Job Application form....need help with a few questions.

<< < (3/4) > >>

lazaroonie:
Quote from: Girgy85 on October 28, 2008, 11:55:58 AM

Q2. It is vitally important that in their duties, Police Community Support Officers show respect for the lifestyles of other people.

Think of an example of a situation when you have shown respect for someone who had an important aspect of their lifestyle (for example, a deep-rooted moral or religious belief) that differed significantly from your own. You will be assessed in this question on your understanding and sensitivity to the differences you and this particular person had, and how you adapted what you said or did to suit their needs.

Tell us how the situation arose.

I walked into a local Chinese takeaway after a skinful round at my local, The fascist and firkin. Anyway as I got in there was this bloke having trouble ordering his food, the guy behind the counter was having trouble understanding him. The customer was getting a bit agitated, "Dont you speak fkin English you idiot ?", and making other racial slurs.

Tell us in detail what you did and what you said.

I could see that things were getting ugly so I said "alright mate calm down, I can speak chinese. what is it that you want anyway ?" - he replied "just some chicken fried rice and a pineapple fritter". I approached the counter, screwed up my face, put my fingers to my eyes and said "ah so! two cheekin flied lice and pinerapple flitter !!'.

What did you learn about the other person from this experience?

That they liked chicken fried too.

Rod Paradise:
Quote from: Girgy85 on October 28, 2008, 11:55:58 AM

Right im applying for a Job back home in U.K to be a Police Community officer.

I am stuck on a couple of questions and need some ideas/hints at where to go with the questions! (Minds gone blank at the moment)

So here goes.....

Q2. It is vitally important that in their duties, Police Community Support Officers show respect for the lifestyles of other people.

Think of an example of a situation when you have shown respect for someone who had an important aspect of their lifestyle (for example, a deep-rooted moral or religious belief) that differed significantly from your own. You will be assessed in this question on your understanding and sensitivity to the differences you and this particular person had, and how you adapted what you said or did to suit their needs.

Tell us how the situation arose.

Tell us in detail what you did and what you said.

What did you learn about the other person from this experience?

How were you able to adapt what you did to suit the other person?

Q3. It is essential that Police Community Support Officers act without being told and strive to do an excellent job.

Tell us about a situation when you have acted without being told, gone beyond what was expected of you and even gone further than others would have done. You will be assessed in this question on your willingness to get fully involved and to work to the highest standards.

What was the situation and why did you feel the need to act?

Exactly what did you do and say?

If you hadn't acted as you did, what do you think the consequences for everyone involved would have been?

Im not asking for answers to the questions cos its all about the person applying but i just want a few hints and tips to what i should be heading for!!

Thanks guys and help would be useful.

Anyone think that the results from those questions will be the police force only employing people who lie & invent stories to their own ends.... oh, right I get it.....

Girgy85:
Im not gonna be lying i just didnt fully understand the meaning of the question and wanted some advice on which direction i needed to be going in!

Rod Paradise:
Quote from: Girgy85 on October 28, 2008, 02:18:39 PM

Im not gonna be lying i just didnt fully understand the meaning of the question and wanted some advice on which direction i needed to be going in!

Not a pop at you mate - but let's say I'm not hugely trusting of the constabulary.

pokerfan:
Quote from: Acidmouse on October 28, 2008, 12:07:54 PM

Q2 is pretty standard, make up a story where you found people arguing/fighting over some bollocks religious thing and you acted as mediator in the situation. Maybe a anti fascist demo where lots of BNP people where there, and you diffused a situation or did x y z.

q2 pretty standard,yeah happens to me every week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page