blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345854 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: December 30, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »

I don't rate Pardew but considering the circumstances he has to work in he's done well. Spose we will find out how good he is/was based on how his successor does with the same team

I don't get this argument either.

What exactly is so terrible about the circumstances he was working under?

Blue text
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 30, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »

Didn't he bench Tevez/Mascherano for large periods of their spell there too who now play for Juventus/Barcelona and combined have won everything in football between them.

Mascherano was well known to be Hayden Fucking Mullens deputy!

As for Tevez..

Tevez, who could start today in his preferred role as a central striker, said: "I was surprised to see how long Pardew held on to the job in the end.

"In Argentina or Brazil he would have been out long ago. It was clear the team did not react as he wanted — it wasn't going right.

"I was never given the chances I thought I would be given and I was told to play out of position against my will.

"I had to sacrifice myself for the team which I don't think helped. I was playing in ways I did not understand well and I lost a lot from my own game.

"It didn't fit where he put me, but I wanted to help."If he was a bad tactician but passionate and a good man manager j could take it.

Our captain has tried to flee to Argentina twice since pardew came here, he has regularly turned international players into bench warmers, he's continuesld to show very poor form getting beaten off our rivals 4 games in a row scoring 1 and conceding 9.

We've been hammered off teams and or players have given up mid match.

The london press who call us stupid fans will murder him.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 30, 2014, 04:30:48 PM »

I don't rate Pardew but considering the circumstances he has to work in he's done well. Spose we will find out how good he is/was based on how his successor does with the same team

And which manager wouldn't have us as a mid table team? All the other bad managers like Bruce etc would have been exactly the same.

You have to remember there's slme awful teams in this league. Burnley, Leicester, villa, Sunderland, palace, qpr etc

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: December 30, 2014, 04:36:36 PM »

With a bit of luck they'll get someone in the Keegan mould, and then it will be exciting to watch them again Smiley

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 30, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »

And which manager wouldn't have us as a mid table team? All the other bad managers like Bruce etc would have been exactly the same.

You have to remember there's slme awful teams in this league. Burnley, Leicester, villa, Sunderland, palace, qpr etc

These teams aren't awful Pleno.  Any of them can beat a top team on a good day. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: December 30, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »

Would be fun to see them relegated and wipe big Mike out.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 30, 2014, 06:26:02 PM »

These teams aren't awful Pleno.  Any of them can beat a top team on a good day. 

Im a sunderland fan, and I can confirm we are fucking dreadful
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2152 on: December 30, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

Do the Newcastle fans think Pardew will keep Palace up this year?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 30, 2014, 09:36:17 PM »

Not a fan

But probably yes but that's judging him against neil warnock which is no benchmark

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 30, 2014, 10:49:53 PM »

Do Newcastle fans think Colin wanker ( first time hearing today) can keep them up this season?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 30, 2014, 11:54:52 PM »

Do Newcastle fans think Colin wanker ( first time hearing today) can keep them up this season?

Who?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:02 AM »

Premier League Position:
10/11   12th - became manager half way through the season
11/12   5th
12/13   16th
13/14   10th
14/15   10th season to date

Net Transfer Spend last 5 Seasons

17th - Newcastle   Total £6.25million  Average per season £1.25 million

Conclusion? He overachieved.

Seems he was right about Ben Harfa as well and my god he was hammered for that.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 31, 2014, 04:52:43 AM »

Who?
seemingly a well known anagram of Neil warnock

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 31, 2014, 09:52:44 AM »

Premier League Position:
10/11   12th - became manager half way through the season
11/12   5th
12/13   16th
13/14   10th
14/15   10th season to date

Net Transfer Spend last 5 Seasons

17th - Newcastle   Total £6.25million  Average per season £1.25 million

Conclusion? He overachieved.

Seems he was right about Ben Harfa as well and my god he was hammered for that.

Whilst I agree we could have spent more, especially with the TV money, the figures don't quite tell the whole story.

Those figures need to take into account the sales of Carroll for £35m and Cabaye for £20m. That and we are generally quite shrewd about our business.

Pardew has had plenty of international players come in during his time here.

You can't just rank everyone by net spend and say that's what their position should be. There's more to it than that.

Blue text
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »

This is still my fav Pardew tale

“Let me tell you a story. In fact, it’s called the ‘King story’ among those who were present and who believe it’s a perfect example of Pardew’s arrogance. We were staying at a hotel in the North East ahead of a game at Sunderland during Alan’s first season in charge and were about to have our Friday evening meal.

The players were restricted to boiled chicken or pasta, or suchlike, whereas the rest of the West Ham party had the choice of the entire menu. I sat down with Pardew, kit manager Eddie Gillam, physiotherapist John Green and fitness coach Tony Strudwick, who now works for Manchester United and has done very well for himself. We ordered our meals and suddenly Pardew asked us all what we were having. I think Eddie said he’d gone for the chicken, while I’d chosen the steak. Pards then turned to Struds, who revealed whatever it was he’d asked for. ‘That sounds good,’ said Pards. ‘Tell you what; if yours is better than mine when it turns up, I’m having that.’ That was one of the things he’d always say: I’m having that. ‘See that bloke’s haircut? I’m having that.’ He said it all the time. Anyway, I wasn’t ‘having that’ at all. So I said, ‘Well, you’re certainly not having my dinner. You’ll get a fork in the back of your hand!’ Pardew sort of laughed, before turning back to Struds and saying, ‘Yeah, if yours is better than mine, I’m having that.’

Our meals eventually arrived and Pards looked at Tony and said, ‘Yeah, I was right, yours definitely looks much better than mine; I’m having that.’ And he went to swap the plates over. ‘You can’t do that!’ I said. ‘What do you mean?’ he asked. ‘You can’t just take somebody else’s dinner,’ I said in disbelief. And he replied, without any hint of a joke, ‘When you’re the King, you can do anything.’ Eddie, Tony, John and I just looked at each other and there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment. Struds was a nice guy but he could be a bit of a ‘yes man’ at times and so he just allowed Pardew to swap the plates.

However, the rest of us were flabbergasted by it all and we ended up discussing what had happened in the bar. Alan kept a straight face when referring to himself as ‘the King’ and I just couldn’t believe the arrogance of the man.”

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: