blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Anniversary Cup - Day 1
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Anniversary Cup - Day 1  (Read 63805 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »

Other players grinding like a grinding meat-grinder.

Mickey Wernick
Paul Gourlay
Daniel Rudd
Tom Rutter
Tim Flanders
Trevor Reardon
Cristiano Blanco

cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »

tales of paul mctaggart ....aka boba farce pls

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2008, 12:59:06 AM »

With the board reading three clubs Two Clubs , Paul McTaggart led out for 3,500, leaving 22,000 behind. After a short dwell, Alan Stearn declared, "Well, effectively I only have ace high," and making the fold. I think it was later unearthed that he there was nothing effective about it, rather he did indeed have ace high. Either way, McTaggart (who sounds like a very Scottish detective might I add) took down the pot and now has around 30,000.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2008, 01:03:26 AM »

Zippy Aslam has taken a big pot of Jon Kalmar

The pot already looked big on the turn with the board reading where Kalmar check/raised Zippy's 2,700 bet to about 7,700. Zippy made the call after some serious deliberation with only about 10k behind. The river was a draw-making . Kalmar checked and Zippy moved in.

"I knew you were on a draw!" bemoaned Kalmar before folding and a silent Zippy stacked his chips.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2008, 01:03:59 AM »

This scoop comes courtesy of Fran, so send any virtual insults her way if the information is incorrect. Anyhow, according to my ringside detective, Daniel Rudd has doubled up with T-8 versus Q-T on a 9-7-T flop, the man from Grimsby hitting a six of the end for the rivered straight. "I think he has around 25,000 or 30,000, but don't write that because I'm unreliable."
20Years

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2008, 01:05:21 AM »

any pictures of matthew lewis and danny cochren?
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »

Disaster for Ralph Shalson....A day of solid work goes up in smoke when he gets it all-in preflop with Aces against Nick Hicks' Kings. But one time in five, things are going pearshaped for the nut preflop hand, and on this occasion, the force was with the Hickster as he spiked another cowboy turning things for Karabiner from the good to the bad and the just plain ol' ugly. Can Nick spend the rest of the night picking up a few dollars more? Either way, Ralph has simply shrugged his shoulders about the hand saying it's one of those things, so at least Nick won't remain unforgiven.

Nick Hicks is a marked man.
Not only does pwn me.
Now he frickin pwns my stakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2008, 01:12:45 AM »

go dewi 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:06 AM »

Pete Charalmbous raised to 1,450 preflop, Ben Mayhew flat-called, only for Greek Jack to bump it up to 3,700. Both opponents called.

On the flop, Jack led for 6,000, Charlambous passed and Mayhew called.

A turn triggered an all-in from Jack, to the tune of 22,500 which, after a pause of around three or four minutes, was called by Mayhew who showed . Jack had .

The river was a blank and a big pot, as well as the scalp of Jack, went to the man from Bury St-Edmunds.

"I was made to sweat there," concluded a relieved Mayhew as Charalambous cursed his folding of pocket jacks.
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:57 AM »

With the board reading three clubs Two Clubs , Paul McTaggart led out for 3,500, leaving 22,000 behind. After a short dwell, Alan Stearn declared, "Well, effectively I only have ace high," and making the fold. I think it was later unearthed that he there was nothing effective about it, rather he did indeed have ace high. Either way, McTaggart (who sounds like a very Scottish detective might I add) took down the pot and now has around 30,000.

nice bring me home the $$$$$ fett!

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2008, 01:16:48 AM »

Pete Charalmbous raised to 1,450 preflop, Ben Mayhew flat-called, only for Greek Jack to bump it up to 3,700. Both opponents called.

On the flop, Jack led for 6,000, Charlambous passed and Mayhew called.

A turn triggered an all-in from Jack, to the tune of 22,500 which, after a pause of around three or four minutes, was called by Mayhew who showed . Jack had .

The river was a blank and a big pot, as well as the scalp of Jack, went to the man from Bury St-Edmunds.

"I was made to sweat there," concluded a relieved Mayhew as Charalambous cursed his folding of pocket jacks.

weeeeeeeee, how much has he got now?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »

Paul Kemp is OUT. He raised it up to 1,500 with , James Harcourt put him all in for 8,000 wtih and Kemp called. Although caught red-handed, Harcourt managed to river a cruel Broadway on an ensuing two spades board, much to the frustration of Kemp who was visibly upset as he the final card was dealt.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2008, 01:23:19 AM »

any pictures of matthew lewis and danny cochren?

Here are your two. The former of which is now in Tom Rutter's seat since Dr Rutter isn't taking any more patients tonight, he's out. Tom just flatted an initial raise with Queens expecting the aggressive button to reraise most hands. This he did, and the OR flat-called, Tom now moved in and the button eventually made a call with the OR folding. The button showed a hand at the top of his range, A-K which spiked a Barry Greenstein special to leave us left yelling, "Is there a doctor in the house???"

The answer is now, "No."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2008, 01:25:51 AM »

Around half an hour left now. With about half the players remaining it's still pretty shocking that the average stack is now only slightly under 100 BB's.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2008, 01:28:18 AM »

DTD are now playing David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel", Snoopy has gone mental, jumped up on the table and is headbanging much to the shock of everyone around.*

*May not be true.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: