blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272708 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  3 handed final situation
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 handed final situation  (Read 3311 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »

just take the blinds is good enough

Are you seriously happy to just take down the blinds here Kev?

Once i have put my chips in, if i take the blinds then cest la vie ... Im sorry but i am never making a standard raise from a 10BB stack with 10 10 in this situation.

I'm still drunk and have only had one hour's sleep, but I agree with Kiv here.

Kev surely you know you must be wrong when Kin agree's!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 01:19:45 PM »

Once i have put my chips in, if i take the blinds then cest la vie ... Im sorry but i am never making a standard raise from a 10BB stack with 10 10 in this situation.

When you shove the chance either of your remaining 2 oppos having a good hand is very slim. The chance they will have a good enough hand to call a 10k bet is very unlikely. So you will often just take the blinds. In this thread opinion is split about a hand a strong as A-9s in a 3-handed game. So this bet wont be called much and when it is called you stand as much chance of being behind as ahead.

Why force the big stack to fold A-rag and small pairs when he could readily come over the top with these hands? You must win his chips at some point. You have like the 5th nuts right now, and 3-handed that IS the nuts, and you don't want the big stack to come out to play? It isn't c'est la vie if you just win the blinds it's because you pushed your whole stack in.

in my limited experience, ppl dont balance their 3X preflop bets and their 12X shoves that much in MTT's. not sure if you need to, but when you are at the table a long time late on, and/or playing the same opponents a lot, patterns deffo emerge. I prefer shoving 100% of my range here than 3X'ing, any competent opponent is gonna realise they have no FE for you to open/fold anyway.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »

When you shove the chance either of your remaining 2 oppos having a good hand is very slim. The chance they will have a good enough hand to call a 10k bet is very unlikely. So you will often just take the blinds. In this thread opinion is split about a hand a strong as A-9s in a 3-handed game. So this bet wont be called much and when it is called you stand as much chance of being behind as ahead.

Why force the big stack to fold A-rag and small pairs when he could readily come over the top with these hands? You must win his chips at some point. You have like the 5th nuts right now, and 3-handed that IS the nuts, and you don't want the big stack to come out to play? It isn't c'est la vie if you just win the blinds it's because you pushed your whole stack in.

in my limited experience, ppl dont balance their 3X preflop bets and their 12X shoves that much in MTT's. not sure if you need to, but when you are at the table a long time late on, and/or playing the same opponents a lot, patterns deffo emerge. I prefer shoving 100% of my range here than 3X'ing, any competent opponent is gonna realise they have no FE for you to open/fold anyway.

In principle this theory is pretty good. But the issue I have with it is you are already helping your oppos by giving good answers on their behalf, so you prevent them from making a mistake. There is a decent chance either of them could blunder and raise here with As-xs...but if you push there is no chance of that. Why take the chance of that happening away because you think you know for sure villain 1 and villain 2 will both never play bad.

By pushing, the gamble you take on in preference is that one of those other 2 hands are big enough to call the 10k. And I think that is much less likely, even though I agree your hand will be much better disguised. It doesn't matter that they don't believe you from previous patterns if you push because they still need a hand to call.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »

In principle this theory is pretty good. But the issue I have with it is you are already helping your oppos by giving good answers on their behalf, so you prevent them from making a mistake. There is a decent chance either of them could blunder and raise here with As-xs...but if you push there is no chance of that. Why take the chance of that happening away because you think you know for sure villain 1 and villain 2 will both never play bad.

By pushing, the gamble you take on in preference is that one of those other 2 hands are big enough to call the 10k. And I think that is much less likely, even though I agree your hand will be much better disguised. It doesn't matter that they don't believe you from previous patterns if you push because they still need a hand to call.

so should our strategy depend on our opponents ability?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 02:55:33 PM »

so should our strategy depend on our opponents ability?

What would you say Alex? I say the strategy depends on the overall situation. We need the chips in here and will get them in if either oppo blunders. Are they more likely to blunder raise or blunder call 10k? In this example it doesn't really matter how good your oppos are because whether they call or not depends chiefly on them picking up a hand.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:04:57 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: