me know how much you want on.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: May 03, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »

It's 2014 you are not a bigger club than any of the current top 7.  Sorry to try and wake u up and smell the coffee but that is reality.  It's like dealing with Adz all over again on the Arsenal thread.

We know this, go and read Mondas list again.

I don't think he wrote:

'We aren't finishing in third even though we're bigger than Liverpool'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 03, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »

Could you explain in what way that Everton, Southampton and Tottenham are bigger clubs ?

I'm luckily not a complete moron so I'm well aware they all currently have better players.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: May 03, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »

Could you explain in what way that Everton, Southampton and Tottenham are bigger clubs ?

I'm luckily not a complete moron so I'm well aware they all currently have better players.

I love the big club debate, Leeds are still a bigger club than newcastle right? Wink

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 03, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »

Ouch.

Wasn't intended as a dig, but the guy who owns your club don't seem too keen to spend money so Pardew or no Pardew could be grim next year.

Believe me following a club that hasn't tasted top flight football this century your problems are ones I'd love every day.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 03, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »

Ouch.

Wasn't intended as a dig, but the guy who owns your club don't seem too keen to spend money so Pardew or no Pardew could be grim next year.

Believe me following a club that hasn't tasted top flight football this century your problems are ones I'd love every day.

heh, I know, I know....

unfortunately we'll be stuck with a hapless manager and a cantankerous arse of an owner who both treat the fans like mugs and you're right, the owner will refuse to invest this summer and things will be incred grim next year. I don't know that we for sure will be relegated, but we'll definitely be in the scrap which we could easily fade.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 03, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »

Ouch.

Every Newcastle fan I know is in agreement that Pardew is just a small part of the problem.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 03, 2014, 06:01:45 PM »

These are the same fans whose team can't compete financially with the top 6 in the uk yet they want to turn down a huge amount of cash every year to help close the gap just because they don't want the ground's name changed.  You can't have it all ways lads if you want to compete you have to move with the times.  
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 03, 2014, 06:04:59 PM »

These are the same fans whose team can't compete financially with the top 6 in the uk yet they want to turn down a huge amount of cash every year to help close the gap just because they don't want the ground's name changed.  You can't have it all ways lads if you want to compete you have to move with the times.  

Yeah because we make a shit load of money advertising Sports Direct right ?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 03, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »

Ouch.

Every Newcastle fan I know is in agreement that Pardew is just a small part of the problem.

imo the biggest problem with the club is the fan's deluded sense of entitlement/expectation.  Your club is being run on a sensible 65% wages/turnover ratio by a shrewd business man owner who is self made.  Just because you have 55,000 turn up every week that isn't the key revenue driver in football anymore like it was 30 years ago.  If football was judged on a big crowd in a single team city with no competition then yes you would be considered a big club.  However it's not 1982 any more and things have moved on.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 03, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »

Since february it's been absolutely terrible, I'll agree with that, but we defo over-achieved the first half of the season, Cabaye and Remy on form, Gouffran playing great (admittedly keeping Ben Arfa out of the team but still) but was playing some great stuff and defo deserved every bit of being in the top 6 imo, on the ground of the football we'd played.

Then Cabaye goes and takes Remy's form with him (injury didn't help) Gouffran struggles aswel without Cabaye there and unfortunately it appears that despite him scoring some absolute worldies in his first season It's become apparent that Cisse is not good enough for the premier league. No creativity (without cabaye) no goals (without Remy) and no form or confidence, but like Camel said luckily we'd had such a good first half and there are some awful awful teams at the bottom we were never in danger of going anywhere near the relegation battle.

Basically next season we need a heart of the team, playmaker, creator, someone who can make stuff happen when it's needed (Ben Arfa for e.g. if he's on form) and we need someone who can score goals!! Remy going back i imagine and rumours of arsenal going in for him?

If we can find that player, and a striker - and Mike Ashley makes the cash available for those players, and can strengthen the team on the wings a bit then i think we have a great shout at a good season next year, imo.

Defo way too much doom and gloom I agree with Arbboy, it's just so disappointing after such a great start that we couldn't have had a go at europe this season (spesh with Man U falling out of the race) or at the very least just had some good football to watch this last 4 months.

Newcastle is a "big" club, it's got a big stadium and relentlessly loyal support - doesn't entitle us to anything though, just means that we have the structure with the stadium and the training facilities to make a genuine attack at the big clubs if and when the opportunity arises - like it might have done this yr if Cabaye stayed and Remy stayed fit/in form for e.g.

Im way more optimistic than everyone else though it seems!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 03, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »

Ouch.

imo the biggest problem with the club is the fan's deluded sense of entitlement/expectation.  Your club is being run on a sensible 65% wages/turnover ratio by a shrewd business man owner who is self made.  Just because you have 55,000 turn up every week that isn't the key revenue driver in football anymore like it was 30 years ago.  If football was judged on a big crowd in a single team city with no competition then yes you would be considered a big club.  However it's not 1982 any more and things have moved on.

Same old bs that is completely untrue and really annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: