blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345598 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: May 28, 2016, 08:07:09 PM »

Well Watford beat you 3 times out of 3 in all competitions.  And both the league games were comfortable.  At some point you have to actually perform in a league season and otherwise concede that you're not as good as you think you are?  And if Sunderland weren't there I think it is correct to say you weren't remotely close to staying up.  It was apparent it was Villa plus 2 out of 3 by about March.

Yeah and chelsea have the 10th best squad in the league.

Pretty deluded.  You were relegated with a game to spare and deservedly so.  Maybe your squad simply isn't as good as you seem to think it is.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: May 28, 2016, 08:35:54 PM »

Well Watford beat you 3 times out of 3 in all competitions.  And both the league games were comfortable.  At some point you have to actually perform in a league season and otherwise concede that you're not as good as you think you are?  And if Sunderland weren't there I think it is correct to say you weren't remotely close to staying up.  It was apparent it was Villa plus 2 out of 3 by about March.

Pretty deluded.  You were relegated with a game to spare and deservedly so.  Maybe your squad simply isn't as good as you seem to think it is.

Amazing the relegation favourites gaffer gets them 13th and gets 45 points and gets sacked, but Im deluded. How am I deluded to suggest to suggested that squad ability is better than final position, it seems your understanding of squad vs form is equal to your understanding of remotely? Lets be realistic though, you seen your beloved norwich with ighalo get criticised and harry hardon for the hornets got so mad he started being dramatic? Why dont you start your own watford thread, you cant start with a quiz who can name more than two watford players.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: May 28, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »

Amazing the relegation favourites gaffer gets them 13th and gets 45 points and gets sacked, but Im deluded. How am I deluded to suggest to suggested that squad ability is better than final position, it seems your understanding of squad vs form is equal to your understanding of remotely? Lets be realistic though, you seen your beloved norwich with ighalo get criticised and harry hardon for the hornets got so mad he started being dramatic? Why dont you start your own watford thread, you cant start with a quiz who can name more than two watford players.

The fact that you can't name more than 2 Watford players is likely the reason you have an inflated opinion of your own relegated squad?  I'll leave you to believe Newcastle still have a solid Premier League squad and that the only reason they went down was because they were in poor form.  For 38 games.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: May 28, 2016, 08:56:36 PM »

I backed the Relegation favs to go down with a certain Mr Dung!!  Don't rub it in John!   Shocked

PM me your bank details Dung btw so i can weigh you in! 
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: May 28, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »

The fact that you can't name more than 2 Watford players is likely the reason you have an inflated opinion of your own relegated squad?  I'll leave you to believe Newcastle still have a solid Premier League squad and that the only reason they went down was because they were in poor form.  For 38 games.

On a poker forum the fact that you think 38 is a reasonable sample thats funny, granted not as funny as thinking 2 games is remotely different but cheers for the laughs. For serious though I think I can name 6 watford players tho, igloo, deeney, that keeper who was shit at spurs, Enya, john barnes and that bloke who used to play exhibitions at wimbledon with the tash.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: May 28, 2016, 09:01:40 PM »

On a poker forum the fact that you think 38 is a reasonable sample thats funny, granted not as funny as thinking 2 games is remotely different but cheers for the laughs. For serious though I think I can name 6 watford players tho, igloo, deeney, that keeper who was shit at spurs, Enya, john barnes and that bloke who used to play exhibitions at wimbledon with the tash.

So you're not qualified to judge Newcastle's squad compared to rivals assuming you have the same knowledge about Bournemouth and West Brom.  I admire you being guided by blind faith.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 28, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »

Bournemouth underperformed not over performed this season of that much I can be certain. Their two biggest attacking threats were out for the vast majority of the season. I expect them to kick on significantly next season. Especially if they replace Boruc.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: May 28, 2016, 09:19:07 PM »

Bournemouth underperformed not over performed this season of that much I can be certain. Their two biggest attacking threats were out for the vast majority of the season. I expect them to kick on significantly next season. Especially if they replace Boruc.

Correct.  Was going to say that earlier.  WBA biggest over achievers along with Stoke.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 28, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »

I backed the Relegation favs to go down with a certain Mr Dung!!  Don't rub it in John!   Shocked

PM me your bank details Dung btw so i can weigh you in! 

Cheers bud - just sent you PM
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 28, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »

Correct.  Was going to say that earlier.  WBA biggest over achievers along with Stoke.

leicester....
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 28, 2016, 09:59:20 PM »

Correct.  Was going to say that earlier.  WBA biggest over achievers along with Stoke.

leicester....

Obviously that was assumed!!!  I was talking less obvious ones.  Numerous good judges had WBA as a bottom 3 side stats wise over the season.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:01:57 PM by arbboy » Logged
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 28, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »

Correct.  Was going to say that earlier.  WBA biggest over achievers along with Stoke.

leicester....

Obviously that was assumed!!!  I was talking less obvious ones.  Numerous good judges had WBA as a bottom 3 side stats wise over the season.

Pullis hey! Saw some tweet at the end of the season about the points his team's have accumulated each season in the premier league and it's scarily close each season. Think Stoke, Villa & WBA were the only worse shots per game teams than United this season.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 28, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »

leicester....

Nothing more obvious than pulis not getting relegated though.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 29, 2016, 03:43:02 PM »

Newcastle deserved to go down based on the performance over 38 games. You, Villa and Sunderland have been incredibly shit the last few years. Hopefully Sunderland drop next time round.

If you had beaten Watford (a team you think you are better than for some odd reason) in one of the two games you would have stayed up. Now you have away days at Burton.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 29, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »

Newcastle deserved to go down based on the performance over 38 games. You, Villa and Sunderland have been incredibly shit the last few years. Hopefully Sunderland drop next time round.

If you had beaten Watford (a team you think you are better than for some odd reason) in one of the two games you would have stayed up. Now you have away days at Burton.

Cheers michael
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: