blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  GUKPT £3150 Main Event Staking
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUKPT £3150 Main Event Staking  (Read 15809 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »

sigh  Roll Eyes

i am sure tikay was just trying to help.

sigh all u like richard but i think your missing the point.

gasman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:16 PM »

Lol. sorry I did'nt know, close the thread if I have broken the rules.

its not a dig at you gasman and im sure you are completely honourable but rules were brought in in the staking threads after a number of members were ripped off by people they staked.

so why then do the powers that be allow and even support breaking of these rules?

im just curious to why? what happens if gasman was to scam whoever stakes him?

np, I know what you mean.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:49 PM »

having a few extra posts wouldn't be a guarantee against that. Surely better to use some common sense and allow a little leeway than encouraging him to go and make a few pointless posts just to get over 300 (which he could easily do if he wanted)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »

its not a dig at you gasman and im sure you are completely honourable but rules were brought in in the staking threads after a number of members were ripped off by people they staked.

so why then do the powers that be allow and even support breaking of these rules?

i think the 300 rule was brought in because of the annonimity involved in staking people that other folk dont know but this guy is not only 8 posts away( and i know that's not your point) but is well known on the scene and has a good poker reputation.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 03:46:49 PM »

Well there you see the problems we face.

I decided to use those oh-so-rare commodities, "discretion" & "common-sense", in this case. The OP has been a Member since August 2006, & is not a "Stake-Grabber" who's joined blonde simply to get some staking action, he's a good, solid, blonde, more of a lurker than a Poster, but that's fine.

He could have easily run up 8 more "drivel Posts" to get him over the line, or we could have said "go away, & come back when you have 300 Posts".

Instead, common-sense, & my discretion, were applied.

This Staking request remains valid, & we will continue to be sensible as to how we apply our Rules.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »

i think the 300 rule was brought in because of the annonimity involved in staking people that other folk dont know but this guy is not only 8 posts away( and i know that's not your point) but is well known on the scene and has a good poker reputation.

so its who you are then rather than the rules?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 03:48:17 PM »

This seems a bit pedantic really. Would having 298 or 302 posts really make a difference from someone scamming someone?

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »

hope you get the staking sunny,if i wasent doing chunks i would have snapped a few% lol
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »

meanwhilst, % anyone?

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 03:50:58 PM »

well the rules ARE "who you are" in a sense, the 300 posts rule was established to help people know who they are staking primarilly(that's my understanding of it) but if everyone knows the guy and tikay or someone alike can vouch that it's him then it seems kinda o.k to let it go IMO
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:53:22 PM by bolt pp » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »

"Gasman" wont be scamming anyone, at any time, ever.

He's extremely well-known, well-regarded, been around a goodly while, & I expect him to remain so.

It was not "powers that be", it was my decision, & I don't regret it one bit. Common-sense ftw.

rules were brought in in the staking threads after a number of members were ripped off by people they staked.

That is incorrect.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

I take 1%. Cheesy

PM sent.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »

This seems a bit pedantic really. Would having 298 or 302 posts really make a difference from someone scamming someone?

i agree floppy it is pedantic and the number of posts makes no difference.
my point was that why have the 300 post rule if we are going to break it?
if it had been a lesser known player who had been a member since 2006 with 292 posts would it have been allowed then?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »

No. It's discretion & common-sense.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »

well the rules ARE "who you are in a sense", the 300 posts rule was established to help people know who they are staking primarilly(that's my understanding of it) but if everyone knows the guy and tikay or someone alike can vouch that it's him then it seems kinda o.k to let it go IMO

i have not got a problem with letting it go and i wish gasman all the best i just wanted clarification of the rules thats all

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: